world equestrian games 2010

Anything unrelated to Eleventh Hour goes here.

world equestrian games 2010

Postby kygal » 26 Aug 2010, 16:21

So excited the WEG will be held in less than 30 days in my home town. Its the first time this event has been held outside of Europe. Cant wait for the world to visit us. I am going to 3 of the days and hope to enjoy some of the other festivities. I just hope we are ready. Some have been upset over the some of the prices. Seem to be higher than past events. Let me know if anyone is comming my way!

http://www.alltechfeigames.com/
kygal
Middle Schooler

Re: world equestrian games 2010

Postby kygal » 25 Sep 2010, 10:42

Hubby got some tickets from his work to go out to the horse park today and we did. Really was something! Reminds me of the Rolex on a much bigger scale. They were just ground passes and not for any event. Just lots of shopping. He did not take the hint about the boots I want...$500.00. Great news is that my other fantasy man (besides Rufus Sewell)...Bruce Springsteen is here for the entire 2 weeks renting a house...I bet he would buy me the boots. I will get them yet! Looking forward to attending Eventing next weekend.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 04 Oct 2010, 08:21

So, how was the eventing? Did you see Bruce? Did you get the boots?

Inquiring minds want to know.

JOyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby numbat » 04 Oct 2010, 08:46

Yeah, come on kygal, spill the beans!!!

I want to see the photos of you and Bruce in your new boots (you i mean, not him....)

Kxx
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby kygal » 04 Oct 2010, 09:49

Got the boots...knew I would...I am such a brat! Very disappointed I did not see Bruce...but my neck is hurting from looking for him! I think he must have spent his days in the Makers Mark tent for the rich and famous...for a rich and famous price! I did have a wonderful time but very tired from all the walking, talking and Bruce hunting I did. Did I mention I enjoyed the event as well ? I saw the 3 days of the Eventing competition (dressage, cross country and stadium jumping). The Brittish team won and a German fellow won the individual. USA team came in forth. We did manage to have 2 wonderful Aussies(Phillip Dutton and Boyd Martin) to convert to the US team...we need them Numbat ...you have such beautiful riders. Enjoyed speaking with people from all around the world and states. Oh....I did see William Shatner (Capt Kirk)...but that didnt do much for me!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 04 Oct 2010, 11:19

Ohhh, sweet, new boots! Sounds like you have a really fab time. I used to ride (long time ago) and I envy you the experience. I love the stadium jumping, never in a million years would have had the nerve to do something like that.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Return to General Discussion