Lattelady's stories

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Lattelady's stories

Postby Lattelady » 28 Jun 2009, 15:05

Okay, Jade, you've convinced me.

My stories can be found in two places at ff.net and my LJ. Most LJ entries have a pretty picture to go with the story.

My latest Hood/Rachel story is called Therapy Sessions and the first chapter Denial was posted yesterday. Each of the five chapters will be named for one of the stages of grief,

ff.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/~lattelady

LJ: http://lattelady6.livejournal.com/

Enjoy :mrgreen:
Lattelady
Preschooler

Re: Lattelady's stories

Postby luvinx » 28 Jun 2009, 15:08

I have one word to say to this thread:

YAY!!!!

EDIT: Okay, I lied. I have more to say. I love all your stuff. I can't wait for more of your stuff. And I want to personally thank you for 'Planet Hood' mention in your newest wonderful creation. I was thrilled and truly touched. :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 28 Jun 2009, 15:30

What a brilliant, well-written story. Really, really gripping. I can't wait for more chapters!
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 28 Jun 2009, 20:48

Great to see you threading, (if that's a word?)

And, wow, people actually listening to me? That's a first, :lol:

We also cannot forget your earlier stories, such as the magnificent Fog, which, if I remember correctly, unanimously grabbed the vote as 'Best EH Story Ever Written' at the time of posting and has yet to be dethroned, though Therapy Sessions will certainly be giving it a run for it's money!!

Keep up the excellent work, my friend.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 28 Jun 2009, 20:51

luvinx wrote:I have one word to say to this thread:

YAY!!!!

EDIT: Okay, I lied. I have more to say. I love all your stuff. I can't wait for more of your stuff. And I want to personally thank you for 'Planet Hood' mention in your newest wonderful creation. I was thrilled and truly touched. :D

I'll say it publicly, as I said it to you privately. I made a special effort to fit in the mention of Planet Hood, just for you and the huge effort you've mounted to get our favorite show back on the air.

ObsidianJade wrote:Great to see you threading, (if that's a word?)

And, wow, people actually listening to me? That's a first, :lol:

We also cannot forget your earlier stories, such as the magnificent Fog, which, if I remember correctly, unanimously grabbed the vote as 'Best EH Story Ever Written' at the time of posting and has yet to be dethroned, though Therapy Sessions will certainly be giving it a run for it's money!!

Keep up the excellent work, my friend.

Sarah,

Of course I listen to you. You may not recognize the changes to the 1st paragraph of Denial, but I am very aware of them.

But one question, how did I not know that In The Fog won a vote of any kind. I didn't know anyone was voting on anything....Talk about me living in the fog.

Phyll :oops:
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 28 Jun 2009, 20:57

It was kind of an informal, 'Wow, this story is the best"/"Yeah it is!" sort of thing. I don't know if we've actually taken a formal poll. Might be too messy to do so now, since many of the authors are congregated here, :D .

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 28 Jun 2009, 21:36

Lattelady wrote:I'll say it publicly, as I said it to you privately. I made a special effort to fit in the mention of Planet Hood, just for you and the huge effort you've mounted to get our favorite show back on the air.

I am glad you said it publicly, so that everyone will know what a truly sweet and thoughtful person you are....though I suspect they already know that. ;)

Thanks again, from me and on behalf of all of us. Image I truly love this place and all of you. You are all an enormous bright light in my life. :D

And special kudos to Nikki, as she is the brilliant creator of pH.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby jrzgrl11 » 30 Jun 2009, 12:58

Fantastic story! I really like the way you've chosen to present the different episodes. More, soon please! Your stories will be part of my therapy as we approach an EH-less fall schedule.I can't stand that they're already doing promos far the fall and no EH! I'm feeling particularly bitter that the shallow and glib Mentalist is getting EH's old slot. Grrrr... I really do need therapy.No pressure or anything but maybe you could give up your day job and just write for us.

I saw a promo for The Forgotten - is that SG's latest?
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 30 Jun 2009, 13:13

jrzgrl11 wrote:Your stories will be part of my therapy as we approach an EH-less fall schedule.I can't stand that they're already doing promos far the fall and no EH! I'm feeling particularly bitter that the shallow and glib Mentalist is getting EH's old slot. Grrrr...

Yes, that was what you meant by the title "Therapy Sessions", right Lattelady? :lol:

And as for The Mentalist....that is a tough pill to swallow. I get angry just thinking about it. Image

jrzgrl11 wrote: I saw a promo for The Forgotten - is that SG's latest?

Yes, ma'am. That is what our boy is up to now. Until the return of EH, that is.... ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 13 Jul 2009, 19:57

Chapter 3 of Therapy Sessions - Bargaining - Jacob is posted.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5171053/3/Therapy_Sessions

The picture below is of all the regular members of The Bourbon and Scotch Club. Hood entertains Rachel with a story about a poker game over dinner. Pam Landry, Jethro Gibbs and Jenny Shepard are only making a guest appearance in his story.

Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 13 Jul 2009, 21:00

And a brilliant work as always, very little thanks to me. You did an extraordinary job with the touch-ups on that one, the added details worked beautifully. Love the H/R banter, of course! And you write angry!Hood sooooo nicely. I had to work to avoid drooling on my keyboard, :lol:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 14 Jul 2009, 19:42

Sarah, you are being too modest. If it weren't for you, the middle of that chapter would have been bogged down in way too many facts, some of which were important and some that weren't. Also the darn chapter would have ran close to 7000 words. I know I write long, but that is too much even for me.

You were a huge help!

I'm glad you liked the changes I made and the banter. It was fun to write.

Phyllis
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby rueful2 » 19 Jul 2009, 15:05

I'm really loving this story! Great writing. I'm looking forward to the rest.
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 19 Jul 2009, 20:18

I'm glad you're enjoying my story. It's fun, but a lot of work to write. The next chapter should be up shortly. I sent it to my beta yesterday.
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 19 Jul 2009, 20:20

Lattelady wrote:The next chapter should be up shortly. I sent it to my beta yesterday.

YAY! Image
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 19 Jul 2009, 20:52

Oh you so made my night. Even after splitting the chapter called Bargaining into Bargaining - Jacob and Bargaining - Rachel, the second part ended up much longer than I had anticipated. But I was able to get all the tiny Rachel/Hood moments in there and a bit of Rachel history that I had wanted to, but couldn't if I hadn't split it.

Jade has it, now, but I know her schedule is a killer, so I'm not putting any pressure on her. She's been so great I don't want to burn her out.

P
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby jrzgrl11 » 21 Jul 2009, 06:47

What a fantastic addition to your series LL! Really, it was so good I didn't want it to end. Please don't edit yourself too much, you're too good! You do a really great job with R and J's teasing to hide the feelings dynamic. Can't wait for more - have you ever thought about sleeping less and writing more? Just kidding!
I'm familiar with the Jethro and Jenny characters and Pam Landry but where do the McGruders come from?

Also, as a point of etiquette in fanfic can you bring details into your own work that you picked up from someone else's? I'm not talking plagiarism of course, rather of incorporating character or plot developments as references in your own work. After asking permission, of course. Please advise.
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Postby æthre » 21 Jul 2009, 18:04

That's how fanon starts and, since it's bloody fanfic, I, personally, couldn't give a crap if anyone incorporated any ideas that I come up with in their own fics.

But I'm ultra liberal with my IP so, yeah, that's just my vote.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby Lattelady » 21 Jul 2009, 18:17

Wow, thanks so much.

I'm really glad you liked this chapter. I was really worried about the whole Bourbon and Scotch Club thing, but I used it to introduce TC McGruder and Jen Kirkwood. McGruder is my fanon boss for Rachel. He's in a few stories that I've started but never finished. I fashioned him after TC McQueen from the very old series Space: Above and Beyond. Hence in my mind he is played by James Morrison. Jen Kirkwood (Meg Ryan) is of my own making. Both of them will be seen later in the story, more Jen, than Tyler.

The reason I split the chapter was because it the old form, I had left out a lot of things I wanted to include about Rachel. They will be in what is about to be posted. Not to worry, it runs on in length and I like it so much better the way it is now.

Sorry I can't give up on the sleeping, though I'd love to give up on the working, but I have terrible habit that was formed in childhood: eating. Therefore the bills must be paid.

Regarding borrowing from others, I always ask first and give credit to if I've done that. Thought I'm sure it can happen by accident. We're all working from a limited pool of knowledge (canon) and I can't believe that others don't think of the same things I do. Because of this, I usually make it a habit not to read works about the same pairing I am actively writing about. I want to be sure that my ideas are my own and not something I don't remember, remembering from another story.

I'm a huge Bourne fan and have a timeline all worked out for a story where Nicky Parson's was Rachel's best friend growing up. But I've never written or read crossovers, so it sits in my file of unfinished stories.

jrzgrl11 wrote:What a fantastic addition to your series LL! Really, it was so good I didn't want it to end. Please don't edit yourself too much, you're too good! You do a really great job with R and J's teasing to hide the feelings dynamic. Can't wait for more - have you ever thought about sleeping less and writing more? Just kidding!
I'm familiar with the Jethro and Jenny characters and Pam Landry but where do the McGruders come from?

Also, as a point of etiquette in fanfic can you bring details into your own work that you picked up from someone else's? I'm not talking plagiarism of course, rather of incorporating character or plot developments as references in your own work. After asking permission, of course. Please advise.
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 27 Jul 2009, 20:54

For those of you still desperately waiting on the latest chapter - the delay is my fault and I apologize! However, the edits on my end are now complete, and when she's not waiting on my dragging behind, Latte works very quickly and, as we all know, very, very well.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby Lattelady » 28 Jul 2009, 19:35

I've finally posted Ch - 4 - Bargaining - Rachel of Therapy Sessions

This one is almost all Jacob and Rachel.
Sorry for the delay, but it took me a while to write it and real life kept getting in the way for me and my beta.

It can be found at:

ff.net: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5171053/4/Therapy_Sessions

and

My LJ - http://lattelady6.livejournal.com/52846.html

Enjoy, guys. I was able to work in a mention of Planet Hood. I do whenever I can.
Lattelady
Preschooler

Postby onepercentclub » 29 Jul 2009, 22:29

Lattelady, that was brilliant. I really enjoyed all the chapters.
Is it too much to ask for the next one already?
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 30 Jul 2009, 09:06

onepercentclub wrote:Is it too much to ask for the next one already?

:lol:
I am gonna set aside some time later today, when the boy is napping, to read this. I can't wait!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 30 Jul 2009, 14:20

Oh my EHSM, you have to read it.
You know, I was very nostalgic because it made me think of what could've been :cry:

Damn you CBS! And congratulations for having crap in your brains.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 30 Jul 2009, 14:27

onepercentclub wrote:Damn you CBS! And congratulations for having crap in your brains.

Ooh, my EHSM....I think you are giving them too much credit. I don't believe there is anything in their heads at all! :lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Next

Return to Fanworks