Fall

Anything unrelated to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Fall

Postby onepercentclub » 13 Oct 2010, 23:04

I agree with you guys. It never made sense. I still think there was something going on there.

You know, The Good Wife has much worse numbers than Eleventh Hour and it's still there. It was renewed prematurely and it hasn't been doing good in the last few weeks. 2.5 when EH had 2.7 or 2.8 must be like hell for CBS.

If EH had been given a different timeslot, let's say Friday, it would've been different.

But well, we all know there are some empty heads at CBS programming. Right guys?
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 14 Oct 2010, 06:26

I think all of us have guessed, suspected, or somehow known that EH had an enemy in the ranks from the start. The lack of advertising and frequent preemptions in the beginning were bad enough - but the lack of reruns, the treatment of the DVDs, even the fact that they waited until the last minute to contact SG to notify him of the nonrenewal - somebody has been trying to bury the show from the beginning.

The best guess I can come up with is that one of the episodes his too close to an uncomfortable truth for someone - a biomed company, the military, something, and they were fighting to hush the entire series up so that the issue did not receive excessive publicity, causing the public to think on the subject.

To me, someone simply not liking the show might have had the same overall result - the nonrenewal - but the series wouldn't simply disappear the way EH did. What happened to our series struck me less as simple dislike and more as an act of deliberate sabotage. And I sincerely wish that I'm just paranoid, because if I am and it's just a case of dislike, we actually stand a chance of shopping it out to another network.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 14 Oct 2010, 14:22

What I also never understood is why the show got 5 additional episodes. The original order was 13 episodes and then it got 5 more. Why would it get more episodes if the show was to be cancelled despite the ratings?

I guess we'll never know.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 15 Oct 2010, 04:39

The show certainly had the numbers and ratings to stay on. I did read it was the most expensive show to produce...but I do think they could have made some adjustments to ease the expense. I do think someone BIG had something against the show or someone invovled with it. CBS paid alot of money for the show and I dont think it lived up to their expectations so said person got mad and had it out for the show.CBS could have tried so many different things with the show, as already mentioned, so I blame them and their unrealistic expectations. What really makes me mad to this day is: I really liked the show, loved seeing RS every week, it was cancelled....and we dont know the real reason it was!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 18 Oct 2010, 16:51

Speaking of numbers... TV by the Numbers has a short, rather scathing article out on the fall's freshmen series....

http://tvbythenumbers.com/2010/10/18/no ... rage/68429

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 06 Sep 2011, 04:14

Always a little sad and angry when the fall shows are getting ready to start up again. Not really looking forward to any network shows this season. Still watching mostly cable and no CBS. We were so cheated!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 06 Sep 2011, 08:55

Nothng really grabs my attention either - from what I've read it looks like a lot of retreads. And yes, kygal, I'm with you - don't watch CBS anymore. I watch cable - A&E, TNT, and USA almost exclusively.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 06 Sep 2011, 17:27

Agreed! And I am a Syfy girl myself.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 04 Oct 2012, 04:24

Anyone watching any new shows this fall? I havent really bonded with anything yet.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 08 Oct 2012, 10:23

Nope. Not really. I think I have kinda given up. Definitely no network shows. What's the point?
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 08 Oct 2013, 04:21

I miss EH, especially this time of year when the new shows premier.....
kygal
Middle Schooler

Previous

Return to General Discussion