Warehouse 13

Anything unrelated to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Warehouse 13

Postby ObsidianJade » 22 Sep 2009, 21:28

Season finale = WOW. Holy effing crap.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 22 Sep 2009, 22:27

Really? Awesome!!!! I cannot wait to watch it! Bedtime now though. :(

*so excited* Image

EDIT: Watched it and Loved it! :D

Loved to see Artie's right hand in his pocket in his "last" scene!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 23 Sep 2009, 21:01

Yeah, what's the betting on the contents of his pocket?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 24 Sep 2009, 08:48

ObsidianJade wrote:Yeah, what's the betting on the contents of his pocket?

He he. No bet here. :lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 Sep 2009, 14:25

Well, it wouldn't be the Phoenix, for two reasons, one being that I don't know that he recovered it, and two being that with Pete and Myka in close proximity, he wouldn't have risked using it in case their lives were called as trade for it's protection. So it has to be something else.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 24 Sep 2009, 14:48

Hmmm. It could be anything really, as we are being introduced to new artifacts and their abilities every week.

As for the Phoenix, I wouldn't rule it out totally. Artie could have re-acquired it at any time once they "captured" McPherson and, at that time, Pete and Myka may have touched it. You know Pete would have wanted to! :lol:

No matter what, I want Artie back so it had better be something. Do we know when this show comes back, anyhow?
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 Sep 2009, 19:29

Nikki would know, but she appears to have vanished from the face of the Earth. I'll take a look when I get a chance.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 24 Sep 2009, 20:02

Oh, no biggie. I just asked in case you knew offhand. I am just excited to be watching a new show that actually comes back! :P
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 Sep 2009, 20:18

Waded through SciFi's WH13 boards and found a couple of links slating S2 for summer 2010, just thirteen eps, but what the heck. Like you said, at least it's coming back....

http://www.poptower.com/news/7284/wareh ... -order.htm

http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/08/20/a-sec ... xt-summer/

Really kinda pisses me off... EH had almost four times the viewership. And they're calling WH13 a smash hit? I know things are different for summer series and for cable, but still, ye gods, people...

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 25 Sep 2009, 09:01

Thanks, Sarah! :D

So we have to wait until next summer? Okay, I guess, like you said, we should just be happy it is renewed.

Pisses me off too. This is all just such a rip. I just did a whole rant in another thread, so I will shut up now.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 25 Sep 2009, 09:39

R Relieve

A Anxiety

N ‘n’

T Tension

Ranting is good for your health!!! By all means, rant away - most of us will probably agree with you!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 01 Oct 2009, 21:29

ObsidianJade wrote:Really kinda pisses me off... EH had almost four times the viewership. And they're calling WH13 a smash hit? I know things are different for summer series and for cable, but still, ye gods, people...

I guess that is because cable networks are happy somebody is watching and they adore their audience. Something CBS doesn't do.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 02 Oct 2009, 17:11

Wonder how CBasS could learn that particular lesson?

(trails off into imaginations involving very wicked use of a garden hose, a set of bamboo skewers, and a collection of banana peels)

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 10 Oct 2009, 14:16

Whoo finally caught up on this show!

imho, it would be bad writing if Artie uses anything BUT the Phoenix or any other previously seen artifact to save himself. Deus ex machina = totally uncool.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 10 Oct 2009, 15:43

Nikki, deus ex machina is the foundation of the entire friggin' show.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 10 Oct 2009, 16:08

I have a million theories, but who the hell knows? :P

I do have this weird feeling that time may be involved. Which could be a good thing....or a very BAD thing. We shall see.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 10 Oct 2009, 17:17

Not really... they tend to introduce items and THEN use them not pull them out of nowhere. Any that do come out of nowhere certainly aren't as powerful as an artifact that makes you immortal.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 10 Oct 2009, 17:42

Actually, I like the time travel idea... that could be fun...

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 10 Oct 2009, 17:51

Time travelling would make acquiring artefacts much easier. Whoop, it was made on THIS date? TIME TRAVEL!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 10 Oct 2009, 19:12

ObsidianJade wrote:Actually, I like the time travel idea... that could be fun...

If they do it right. I can't get the crazy scene out of my head that Pete and Myka are sobbing over Artie and he shows up behind them. :lol:
æthre wrote:Time travelling would make acquiring artefacts much easier. Whoop, it was made on THIS date? TIME TRAVEL!

Niiiice!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 10 Oct 2009, 19:14

Hmm, but that would make things waaaay too easy. Not to mention that I'm sure any number of the artifacts have had significant historical impact - Poe's pen, for example - and removing them from the timestream could create dangerous gaps and/or temporal paradoxes. (Is that the correct plural? I can never remember.) So it would have to be either of very limited scope or used in only the most extreme of circumstances.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 10 Oct 2009, 19:36

Yes, paradoxes would be a problem... a huge, insurmountable problem. Unless you employ the theory that any change you make to the timeline just causes a new one to be made. Ummm, like Mobius or Continuum in SG-1.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 11 Oct 2009, 10:48

I do believe in the infinite universe theory - it's actually something I'm incorporating into my novels, in a very minor fashion - but simply creating offshoot universes doesn't solve the issue that going back in time may undo critical events - like Pete or Myka even being born, Claudia's brother getting trapped and causing her to hunt down Artie, yadda yadda, and thus creating a paradox in which a later critical element is removed by virtue of attempting to prevent an earlier incident.

Ugh. I sympathize with Janeway. Time travel gives me a headache.

'I look forward to it. Or, should I say, I look backwards?'

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 11 Oct 2009, 13:38

ObsidianJade wrote:Ugh. I sympathize with Janeway. Time travel gives me a headache.

:lol:
Man, I loved her! Chakotay really blew it!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 11 Oct 2009, 15:51

I'm more like Seven in that the end of that one episode where her and Janeway eventually end up saving Voyager from 'sploding and then Janeway was all 'bah TIME TRAVEL' and Seven was all 'time to explain now!' and then get shut down.

I get shut down a lot when I try to explain things.

Also, thank GOD for Chakotay screwing up his almost relationship with Janeway >:3

The thing is, with infinite universes, you go back and change the past and a new timeline is formed, right? So your old timeline, which you belong to, doesn't change. But you are now in the NEW timeline and, for your purposes, you solved your old timeline issues. However, it's rather like a suicide mission in that you prime cannot go back to the future because the new you already exists there and won't have to go back in time because this is an entirely different timeline with entirely different results.

ie, in Mobius, Daniel determines that a ZPM was on Earth back when Ra was ruling it. So they take the timeship back four or six thousand years (can't remember which) to go steal the ZPM (something that Sam eventually agrees with because the goa'uld don't use ZPMs and there's no evidence of it on Earth at the present time).

So they go back in time, steal the ZPM and... have their ship captured and thus can no longer go forward in time with their ZPM. So a new timeline is formed and Sam was all 'oh hell no!' and they record a message to their futureselves informing them that if the future isn't how it should be, go back and fix it kthxbai.

In the new timeline, Jack and Teal'c get sick of not fighting the goa'uld and start up the rebellion that kicked Ra off of Earth a bazillion years ago. Buuut that was premature and then Jack, Sam and Teal'c all get killed and Ra DOES leave Earth... but takes the Stargate with him.

So in the new timeline, the one without the Stargate, Sam isn't a kickass scientist/soldier - instead, she's rather shy and meek and wears awful clothing. Daniel, since his pyramids as a landing site for aliens theory wasn't proved, ends up teaching English to immigrants. Jack, for some reason, doesn't commit suicide and is a boat captain who spends his days fishing. Teal'c is still in the service of Apophis.

All of this simply because there Is No Stargate In Egypt.

Long story short? No paradox. Just a new timeline.

However, also in Stargate, there were earlier episodes in which there ARE paradoxes. In 1969, SG-1 accidentally gets sent back to 1969 because of a solar flare... but, before that, General Hammond gives Sam a note that says when solar flares in 1969 are going to happen so they can get back to... 98?... because they encountered him in 1969 and told him what was up. Then there's also the 2010 and 2001 episodes.

Conclusion? Janus' timeship fixed the paradox problem by using the parallel timeline thing but the Stargate doesn't have that safety protocol.

tl;dr and away!
-Nikki
æthre
President

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion