Lattelady's stories

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Re: Lattelady's stories

Postby Lattelady » 23 Aug 2009, 21:09

I'm glad you liked it.

Hehehehe about the 'eleventh hour' line. I couldn't resist.

Phyllis
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby EHfan » 24 Aug 2009, 09:13

Already posted a review on fanfiction.net, but wanted to stop in here to let you know how much I loved this last chapter.

The session with Anna was well written, very intense, very in character for what we know of Hood from the series. The way you had him go from talking about Maggie's death to how terrified he was when Rachel was injured was so believable. He seems to be just coming to deal with the fact that he is in love with a woman who is the complete opposite of his wife.

Loved that Jacob was the one to ask for a story. The conversation between them was sweet, I hope this means Rachel has decided to stop playing hide and seek!

Can't wait for the next chapter. But then again, sad to think that this wonderful story is coming to an end. Hope you have more EH fan fic in your head.

EHFan
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 24 Aug 2009, 12:19

I also enjoyed this chapter and felt that Hood would act/react this way in a therapy session. I did vison his relationship with his wife differently in my head though. But you are probably more realistic of how their relationship really was. Would love to see Hood barely escape danger under his new temporary handler and how Rachel is in conflict with this since she is not there to protect him. I know this is touched on in her nightmares and prayers but would like to see more. Please keep the stories coming since we have nothing else of R and J at this time....
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 24 Aug 2009, 21:22

kygal wrote:I also enjoyed this chapter and felt that Hood would act/react this way in a therapy session. I did vison his relationship with his wife differently in my head though. But you are probably more realistic of how their relationship really was. Would love to see Hood barely escape danger under his new temporary handler and how Rachel is in conflict with this since she is not there to protect him. I know this is touched on in her nightmares and prayers but would like to see more. Please keep the stories coming since we have nothing else of R and J at this time....

I'm glad you enjoyed the chapter. I worked very hard to make the therapy session as real as I could. I relied heavily on the book "Grief and Grieving" and my old psych books from nursing classes.

I've always picture Maggie as being as bright as Jacob. I think in the beginning it was simply to have her be different from Rachel. But as the series progressed and we learned bits and pieces of his past, I came to believe that is the kind of woman who would have fit best into a younger Hood's comfort zone. A marriage between two geniuses would have duller moments...not that all marriages don't have a few of those.

There is also the fact that I've lost someone who I loved very much and I know there will be no replacing him. If I wanted to write Jacob/Rachel pairings, I had to have his past relationship be less than perfect.

You're idea of having Jacob in danger is a good one, but I don't want to add to Rachel's feelings of guilt at the moment. She is trapped, and can't be his bodyguard while she is injured, though there may be something a bit later, either in the last chapter or as a epilogue. I started it when I had a wanted to write some R/J heat, but didn't finished it because I wanted to save some of the main ideas for TS.

Thanks again, I loved your review and wanted to let you know what my thought process was.

Phyllis
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby kygal » 25 Aug 2009, 04:31

Can't wait!!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 25 Aug 2009, 21:32

Me neither, she rocks!

And Phyllis, I'm sorry to read that, that you lost someone. It's sad but somehow we have to find the way to go on.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 25 Aug 2009, 21:55

Thank you very much. I'm fine. It was a few years ago and I'm doing fine, really.

Phyllis
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby rueful2 » 01 Sep 2009, 09:48

I've been away for a bit, so it was great to come back to find the new chapters. Wonderful, very moving. Please keep them coming.
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 25 Sep 2009, 22:43

I finally have the chapter 7 posted. It took me forever to write. I really wanted to include a nice talk between Alex, Hood's sister, and Rachel. It didn't take me long to realize that Rachel isn't going to have your typical 'girl talk'. There were days I delete most of what I wrote.

I'm pleased with what I've come up, especially the last half, which is J/R.

http://lattelady6.livejournal.com/54137.html At my LJ
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5171053/7/Therapy_Sessions At ff.net

Enjoy!

Latte
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby onepercentclub » 25 Sep 2009, 22:46

Woohoo!!! I was going to watch CSI but this is so much better than that!!!

Thank you for posting Latte :D
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 26 Sep 2009, 00:31

It's 12:23 am here, it's Saturday and I have to wake up in a few hours but reading this chapter was worth it.
I already submitted my review at FFnet, and all I have to say is thank you for bringing life to these wonderful characters after the cancellation. You do an amazing job.
Can't wait for the next chapter.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 26 Sep 2009, 07:01

Thank you...cant wait for more...we need this since we cant watch EH right now. You keep the characters alive for us. Hope chapter 8 comes soon.......
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 26 Sep 2009, 13:19

Yes! A new chapter. What a great way to begin my Saturday. Again, the only problem, having to wait for the next one. Fabulous work, really liked the interaction with Alex. It felt natural, I can imagine Alex feeling the way she does and wanting to nudge the relationship

Finally - that was quite a cliff-hanger! Hope we don't have to wait to long for the next one. Hope your life has settled down enough to allow for some quality writing time.

EHfan
aka Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 26 Sep 2009, 13:40

I'm glad people are enjoying the new chapter.

Sorry about the cliffhanger, but if I'd kept on going there would have been at least five more pages and the chapter wouldn't have been posted for another few days. I really needed to get it off my computer. When I edit, I start at the beginning and work though the whole thing, checking continuity. Needless to say I often add new things. My edits can grow from the middle faster than the end.

I really had to post before I picked the Alex/Rachel conversation to death.

Ch 8 will be up when I'm sure just how many more chapters there are to go on this story. We are now into the last phase of grief, acceptance. That basically means I need to do a lot more writing.

Phyllis
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 Sep 2009, 18:56

You're the best! Really, I mean it.

Although you really have to work on your commas, :lol: . Sorry I wasn't around; even though I had my computer with me in D.C., I was so fried by the time I got back to the hotel every night that I barely had the energy to check my e-mail. I put in a lot of miles up there, but it was a lot of fun.

Great to see you back on the boards, though! You did an excellent job, as always, and I look forward to the next chapter with bated breath.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 27 Sep 2009, 00:23

Sorry I should have sent it to you, but needed to get it posted before I picked it to death. The first ten pages were like pulling teeth. The R/J part was all planned in my head and was easy.

I'm glad it worked and you enjoyed it.
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby kygal » 27 Sep 2009, 06:24

I hope when you are done with this storyline you will continue to write about these characters. How about writing a season two and more...lol...we want to keep hearing about JH and RY.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 27 Sep 2009, 08:19

I'm looking forward to chapter 8, but again, sad to think that we're getting close to the end of the story. You've created a world that feels very real to me and your portrayal of Rachel and Jacob is wonderful. You should also ignore all of us (me especially!) who beg you for updates. Your writing is very good, and it takes time to create a quality product.

Also - reading chap. 7 this morning, I was struck by the conversation between Jacob and Rachel re: Anna. Funny and believeable. Rachel is feeling a little vulnerable and she slips a bit and lets her feelings show. And yes, considering that Jacob is just now realizing how he feels about her - he would take a great deal of pleasure in her reaction.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 27 Sep 2009, 10:56

I really, really enjoyed this. Thanks for giving us something new to remind of us these fantastic characters. Great job!
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby jrzgrl11 » 28 Sep 2009, 08:31

Many thanks Lattelady,
It was sheer delight to read your latest installment at the end of a glum birthday (I think all birthdays over the age of 30 should be unobserved. All in favor say aye). You can be my therapist any day. Now I want to go back and reread the series in sequence.
I know what you mean by "picking to death" a piece. I've been working on something for months now and you've inspired me to throw it out there in its current state rather than reworking it for the nth time. Thanks again and keep 'em coming.
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Therapy Sessions ch - 8 - Acceptance - Interlude

Postby Lattelady » 01 Nov 2009, 18:06

Sorry it's taken so long but you can blame it on Jacob Hood. He decided to go rogue on me and not pay the least bit of attention to my outline. I tried to get him back in line, but it did no good. He wanted what he wanted, though I think you'll enjoy it. :twisted:

http://lattelady6.livejournal.com/54527.html - At Live Journal with links to other chapters

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5171053/8/Therapy_Sessions - At ff.net

Thanks to Joyce. She helped me make sense out of the muddle that Jacob had produced and headed me in the right direction.
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 01 Nov 2009, 20:27

(bows to Joyce)

And Latte, as always, you leave me drop-jawed in astonished admiration. And in this case, rather in need of a cold shower, :lol:

Hood is just being difficult all around these days! He was being a real pain in the backside for me, too... same situation, I'm trying to take the story in one direction and he drags it off in another. Still... can't argue with the results.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 02 Nov 2009, 07:27

Wow...another great chapter. I have been watching my EH dvd but have enjoyed your continuation of these great characters. You are dead on how I would picture them acting in these situations. As I've said, you are our season two for the moment...keep the great stories comming.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby Rascalle » 02 Nov 2009, 16:00

Hi

I'm new to the board and just wanted to pop in and say WOW!!
What fantastic writing you do, as others have said the way you keep them so in character is fantastic.
I am really enjoying your writing and thank you so very much for keeping these characters going after we lost EH.
Really looking forward to more of you work.

Ras
Rascalle
Preschooler

Postby Lattelady » 02 Nov 2009, 21:35

Thank you to everybody for reading TS and letting me know that you like it. By the time I finish it will be twice as long as it was supposed to be: 10 chapters instead of 5.
Lattelady
Preschooler

PreviousNext

Return to Fanworks