EHfan's stuff

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Re: EHfan's stuff

Postby EHfan » 07 Jun 2011, 11:15

Hey y'all -

I finished up my "missing scene" fic for the episode Cardiac. It was really kind of fun to write, going back and imaging how the relationship was developing. I don't know if I'm just reading what I want into the episodes, but I swear that if you watch them in order you can see that the relationship is developing, changing, becoming closer.

So the newest one is here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7059838/1/J ... ly_Knew_Ya

I guess that means Agro is next. The big question, where would be a good place for a missing scene?

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 08 Jun 2011, 04:29

Great story Joyce. You really have the characters down. I can just hear them having this conversation. It was fun to watch their relationship develope during the series. I really need to watch some episodes...maybe this weekend. As far as Agro goes, not sure where to put a missing scene. Maybe after they visit the guys appartment after the scorpian crawls on Jakes arm. I will need to think about this!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 26 Jun 2011, 18:28

Finsished another missing scence. Per Susan's request - what happened after Jacob's freak-out in H20. The genesis of this one was simple. I've always thougth, given what Jacob said to Rachel the next day (Did I do, say, anything, you know weird last night?) that he was really worried about what he might have said to her. People under the influence of PCP can't stop themselves from acting out but they do more or less remember what they while under the influence. So it's unlikely that Jacob would have forgotten if he had attacked her - but he might have been hazy as exactly what he said.

This story also gives hints as to what I think was the status of Jacob and Maggie's realtionship before her death. I don't think she left him physically, but I think that their relationship had grown distant. Of course Rachel, not knowing this, thinks Jacob means that Maggie left him by dying.

So - here is my take on the missing scene for the episode -

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7113796/1/A_Rough_Night
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 03 Jul 2011, 07:16

Thank you Joyce. I know you really would have liked to stay in order. I really enjoyed this one. I think if the series would have continued, we would have learned more about Hoods relationship with his wife. I always think of them as being a happy and fun couple. I think her death changed him and he feels quilt for not being able to save her. At least thats what happenes in my head...but who knows. I really enjoy your writting style. I can see him being wild, then calmed by Rachels voice and touch.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 03 Jul 2011, 17:43

Susan -

Glad you liked it. I have a much different view of their relationship. Remember in Electro when Jacob is talking to Charlie's wife? She's upset - saying she doesn't know him anymore. And Jacob tells her that yes that happens but "if you're lucky you get to hit the reset button and it's all still there." He had such a sad look on his face - I just got the feeling that he wasn't that lucky. Not that they were on the verge of divorce or anything, just that they were two people with demanding careers and they grew apart.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 04 Jul 2011, 07:16

Joyce,
You may be right. At the time, I thougth he was thinking more about her death and not being able to do the things they had wanted. Who knows! I think Mr Gallagher could clear all this up...haha. I think we need a question and answer session with him...like that would happen. I guess thats what makes the fanfics so fun...you can do what you want. I do enjoy everyones different ideas on things. Looking forward to what is next......
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 12 Sep 2011, 15:51

Hi all -

Posted my latest fic over at ff.net the other day - it's my missing scene piece from Titans. I've decided not to worry about doing them in order - but since I'm trying to fit them into my overall arc I've kind of got a niggly little outline for most of them. I'm working on a piece for Miracle next.

As for this one - the basis for it is the very last scene. Rachel has said good-bye to Miller and she sits there on the bleachers with this very sad look on her face. You can't help but wonder what she's thinking about.

This episode had some bits in it that have always interested me. Like Rachel's behavior around Miller. Previously she's been all business - turned down the detective in Resurrection with no second thoughts. But here she's practically drooling over the guy and flirting with him. Odd. Then Rachel not only again asks Hood a question about his past - asking if he ever played sports in college - this time she follows up by revealing something about her past. The most interesting thing though is Jacob's throw-away line to Rachel - about not knocking sex on a plane until she's tried it. Now where did that come from? In previous episodes (think Frozen and Savant) he gets very flustered at any flirting/mention of sex/passes. Now he's pretty much telling Rachel he's had sex in a plane????

So all of that came together to make up my latest -

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7367481/1/O ... est_Number

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 13 Sep 2011, 04:26

It is kind of funny how he can talk about sex on a plane but become embarrased, so to speak, when someone flirts or tells him his work is wonderful. My only guess would be he had sex with his wife on a plane and thinks thats just natural...even if on a plane...haha. Dont know for sure. I think Rachel was just reflecting on her life or lack of around Miller. Shes been hit on before so I was a little surprised at her reaction. I dont think I would like to see her with anyone else. Not even sure the series would have had her and Hood hook up but thats where my head went.

Really enjoyed your fic.A lot of potential with Miracle. Cant wait. Doesnt bother me for them to be out of order. Just happy to have them!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 02 Oct 2011, 15:03

I've been having a bit of writer's block lately. It may be the missing scene thing - trying to hard to think of ways to fit something into the orginial and sitll keep things consistant with what I"ve already written. Maybe I just have to let go of the consistancy thing.

So I decided to re-visit my very first story, Snow Day. At the time I wrote that one I had never thought about writing a fanfic before and didn't think I'd ever write another. But as y'all know - I gone to to write a bunch more and some of them are set before and right after Snow Day. So to help me get back into the writing mode I decided to go back and revise that one. God - did I really say I was going to try to give up on that consistancy thing - yeah right.

So, the new and revised Snow Day - http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5686694/1/Snow_Day
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 03 Oct 2011, 05:10

I love your consistency! Really enjoyed it . I hadnt read the original in a while. Hope this helps with the writers block. I would think its harder to write a snipet of an episode than making up one yourself. I am sure you will have another great fic for us soon! Not that I am hinting or anything.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 25 Oct 2011, 12:24

Finally finished up my missing scene fic from Miracle. I think the one reason I had so much trouble with it was that I wanted to put a lot more of Rachel's thougths into it and she pretty much wouldn't cooperate. Seemed to think the whole mess was Jacob's fault and she wanted as little to do with it as possible. Actually I think as I was writing I came to realize how much of a Jacob episode this is. So it was only right that he should dominate the story.

I took the tack I did because, if you think about it, tho whole set-up is kind of strange. Aside from Medea, the cases they work on are all a result of someone asking the government to send them in. Here though we have Jacob showing up at Rachel's door at 6:00 am on her weekend off pretty much telling her we have to go to Montana NOW. What's up with that? He can't wait one more day when she would be back on duty? And it can't just be becasue of the cancer connection. Jacob was right about one thing - there are thousands of miracle cures for cancer floating around the internet. Just google cancer and "miracle cure." So my story is an attempt to make sense of what was going on in Jacob's head.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7493420/1/I ... ut_My_Wife

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 26 Oct 2011, 04:31

Very nice story. I thought you did well with Rachels thoughts. I got so involved...I was hoping there was another chapter...haha.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 29 Dec 2011, 20:09

Hi y'all -

Finally got the latest finished up and posted. It's an original - set prior to Resurrection. In that episode Rachel says that she was only supposed to be assigned to Hood for three months. Then in Surge, she says that before being assigned to Hood, she was in Kabul, assigned to Task Force Eagle. Well - this story brings together those two points, the why and how Rachel was first assgined to Hood's detail.

It's here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7687795/1/Trial_Run

It was a bit hard to write since I wanted to show that neither one was happy with the situation, but I needed them not to be to snippy with each other. I didn't think that would be in character, Rachel at least would be to professional to let her annoyance show. Most of the time anyway!

Hope you enjoy it.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 31 Dec 2011, 06:49

I agree with what you just wrote. Think you did an excellant job with this one. I do think they were both annoyed at the situation but had to be professional...at least Rachel would be. I think Hood likes to test! A bit of a dry spell for EH fanfics so I was thrilled to read it and enjoyed it. I know its difficult to find the time to write. Its much appreciated! Looking forward to the next one..haha.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 10 Jan 2012, 12:06

Now you may remember that lattelady originated the idea that Jacob was a good poker player. An idea that I picked up and used in my story Date Night. Well, in her reviw of Trail Run, latte wondered if I was planning on having Rachel and Hood play poker, since I seemed to be setting that up in the story. She suggested a story set between that one and Panic Button. I honestly didn't think of that at all, until she suggested it. Then I couldn't get the idea out of my head. The biggest problem was Jacob. He wanted it set much later in my chronology because he thought a game of strip poker with Rachel would be fun. Rachel was not amused. But I had to admit the idea of Jacob playing poker tickled me. So I came up with this one:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7728120/1/N ... alled_Moms

Hope you like it.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 11 Jan 2012, 05:26

I did like it. Very enjoyable and easy to read. I can see Hood being a good card player. He is so smart I assumed he could count cards! Hope all is well with Lady L. I love the fact you continue to give life to EH fandom! Keep it up!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 26 Feb 2012, 14:16

Another original - but no case information in this one. Straight relationship devlopment.

The idea for this one was fairly convoluted. D.C. is really a pretty small place so it wouldn't be beyond the bounds of possibilites that Jacob would run into Rachel when she was out on a date during one of her free weekends. The problem was the way it orginally popped into my head it was set post Medea and Jacob and Rachel ended up in bed. While I have no problem with them in bed, it would mean that this would have to be another stand-alone. And I really didn't feel like doing that. So I let it ferment for awhile and got the idea of setting it immediately prior to Medea. That way I got to keep most of my ideas and still keep to my chronology.

It's here at ff.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7873501/1/T ... ds_Are_For
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 28 Feb 2012, 05:16

Very nice story Joyce. I like that their relationship has evolved into true friendship with thoughts of something more to come. Funny, I can see Jacob not being at all interested in this type of art. I think that is true to his character as we know it. Also like Mrs Fuller being brought in, shows the friendship there. Cant wait for the next chapter! Thanks again for keeping Jacob and Rachel alive for us!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 16 May 2012, 13:43

Hi - Can't beleive that I forgot to post a link to my latest here - especially since Planet-Hood gets credit for the inspiration. Over on the Challenges/Request thread kygal suggested a story where Jacob and Rachel play in a some kind of co-ed sports team, like softball or flag football. The idea tickled me and so I finally decided to write one. And as a thanks(???) to kygal, there's a Kentucky hussy named Susan who tries to put the moves on Jacob.

So - here it is: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8055204/1/Play_Ball

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 20 May 2012, 06:31

Already let you know how thrilled I was with your fic. Loved the KY connection...haha! Thank you!!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 20 May 2012, 13:26

I'm glad you liked the Kentucky connection. I"m thinking about bringing the hussy back for a brief mention in the fic I'm working on. The new on is set right after Medea, Rachel is coming back to work. I'm thinking how amusing it might have been if said hussy was the first replacement handler. Well, let's just say at this point Felix found it amusing. Jacob was pretty appalled.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 22 Jun 2012, 13:21

Her'e s a link to my latest Jacob/Rachel story. Thei one is set after Medea - it's the story of Rachel coming back to Hood's protective detail. The title is from a line of Rachel's in Medea. Jacob has just told Rachel that if she wants a transfer he won't try to stop her. She looks at him and says "Welcome back Rachel" and goes on and gives the "jealous as hell" speech. I always hated that line - I just thought it didn't make sense in context. So I decided to put it in a better context and use it for the title of Rachel's returen.

It was important to me that Rachel be out for months, not weeks. I had my shoulder operated on last summer and believe me, it takes a long time to come back from something like that. Plus I figured, with her type of job and all, the FBI wouldn't let her back on a protective detail until she was completely 100% recovered. And that would take some time.

I also wanted to use the idea tht Jacob would put up with a lot from his temporary handler. One becasue he wouldn't want to worry Rachel and also becasue, as I've said before, I'm sure he knew that it would give rise to gossip if his parade of handlers started all over again.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/8233298/1/W ... ack_Rachel
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 30 Jun 2012, 13:18

Just back from vaca. Loved it Joyce!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby keschaefer » 19 Jul 2012, 19:19

I found this Site from cruising fanfic. net for new fiction for one of my favorite shows... and low and behold, there are new posts! Super excited! Had to go back and read absolutely everything, it was awesome and terrible simultaneously (terrible only because I should have been sleeping). Thank you for keeping this great show alive and your great work!
keschaefer
Preschooler

Postby kygal » 21 Jul 2012, 06:00

Hi Keschaefer and welcome. We love that Joyce and others keep the show alive with their wonderful fanfics. She is very talented and has the characters down.
kygal
Middle Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to Fanworks