Random Stuff With No Real Topic

Anything unrelated to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Random Stuff With No Real Topic

Postby luvinx » 16 Jun 2011, 08:27

Have fun! I have just been getting things done around the house and swimming whenever the weather permits, which has been interesting this year. :?
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 16 Jun 2011, 11:52

Susan, lucky girl! Getting to go to the beach! Where are you going? SC? My hubby has been talking about our going to Key West for our daughter's birthday in August - it's one place we all want to see.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 16 Jun 2011, 16:42

Joyce, you must go to Key West!

Going to Litchfield Beach SC for 1.5 weeks. Cant wait! Its a quiet place but close enough to all sorts of fun. I usually just veg out on the beach!

Where is Sarah?
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 04 Jul 2011, 20:47

....working......

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 05 Oct 2011, 04:26

Mondays episode of Castle was about cryonic preservation. They had "frozen heads". Reminded me of Frozen. Reminded me that EH was cutting edge on a few topics!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 06 Oct 2011, 11:49

EH was on the cutting edge of a LOT of topics. BUT - on to why I no longer watch network TV - the new ABC show the Playboy Club has already been canceled. OK yes, it was a sucky idea for a tv show but honestly - you spend all that money developing a show and then cancel it after one airing???
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 06 Oct 2011, 21:51

I think it lasted three episodes?

I've gotten so jaded (no play on my name intended) that I don't pick up new scripted shows in their first season. There's a couple that have looked interesting - Terra Nova is one that comes to mind - but if it survives to the end of the season, I'll watch it online. I don't have the energy to pick up starter series any more.

Sadly, Playboy Club is one I might have tried out.

But yes, I spent the entire episode of Castle thinking 'This has been done, this has been done...'

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 07 Oct 2011, 04:46

I think Terra Nova is already in trouble. Have heard about 8-9 mill viewers and very expensive to make.

I think we all feel the same about getting "involved" with network tv.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 07 Oct 2011, 20:52

Yep. I think I am pretty much just watching Syfy. And some TV Land. :P
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 07 Oct 2011, 23:10

I'm watching.... Glee, Castle, and X-Factor. That's all. And I'm not paying attention to Glee when I watch it.

Still debating whether I'll pick Bones back up or not when it returns next month. It's gone so far downhill and the whole season is going to be 'whoopee pregnant jokes!' which, really, not my cup of tea.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 09 Oct 2011, 06:14

TV Land...I love it. Enjoy those old shows. I watch some Castle, but not every week. I do like Modern Family, its just silly fun. We have every channel available on cable...I think. Stupid because we really dont watch all of them. But I can usually flip and find somthing I like. My hubby likes having multiple ESPN channels! He teases me that I watch to much of the man-hater channel...Lifetime or LMN. Silly movies but I usually cant look away!

Never got started on Bones or Glee. My mom enjoys Glee. I did enjoy The Killing on AMC and The Glades on A&E so I am looking forward to them again.

I have mentioned I am not much of a reader, but my mom got me started on the J D Robb "In Death" books. I am on a mission to read all 30 or so of them. I guess I have been reading more than watching lately!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 10 Oct 2011, 10:13

Reading is wonderful. A blessing in disguise from having the quality of TV nosedive.

I watch the old shows. I am currently in a goofy mood, so I am watching reruns of The Nanny right now. I also watch Modern Family for mindless fun. I just finished Warehouse 13 and Alphas, both favorites. I think Hot in Cleveland comes back in November which I love since I am a sucker for Betty White. Hmmm, what else. Just scary movies for me now I guess. Love those!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 11 Oct 2011, 06:30

The only thing I watch network wise is Bones - and like Sarah, I'm thinking of giving it up - for me it jumped the shark with that stupid dream episode after Booth's brain surgery. To me, the "dream espisode" is a sure sign of the creative death of the writers. Sorry, but the ONLY show that did the dream thing well was the finale of Newhart. That was pure genius.

We have DirectTv and so we have more channels than you can shake a stick at. My hubby, like Mr. Kygal, loves the multiple ESPNs, the Sunday Tacket for football, and the baseball packages. I watch approximately 2 channels regularly.- USA and TNT. Oh - and I do like Glades on A&E. I find that cable shows are more better than what shows up on the network and the cable companies give the shows a chance to grow an audience. Again, like Sarah I don't want to become invested in a series just to have it cancelled on me.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 15 Oct 2011, 17:07

Hope no one here was watching the new Charlie's Angels - the cancellation was just announced, after only four episodes.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 16 Oct 2011, 06:58

Geez....I wasnt watching CA but they have been quick to cancel some shows. Hate to say that CBS seems to have some new shows doing well in the ratings...not that that makes you safe.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 16 Oct 2011, 11:52

CBS *grumble,grumble*
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 23 Oct 2011, 16:02

What is it about the networks??? All that money and such a death of creativity. I was watching NCIS on USA today and there were ads for this new "fairy tale" show. But I was a little confused cause the tagline said - premiers this week on NBC. And I was thinking, odd, thought the last commercial I saw for this show said it was on ABC. Next commercial break - yes! You guessed it!

Premiring next week are not one, but two, yes, two shows based on fairy tales. Something called Grim on NBC and something called Storybook on ABC. Dear God in heaven and they wonder why they are bleeding audiences?
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 Oct 2011, 21:16

*sighs* I just used the phrase 'an eyeroll headache waiting to happen' in reference to the Lanie/Esposito relationship on Castle.

It's not a surprise to anyone here that I like slash pairings, I think? And quite honestly, the relationship between Lanie and Espo seemed to have 'developed' as a knee-jerk reaction to Ryan's engagement, with little to no background and even less chemistry. The actors are brilliant - the idea was terrible.

I am (not-so) secretly pulling for Ryan and Esposito to go a little beyond brotherhood on the series. And if the amount of trolling that Seamus and Jon get up to on Twitter is any indication, they'd be perfectly all right with that.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 05 Mar 2012, 05:46

From terrible tornados on Fri 3-2 to 5 inches on snow this am 3-5. Crazy weather! Hope everyone is safe!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 29 Mar 2012, 07:15

Whats everyone been up to?
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 29 Mar 2012, 14:10

Much the same as ever. Mostly work, although I was unceremoniously ordered on a mental health day today, for no particular reason. Been watching Looney Tunes all afternoon, :D

You?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 31 Mar 2012, 07:15

Yeah, I have been working mostly. Have had that GI bug. I do have some very sad news. My Dad passed away over a week ago. He was elderly with many health problems. He had a long and happy life. It was expected but unexpected so to speak. We are very sad but doing ok. My best friend lost her father 3 weeks before my dad. I think I am ready for some happy fun!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 01 Apr 2012, 14:46

I am so sorry. The loss of a parent is devastating. My thoughts and prayers are already on their way to you.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 02 Apr 2012, 04:09

Thank you. It has been difficult.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 03 Apr 2012, 04:09

Congrats to my U of K Wildcats. NCAA basketball National Champs!
kygal
Middle Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion