Warehouse 13

Anything unrelated to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Warehouse 13

Postby ObsidianJade » 13 Oct 2009, 11:47

I'm a JCer, dammit. And Seven is the Mary-Sue Bitch from Hell.

And I will reread that explanation again sometime when I'm awake. Last night was... long. Very long, in fact, and went well into this morning.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 13 Oct 2009, 12:07

ObsidianJade wrote:I'm a JCer, dammit. And Seven is the Mary-Sue Bitch from Hell.

:lol: OMG, I am laughing my ass off. Same here! After the episode "Resolutions", I couldn't turn away.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 13 Oct 2009, 20:39

/me wrinkles nose

Uggghhh Chakotay = plank. And clearly Janeway agrees - she was more interested in that monkey than him.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 14 Oct 2009, 07:42

Omigod.... now I have to link you to that old story of YCD's. Remind me to do that when I get home and actually have time to do that.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 14 Oct 2009, 10:27

ObsidianJade wrote:Omigod.... now I have to link you to that old story of YCD's.

What did I miss? I never read fanfiction back then. Did I miss something good? Can you link me too? :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 14 Oct 2009, 15:26

Of course! It's here: http://www.loveboatfanfic.com/fanfic/ycd/spanking.htm.

Please keep in mind this story is adults-only! The rest of YCD's stuff (this is the family-friendly page, the link to the adult's page is at the bottom) is here - http://www.loveboatfanfic.com/fanfic/ycd.htm

She's an amazing author, and you have the added bonus of DRush's incomparable fanart. Enjoy!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 15 Oct 2009, 17:31

Huh, Delta Quadrant of Venus is also the name of one of the best J/7 sites.

And apparently I didn't hit tab tab enter last afternoon.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 17 Oct 2009, 10:49

æthre wrote:Huh, Delta Quadrant of Venus is also the name of one of the best J/7 sites.

I rather doubt that was what D had in mind when it was titled.... but here, Nikki, you at least will appreciate this one: http://www.loveboatfanfic.com/fanfic/drush/j7.htm

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 17 Oct 2009, 14:50

*coughs*

The last three sections (Sanctuary&Sarah Jane (though I haven't seen Sarah Jane stuff yet), SG-1 and Voy) are the win section.

Yes, I am a rabid Sam/Jack shipper but I will read Sam/Janet as well. Proooobably because I've got that massive girlcrush on Amanda Tapping. And Janet is adorable. And they're so fun together - puff and ruffle! The southern accents!

Okay, I'll stop with the referencing behind-the-scenes SG-1 stuff.

As for my shipping in Sanctuary... well, Helen/John. Duh. I mean, they have somehow managed to surpass the boatloads of angst that Sam and Jack had... and they did that in one season. I mean, c'mon, Helen being engaged to Jack the Ripper (well, he wasn't always Jack-the-Ripper-y) back in 1888 and then carrying his child to term nearly 100 years later only to have him come back into Helen's life when said child is 23 and then he's been electroshock therapy'd by NIKOLA TESLA into sanity and still loves Helen and regrets everything he has done and would, and does, ANYTHING for Helen? And don't forget the part where Helen still loves him as well!? So much delicious angsty ship!

Oh god, now I have crazy visions of Sam/Todd. Ugh this is what happens when I start paying attention to actors!!

The concept of Jack watching Sanctuary and finding Helen hot is awesomesauce, though. And it is entirely possible - Star Trek and Star Wars both exist in the gateverse.

ahmigod I'm still on a Sanctuary high from last night's unbelievably AWESOME episode.

I'm pretty sure some of the images are NSFW... at least, you'd have a hard time explaining why you're on a lesbian multi fandom fic archive.

Yes, I did have to put that warning at the very end.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 17 Oct 2009, 15:52

I still have a hard time understanding why yaoi is more or less 'accepted', in the otaku circles at least, but everyone freaks out over yuri pairings. I have nothing against yuri, but I like my yaoi much better. On a Bleach kick at the moment and reading all the Bya/Ren I can find.

And out of the images on that page, the only ones I recognize are J/7 (which would SO never happen), Xena/Gabrielle, (everyone knows they were together anyway) and Buffy/Willow (again, SO never happen b/c Buffy was too busy screwing Spike when Willow realized she was gay and totally freaked out when Willow told her). Who's the one that looks like Beckett on the upper right?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 17 Oct 2009, 16:51

Oh, that's easy. It's because fandom is currently skewed heavily female - it is perfectly straight to think two guys getting it on is hot and, thus, the opposite holds true for two women getting it on. *shrugs* I skim sex scenes anyway and have always shipped based off of the characters more than canon... and I find that the characters in slash fic tend to be more feminine than their canon counterparts anyway. With femslash the characters seem to have a greater probability of staying true to canon.

Also, continuing on with the male/female ratio in fandom, straight women have a tendency of writing idealised and totally ridiculous/uniformed relationships between two men (the converse is true for straight men writing relationships between two women... see the Kim/Shego section on FF.Net. For some reason, the KP fandom (at least the Kigo subsection) tends to skew male). However, gay women are damned good at writing to women, who are often straight in canon, in a relationship.

That's not to say that there's no good slash out there... it is just saying that the crap to noncrap ratio favours femslash. And I do ship some slash - McKay/Beckett for example.

As for J/7... Seven went on her gotta-find-a-boyfriend kick because Janeway makes a comment about finding love (or something to that effect)... complete with a leer and a sultry voice. AND they were standing unnecessarily close together. Sadly, that scene is occasionally cut for time when they air the show. Such a hilarious scene!

Also, Janeway likes staring at Seven's boobs.

Also, the J/7 fanfic is crazy good and there is a shit ton of it. I think one person has written a million words of J/7 fic... all in the same series. O.o Actually, it may be more than a million. Maybe two million?

As for the girl-who-looks-like-Beckett... which fandom are you talking about? If it is in the new section, that's for Guiding Light which had a canon lesbian couple... then got canned.

For some reason, I can't stop talking.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 17 Oct 2009, 17:12

Janeway is too short to avoid staring at 7's boobs. It would help if tMSBfH wasn't padding her bra with coconuts.

And girl-who-looks-like-Beckett is the third from the right on the top of the Pink Rabbit page you linked in.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 17 Oct 2009, 17:42

You mean on the top bar thing? You'll have to go from the left - my res is WAY higher than yours so I see more pictures, XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 17 Oct 2009, 19:41

Nikki, honestly. How many women are on the bar that look like Beckett?!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 17 Oct 2009, 21:20

I don't think any of them do!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Previous

Return to General Discussion