(Different/Medium) Series going to another channel

Anything unrelated to Eleventh Hour goes here.

(Different/Medium) Series going to another channel

Postby jrzgrl11 » 22 May 2009, 19:20

There was a very interesting article in the 5/21 issue of the NY Times entitled "Series Swap Highlights TV's Financial Issues". It talks about why Medium is switching to CBS from NBC next year and why ABC is renewing Scrubs despite its low ratings. Very illuminating and possibly encouraging.If its creators are still strong on it perhaps they can be persuaded to try and market it to another network.

Edit (Nikki/aethre): Aaaand here's the article!
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Re: Series going to another channel

Postby æthre » 22 May 2009, 20:25

Yeah, hopefully! Though, with Medium, it's cuz CBS owns the show anyway...

Ah well, they had to have bought it off of BBC or whomever in the first place! EH must live on!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby xFrEAKk » 24 May 2009, 09:01

That is a little glow of hope. :)
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby ? » 24 May 2009, 18:14

It is not unheard of for a show to switch networks or channels. One good example that I can think of is Sliders. That show started out on Fox, but was ultimately sold to SciFi after the second season. Although that deal happened in a much different television landscape and time period, I have great hope that a somewhat similar transition can take place for EH.

Channel swapping can be a double edged sword if everything is not factored in. As long as the main original creative forces remain in place, and they are given a decent budget to work with, the show can avoid much of the nastier side in channel swapping. Aside from that, there are actually a lot of benefits for shows that have moved to another network in recent times. That is why I have a very positive feeling regarding EH's potential move.
"?"
?
Kindergartener

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 18:35

SG-1 switched from Showtime to SCI FI in it's... fifth? season, iirc. And then it proceeded to be 'canceled' just about every season. XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ? » 24 May 2009, 19:13

aethre wrote:SG-1 switched from Showtime to SCI FI in it's... fifth? season, iirc.

I am fairly certain that SG-1 switched over to SciFi in fifth season. ... I just checked wikipedia, seasons 6-10 are listed as SciFi. I never did watch the SG-1. I like both MacGyver and the Stargate movie, but I never did get around to watching the show. I suppose the other two Stargate spin-offs mean something in the tiny world of channel swapping. SciFi also picked up the reruns for the Showtime series Dead Like Me. Fans tried for years to get new episodes for Dead Like Me, and in the process they successfully got a new movie with the strong potential for a new season. The only reason that I brought this fact up is because CBS owns Showtime.
"?"
?
Kindergartener

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 19:20

I didn't know CBS owned Showtime. Is there anything they don't own?
Should we send them our letters too? They definitely know the potencial of EH if they're owned by CBS.
Well, them and like more than 13 million people including fans and networks.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 19:26

Really? Wow, my epic nerdery wins again I guess, XD I have even more SG-1 Showtime trivia but, well, nobody really cares, XD

As for me and Stargate... well, I suppose it's pretty obvious that I'm just sliiiightly in love with the show. Just slightly.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 24 May 2009, 19:53

onepercentclub wrote:I didn't know CBS owned Showtime. Is there anything they don't own?
Should we send them our letters too? They definitely know the potencial of EH if they're owned by CBS.
Well, them and like more than 13 million people including fans and networks.

Should we send our letters/emails to Showtime and HBO? If you guys want to, we can get the contact info and I can add it to the first page.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 20:10

Yes! Every network we can!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby JCNYC1979 » 11 Jun 2009, 09:52

How can we the fans get another network to consider picking up E.H.? I sent an e-mail to a ABC exec and it was returned as unable to deliver. Anyone know an e-mail that works? Thanks. If ABC is smart they will pick up this excellent series with the entire cast. Does anyone know if the actors have move on to other roles?
Conscience keeps more people awake than coffee.
JCNYC1979
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 11 Jun 2009, 10:01

JCNYC1979 wrote:How can we the fans get another network to consider picking up E.H.? I sent an e-mail to a ABC exec and it was returned as unable to deliver. Anyone know an e-mail that works? Thanks. If ABC is smart they will pick up this excellent series with the entire cast. Does anyone know if the actors have move on to other roles?

I sent you a PM about the contacts.

As for the actors, RS is doing a mini-series, starting to film this month. Which is what we expected. If we are able to do this, it will take time. It will be good for him to do other things in the meantime. MS is expecting in August, I believe, so I am sure she is just laying low for the time being. Not sure about OBM.

How can we get another network to pick up EH? I can't give you a definite answer to that, as this is a first for me. All I know is that I want to try. And as I said before, the odds may not be high, but they would be a lot worse if we were not to try at all. We are getting noticed, and that is the first battle in this Campaign. We are making these networks see the demand. And that is truly important.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby JCNYC1979 » 11 Jun 2009, 10:07

luvinx wrote:
JCNYC1979 wrote:How can we the fans get another network to consider picking up E.H.? I sent an e-mail to a ABC exec and it was returned as unable to deliver. Anyone know an e-mail that works? Thanks. If ABC is smart they will pick up this excellent series with the entire cast. Does anyone know if the actors have move on to other roles?

I sent you a PM about the contacts.

As for the actors, RS is doing a mini-series, starting to film this month. Which is what we expected. If we are able to do this, it will take time. It will be good for him to do other things in the meantime. MS is expecting in August, I believe, so I am sure she is just laying low for the time being. Not sure about OBM.

How can we get another network to pick up EH? I can't give you a definite answer to that, as this is a first for me. All I know is that I want to try. And as I said before, the odds may not be high, but they would be a lot worse if we were not to try at all. We are getting noticed, and that is the first battle in this Campaign. We are making these networks see the demand. And that is truly important.

I agree completely. We try our best and hope it works.
JCNYC1979
Preschooler

Postby Famke » 11 Jun 2009, 11:30

Hello and WELCOME JCNYC1979!!!

I'm sure Kel already directed you to the contact calendar and such...come join us over at The Campaign where we are fighting for our show!!!

Resurrection Campaign: http://forum.planet-hood.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52&start=0

Contact Calendar: http://forum.planet-hood.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61&start=0
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby JCNYC1979 » 11 Jun 2009, 18:43

Famke wrote:Hello and WELCOME JCNYC1979!!!

I'm sure Kel already directed you to the contact calendar and such...come join us over at The Campaign where we are fighting for our show!!!

Resurrection Campaign: http://forum.planet-hood.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=52&start=0

Contact Calendar: http://forum.planet-hood.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=61&start=0

Thank you so much for the information and the links. And for the friendly welcome. By the way I am currently watching The Illusionist and Rufus was wonderful in that role. So different from Dr. Hood. What a great actor.
JCNYC1979
Preschooler

Postby ? » 06 Aug 2009, 02:07

In a press release CBS noted that several shows that NBC renewed had far fewer viewers than “Medium.” (Only six NBC series have more.)

It is interesting that CBS points out viewership numbers. :? It is obvious that not everyone at CBS was up to speed with viewer figures. :roll:
"?"
?
Kindergartener

Postby ObsidianJade » 06 Aug 2009, 08:51

CBasS wasn't up to speed on a lot of things, methinks.

Then again, even if they're aware of the numbers, how much attention are they paying to them?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 06 Aug 2009, 09:19

OMG, what a joke! Where do they get off? Look in the mirror, fucknuggets!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 06 Aug 2009, 13:35

luvinx wrote:OMG, what a joke! Where do they get off? Look in the mirror, fucknuggets!

Tactful as ever, my dear. :lol:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 06 Aug 2009, 14:14

ObsidianJade wrote:Tactful as ever, my dear. :lol:

Sorry, Image , caught me in a bad mood, too, I think. I need to work on that.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 06 Aug 2009, 14:30

Ugh, I don't want to know!
Damn CBS, now they're noticing?
They're complete jerks , indubitably.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 06 Aug 2009, 17:46

That was never a question - nearsighted, deaf and idiotic jerks would be closer to the truth.

Heh, maybe I'm not in such a great mood either?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 06 Aug 2009, 20:42

I haven't been in a good mood since May 20th...
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Re: (Different/Medium) Series going to another channel

Postby ObsidianJade » 07 Aug 2009, 20:05

Who changed the title, and why....?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Re: (Different/Medium) Series going to another channel

Postby onepercentclub » 07 Aug 2009, 22:01

Same here! :?:
onepercentclub