Warehouse 13

Anything unrelated to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Warehouse 13

Postby æthre » 07 Jul 2009, 21:29

Anybody seen it yet? I'm assuming that the Americans who want to see the show have since it's already aired in whatever timezone Texas is in. I, on the other hand, am compulsively refreshing way more torrent sites than I'd care to admit in an attempt to find a torrent for it.

Heard it was kinda boring, though. But, hey, pilot. Apparently the commercials for SGU are looking good, on the other hand!

*refreshrefreshrefresh*
-Nikki
æthre
President

Re: Warehouse 13

Postby onepercentclub » 07 Jul 2009, 21:30

I want to watch this too!!! And I'm waiting for that website to post it so I can 'see' it.

Hope it's good!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 07 Jul 2009, 21:32

Thus so far, nobody has posted anything... which is ridiculous, it should be up by now! Goddammit scifi nerds do your thing!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 07 Jul 2009, 21:33

Oh, maybe it is because the pilot is 2 hours long? Maybe it isn't over yet...
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 07 Jul 2009, 21:40

Is the pilot two hours long? If so, it shoulda been done 40 minutes ago (in Texas). I've seen torrents get up in 40 minutes after a show ended...
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 07 Jul 2009, 21:42

Yep, that's what TV.com said. And you're right, it should've been up by now... I'm still waiting.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 07 Jul 2009, 21:50

Aggghhh aggravating!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 07 Jul 2009, 21:55

I want to watch it!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 07 Jul 2009, 21:59

So do I! But, by the time it gets posted and downloaded, I won't be able to watch it until tomorrow anyway... *sulks and continues to refresh the torrent pages anyway*
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 07 Jul 2009, 22:03

Yeah, me too... :cry: And it will take a while to download it... Maybe I can do it from work...
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 07 Jul 2009, 22:05

Posted on mininova! Gogogogogogo!

Only one seed right now, though since it was JUST posted. I suppose I'll seed for the evenin' so, if anyone torrents, grab mininova's eztv version of it :3

EDIT: EFF! Don't bother - it's a 351 meg .wmv. Impossible for a 1.5 hr show - the .avi should be 699 megs or so and, well, .wmv is moar massive. Ah well, I guess I'll torrent until it's done just to see what the quality is like... crap, obv.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 07 Jul 2009, 22:10

I don't, damn it!!! Nah... Watching Bones right now... I'll wait until tomorrow. Let me know if you liked it? :)
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 07 Jul 2009, 22:12

Not that it matters - the torrent is clearly a lie T.T

EDIT: There. NOW it's up - on tbp (erm, the pirate bay). And it's gotta be it - the filesize is right and the formatting of the filename is familiar.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 10 Jul 2009, 17:01

So? Was it good? I have it on my computer but haven't had the time to watch.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 10 Jul 2009, 18:03

Somewhere between brilliant and bad. Y'know, like all pilots, XD I like the characters, though, and that's all that really matters in a show to me.

Pete is obviously modeled off of Booth buuuut they took the annoying Booth habits out of him (ie, the alpha male/protective tendencies) and left the fun, intuitive parts. Myka is a bit like Rachel in that she's very much a driven career woman who slightly resents her latest 'dead end' assignment in the beginning. The mad scientist character is pretty hilarious and cryptic (as all mad scientists need to be) and the mysterious head honcho lady is apparently immortal, which is cool.

All and all the characters are rather likable and the actors do a pretty good job for a pilot! But, man, it's the stuff like the steampunk-esque keyboard and the purple nitrile gloves that guarantees that I'll continue watching the show.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 10 Jul 2009, 21:02

Hmmmm. I may need to watch this at some point. Keep posting, guys, and let me know if it keeps getting better.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 11 Jul 2009, 09:14

I did notice the keyboard, Nikki. And the little fold-up video communicators are pretty darn cool, too. It's a fun show, a little slow to get started - or maybe that was just my brain last night? - but I'll hang on for a few more eps and see if I start to totally love it. Right now, it's just okay for me, but the indicators point to it getting better. I'll try to catch the pilot ep again, because I'm sure I missed something last night, given that I was falling asleep through the last half of it (through no fault of the show).

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 11 Jul 2009, 10:54

Yeah, it was pretty slow to start up and it really does need to pick up the pace a bit. But, hey, that's sci-fi for you, really. Sanctuary was a bit like that too and it had the annoying male lead. But, well, it's Amanda Tapping's show and I had to watch it. Got good after the male lead stopped being an idiot.

But, hey, how can I not love Sanctuary - it has Jack the Ripper, Nikola Tesla and James Watson as recurring/almost-main characters.

That was off topic. But sorta not really since Roy and I were discussing how Warehouse 13 is like Sanctuary with things instead of monsters. But more mainstream since Sanctuary is way more goth-y and sci-fi/fantasy-y.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 11 Jul 2009, 11:10

Thank you girls! I'm looking forward to watching it tonight :P
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 11 Jul 2009, 23:25

I have to say I really enjoyed the pilot. It was fun. The couple has chemistry, I loved their banter, their talks and this guy Artie was hilarious.

Looking forward to watch next week.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 16 Jul 2009, 15:11

Okay, guys....so my Mom comes to me and said that she watched this show On Demand and she thinks that I would really like it. I initially said "sure fine whatever" and forgot. (Yea, had to get that in here again, :lol: ) Anyhow, she came to me again and asked me to watch it. Well, lo and behold, it is this show....and I love it!

Artie (Saul Rubinek) is amazing, and I have loved him in everything he has ever been in. For any other Trek fans out there, remember he was the one who "acquired" Data for this collection? Great character actor. Had I known he was in it, I wouldn't even had hesitated.

Great banter, and it looks like all our characters are deeply disturbed by something in their past....great!! Complex, tortured folks make wonderful TV. :lol:

So, I know I am a tad late to this party, but I am in. I like Mental, but I think I may really get into this. Might be like the XF in a way, only in terms of meeting that need inside me that hasn't been met since XF was on.

And I just love how Pete was not gonna go into that Warehouse....until Artie offered cookies! :lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 16 Jul 2009, 16:45

Yeah, the cookies scene was so cute - that sorta behaviour is why I like Pete, XD And I like Myka cuz she's totally the opposite. It's amusing!

But, seriously, if you guys like this show, you should totally also check out Sanctuary. It's sorta a darker version of Warehouse 13 with monsters instead of items. The character relations are totally different, though, but it's all worth it just for Helen Magnus and the rest of the Five.

Ultimate reason why one should watch Sanctuary? There's a vampire in it and he's probably one of my favourite characters. And I hate vampires. Also... Jack the Ripper is a very important character in the show!

The first few episodes are kinda meh, though... and I found that I had to block out the male lead cuz he was really annoying for the first little while, but he does get a lot better as the series progresses. 'sides, he's not the main character. Magnus is.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 16 Jul 2009, 18:56

æthre wrote:But, seriously, if you guys like this show, you should totally also check out Sanctuary.

I will. Only, I may have to wait until the winter, as my son wants to be outside 24/7, and watching TV is very difficult right now. :lol:

It is going into its second season in the Fall, right?
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 16 Jul 2009, 19:51

Yes, it is. Oct. 9th. Buuuut that would be a VERY bad place to start cuz season one ended on a cliffhanger and that the premier will be part three of a four part episode. Yeah. Aaaand that'd be why I love the show - while I can barely watch movies, I'm perfectly content to sit and watch a million hours of tv in one sitting. I dunno how that works either.

On that note... I just watched The Incredible Hulk (erm, the version-from-last-year) solely for the Tony Stark cameo... I woulda skipped right to it but then I realised that it was Edward Norton so I watched the rest of the movie. Sooo, yeaaah, I just watched an hour and forty five minute movie just for the sole purpose of watching Robert Downey Jr walk into a bar and be hot. Yeah.

Was worth it.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 16 Jul 2009, 20:30

And you call me insane....

You're right, of course, but obviously the nutso gene clones true.

On topic (gasp!!), loved the time-stop camera. Seeing Artie working (or attempting to work) with P&M's old director was hilarious.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Next

Return to General Discussion