Introduction Thread

Anything unrelated to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Introduction Thread

Postby onepercentclub » 01 May 2009, 16:22

What color are your socks right now? Not wearing any, but I have ones with Bart Simpson's face on them :)

What are you listening to right now? 'Need to be next to you' by Sara Evans.

What was the last thing that you ate? A chocolate bar (again Lu?)

Can you drive a stick shift? I can drive anything :D

Last person you spoke to on the phone ? My friend Claudia, she wants to borrow the book 'Eclipse' and play cards on Saturday night.

How old are you today? 28!!! Younger than yesterday...

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? Soccer and baseball, specially any Yankees game.

What is your favorite drink? Lemonade with club soda.

Have you ever dyed your hair? No, never.

Favorite food? Mexican and Italian (mole and lasagna!)

What is the last movie you watched? Two Weeks Notice, with Hugh Grant and Sandra Bullock.

Favorite day of the year? March 21, the first say of Spring!

How do you vent anger? Do you really want to know? I yell mostly, toads and snakes come out of my mouth.

What was your favorite toy as a child? Those Fisher Price little dolls, my siblings and I had a blast.

What is your favorite season? Summer!

Cherries or Blueberries? Cherries.

What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes.

What did you do last night? Chat with the girls! And then sleep.

What are you most afraid of? Spiders... and not having a job.

Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese!

What is your favorite kind of dog? Beagle all the way, like Snoppy!

Favorite day of the week? Thursdays, have no idea why... :D

How many states/provinces have you lived in? 2 Jalisco and Sinaloa.

Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds!!!

What your favorite flower? Mhh Lilies!

What is your favorite time of day? Afternoon.

Think this was a long enough questionnaire? Is it over now?
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby FinnMacOne » 22 May 2009, 13:09

Greetings all, I'm FinnMacOne. I am 40 and live in Ohio. Lately I have enjoyed giving CBS a hard time about the terrible looking shows they decided were better than EH. I have been saddened by any positive comments I see about their new shows and really worry about those people's tastes.
FinnMacOne
Preschooler

Postby onepercentclub » 22 May 2009, 15:59

Hello FinnMacOne and welcome to the forums!
It's so good to have you here. We have to make this work one way or another.

I also hate CBS right now. I can't believe they were never able to see the potencial of EH.

That's why I hope its new shows are terrible and the ratings go down the drain.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 14:24

I suppose I never really introduced myself so I will do the questionnaire thingy.

What color are your socks right now? I don't wear socks ever... or shoes for that matter. Only of I am jogging or working.

What are you listening to right now? Hans Zimmer- You're so Cool

What was the last thing that you ate? Penne pasta

Can you drive a stick shift? Yes, but badly. Though, I can drive a fork lift.

Last person you spoke to on the phone ? My older brother- he's my hero.

How old are you today? 31

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? I hate watching sports on T.V. unless it is the Olympics or equestrian events.

What is your favorite drink? Err....Hazelnut Italian soda.

Have you ever dyed your hair? Yep, it's been nearly every color imaginable, except blond, since I was 13.

Favorite food? A solid tie between chilled crab legs and melted butter or creme brulee.

What is the last movie you watched? Charles II: The Power and the Passion- I watch Rufus on a regular basis. ;)

Favorite day of the year? Hmm. Any day it snows heavily and gets really quiet.

How do you vent anger? A short, loud verbal outburst, then several moments of quiet brooding and sulking.

What was your favorite toy as a child? My Breyer horses

What is your favorite season? I love spring.

What is on the floor of your closet? Bags and bags of random stuff I keep meaning to donate to thrift stores.

What did you do last night? I went out to dinner and drinks with friends for my birthday! :D

What are you most afraid of? Anything happening to my child.

Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Gimme cheese.

What is your favorite kind of dog? My dog! She is half St.Bernard/ half German Shepard. A Gentle Giant. (Polly is the "man" of our house- I'm a single mom.)

Favorite day of the week? Well- it used to be THURSDAY.... *grumble*

How many states/provinces have you lived in? 4- Oregon, Washington, California & Hawaii.

Diamonds or pearls? Pearls.

What your favorite flower? This is almost impossible to answer because I'm a garden designer! My favorites though are poppies. Himalayan Blue Poppies.

What is your favorite time of day? Twilight

Think this was a long enough questionnaire? Finally!
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 14:33

Twilight! Awesome, I love it too.
And nice to see another 31 year-old here ;)

And by the way: HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 14:52

Nuuuu! I'm still the almost-youngest! Not faiiir - I'm not used to being the 'baby' on the internets anymore!

I'm 20, dammit, I'm supposed to be old for the interwebs.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 May 2009, 18:41

Not so much, Nikki. :D

And Famke, it's great to see another horse person on these boards!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby xFrEAKk » 26 May 2009, 19:42

aethre wrote:Nuuuu! I'm still the almost-youngest! Not faiiir - I'm not used to being the 'baby' on the internets anymore!

I'm 20, dammit, I'm supposed to be old for the interwebs.

"Almost youngest." *slams head on table* -_-"

And Famke, I think you're the only person who actually chose Pearls over Diamonds :lol:
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 26 May 2009, 19:43

Yeah... I think the rest of us are a bit attached to the sparklies...
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby wanderinmuse » 26 May 2009, 21:34

I'll introduce myself using your questionaire....... :D

What color are your socks right now? I'm not wearing sox but normally wear any that are comfortable while wearing my boots.

What are you listening to right now? Wishing it was the sound of silence but unfortunately the news is in the background.

What was the last thing that you ate? Baked potato with shrimp, broccoli and cheese, finished with fresh peaches.

Can you drive a stick shift? Heavens yes, I raise horses and need power!

Last person you spoke to on the phone ? My son, coming home from a fishing trip.

How old are you today? There are three things you never ask a lady....how old are you, how much do you weigh, and what is in your purse?

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? American Football

What is your favorite drink? Not just one...but I do drink Dr. Pepper, lime water, and tea.

Have you ever dyed your hair? Indeed.

Favorite food?Any fresh sea food, more than likely steamed with drawn butter.

What is the last movie you watched? It's been so long, I can't honestly remember.
Favorite day of the year? That's a tough one. I enjoy Halloween, but also like a crisp fall morning.

How do you vent anger? I don't normally get angry but when I need to rid myself of steam, I work the horses or clean the barn.

What was your favorite toy as a child? I didn't care for toys but preferred to venture around climbing trees and exploring.

What is your favorite season? It's a toss up between spring and fall. Spring brings about the fresh fruit and veggies that I miss during the winter.

What is on the floor of your closet? Two pair of boots, one pair of tennis shoes, and a pair of sandals along with a bag containing two books.

What did you do last night? Absolutely nothing! (for a rare change)

What are you most afraid of? Something happening to my son.

Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? The more cheese the better.

What is your favorite kind of dog? A Boxer of course! The jester of the canine world.

Favorite day of the week?Any day that turns out to be a great one.

How many states/provinces have you lived in? Kansas, Oklahoma, Colorado, Tennessee, California.

Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds (non-conflict)

What your favorite flower? Passion flowers and wild flowers native to our area.

What is your favorite time of day? Dawn, just before everything begins to wake.

Think this was a long enough questionnaire? It was sufficient.

I am very disappointed that EH was not picked up for next season. CBS has no idea what quality programing is all about. I do not watch pathetic "reality" programs, which are mush for the brain, and find it more and more difficult each season to find some type of quality programing. I end up spending more time reading and watching National Geographic and Discovery when the television is on. Oh please, please, please let some network with a brain pick EH up!
wanderinmuse
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 May 2009, 21:42

Welcome, wanderinmuse, (I love your name!) nice to see another horse person on the boards! What breeds and disciplines do you work with? I was raised in a dressage/balanced seat environment, but I've since moved over to trail/pleasure, and in an endurance saddle, yet. (laughs) Mostly because I don't think the Tennessee Walker I often work with would tolerate me riding bareback!

As for getting EH picked up by a better network - well, that's our goal! Your voice and opinions are very welcome here.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby wanderinmuse » 26 May 2009, 23:21

I raise primarily quarter horses and one or two appendix from the track. My step daughter is a barrel racer, I ride trail, and we both show halter. Although halter has a bad name, I made a splash (not) with my nonconformist ideas. My poor trainer puts up with so much, bless his heart and my son is a farrier with a distaste for the halter world....LOL Suffice it to say he'd be pleased if we went back to hunters and jumpers. Come on over and you can ride bareback all you want.... :lol:

I sent a letter chastising CBS for their myopic views as to what constitutes quality programing and how low their ambitions and expectations were. Then again, its much easier on them to concentrate on quasi reality programs, unnecessary spin offs (with shallow plot lines), and cast offs from NBC than it is to actually "work" at improving television viewing.
I suppose I didn't make many points....LOL Oh well!
Is there a particular network that I should be lobbying heavily?
wanderinmuse
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 27 May 2009, 07:57

Hi! That was a great letter. I love what you said to them. How so very true! Even though they will probably not change their minds, they need to know how we feel and that their actions will eventually have consequences. People are getting more and more fed up. But this is the wrong thread for this, sorry.

To answer your questions, we are focusing on ABC and TNT as our best bets. However, I think that we have a chance with any of them for different reasons. Especially USA, FOX or SciFi. But, we can hit ABC and TNT hard for now. Basically, just do the best you can and keep as steady a flow as you are able. After seeing your letter to CBS, I know that you will have no problems expressing yourself and representing this Campaign well. ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 27 May 2009, 08:03

A nonconformist in the halter ring? Does that mean you don't believe in turning all breeds into shallow-brained Arab knockoffs? (You'll pardon my prejudice... but I'm a fan of the original Morgan breed and I think what's been done with them over the past decade or so is nothing short of disgraceful.)

We work with pretty much any breed that crosses our path, but lean towards off-the-track Thoroughbreds and various warmbloods. Two Hannovarians, a Dutch/Oldenburg mare, and one TB/Han cross, (we think!) along with Mom's two retired racehorses. And then we go down to an estate farm on the weekends and work with their young stock, which leans towards Quarter Horses of varying types, the Walker, and a couple of Arabs thrown in for good measure. (Oh, and Dolly the Draft mare... can't forget her!)

As for the networks... I personally lean towards ABC on broadcast and TNT and USA on cable. If you haven't been yet, go into The Show > Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign, that has addresses and information on all the networks we've been working towards, as well as summaries of our efforts to date.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 28 May 2009, 20:54

Holy crap! There's an introduction thread? Sorry I rudely jumped in without proper introduction. I blame Famke*.

*Because I can.

What color are your socks right now? White (don't worry, I'm not wearing sandals)

What are you listening to right now? Just the happy clicking of the keyboard

What was the last thing that you ate? Let's pretend I said salad, but actually it was a peanut butter cup

Can you drive a stick shift? Yes but it's been a while

Last person you spoke to on the phone ? Hubby

How old are you today? Old enough to know better than to answer this question

What is your favorite sport to watch on TV? American football

What is your favorite drink? Water or diet coke

Have you ever dyed your hair? Yes

Favorite food? That's a tough one; I like too much to pick one. Can I pick a category? Desserts

What is the last movie you watched? Shane on Turner classic

Favorite day of the year? Christmas

How do you vent anger? I prefer good old-fashioned repression, so that my health will suffer and I can act like a martyr like my ancestors before me ;)

What was your favorite toy as a child? Do books count?

What is your favorite season? Summer

Cherries or Blueberries? Chocolate

What is on the floor of your closet? Shoes

What did you do last night? Watched tv, played here on the board (I think. It's hard to remember that far back)

What are you most afraid of? Rodents

Plain, cheese or spicy hamburgers? Cheese

What is your favorite kind of dog? Anything big and fluffy

Favorite day of the week? Sunday

How many states/provinces have you lived in? 1

Diamonds or pearls? Diamonds

What your favorite flower? Roses

What is your favorite time of day? Late at night

Think this was a long enough questionnaire? Yep
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 28 May 2009, 21:07

You hate rodents? They're so cute!!! ;)

I love summer too... And chocolate... And staying up late.

Good you answered the questionnaire.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 28 May 2009, 21:11

Cute?? With those horrible pointy little tails that might pop out at any moment if you have to pick them up? EEK! And I hate to break it to Walt, but Mickey Mouse bears absolutely no resemblance to an actual mouse. False advertising, is what it is. :x

But I'm glad we agree on the important point: chocolate :D
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 28 May 2009, 22:37

rueful2 wrote: And I hate to break it to Walt, but Mickey Mouse bears absolutely no resemblance to an actual mouse. False advertising, is what it is. :x

LOL!!! But I have to agree with you, no resemblance at all.

I hate spiders... Seriously I get nervous when I'm near one.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 29 May 2009, 08:03

Oh, spiders are dreadful too! And centipedes--all those legs that keep wiggling even after you've stomped on it. Yeesh! Luckily, nature gave men that "Y' chromosome, which stands for, "You need to come in here right now and kill this thing" or, alternatively, "You see that dead animal over there? Please get in touch with your inner hunter, because I believe carcass disposal is men's work."
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 29 May 2009, 21:05

The best part about the cottage (before we got the dehumidifier) was the fact that it was kinda damp-ish in the basement so all sorts of buggy critters lived in there. My favourite were the cave crickets <3 You can see their GUTS!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 29 May 2009, 21:13

OMG, those freaky shrimp-looking cricket things? We have those here! How do you have them in Canada, too?!

And... live rodents don't bother me, really. I think mice are actually rather cute. Love snakes, too, but I hate spiders. They're just... ick. (The Shelob scene in LotR totally wigged me out! Of course, that's kind of the point...)

And I'm not particularly good with dead anything. Dead is creepy. (Yeesh, I know, I'm such a girl....)

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 29 May 2009, 21:18

Yes, those creepy shrimp lookin' things! They're so awesome <3

I think we have 'em cuz our climates aren't TOO different, Sarah... Yeah, you just get a few degrees warmer and nowhere near as cold... bugs sorta live through the winter somehow... and come back with a VENGEANCE. For BLOOD.

I love most everything, really. I'm a loving person? Dead things, though...? Generally I never have to deal with 'em. Except for when I kills them myself in the autoclave, but those are single celled organisms and thus do not count.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby rueful2 » 29 May 2009, 21:43

creepy shrimp lookin' things!

Remind me not to go back to Canada or Virginia....
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 29 May 2009, 21:52

Oh, come off it, they're harmless. The worst they can do is hop on your foot. They're crickets, really. They're just funny-looking. And if you don't go rooting around in damp cellars and such, you're not likely to find them in any case.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 29 May 2009, 21:55

Not a fan of crickets, which overran my parents' basement. (Although they looked like regular crickets, not shrimp.) I hated the way they would jump unpredictably, often in my direction. I don't hate them as much as centipedes, but they're up there.
rueful2
Middle Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to General Discussion