Security

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Security

Postby VampireCSIHood » 19 Jun 2009, 14:55

My first EH fanfic! Although, it's a oneshot I'm very proud of it.

Although, if I can think of more... It might have more parts!

Security: An Eleventh Hour Oneshot Fanfiction

A bright spring day awaited Special Agent Rachel Young as she found herself in Palo Alto. She normally did not come here on their weekends off, but the Bureau had ordered a special check on their science advisor.

So here she was knocking on the door to her partner's house. Her gaze traveled around the outside of the house.

Is there any security system here? Has to be... Her thoughts were interrupted by the brown haired doctor opening the door.

“Rachel?” He sounded surprised to see her, but quickly held open the door. “Oh, uh, come in.”

“Sorry to bother you on your weekend off, but the higher ups order a check up on you...” Even as she spoke her eyes darted around the entryway, and landed on the handle of the front door. “Hood, where are the extra locks?”

Green eyes looked over and he shrugged. “I guess I forgot to put them on.”

“Hood this is not acceptable! What about that security system!? Why is it off?” Evidently agitated, Rachel gave the doctor her best unhappy face.

“Rachel, it's day for one thing... And this lock works just fine.” He pointed to the door handle.

“Hood, do you really think that this will stop someone from coming in and killing you?”

“Is there someone trying to kill me?!” Hood stared at her.

“Not that I know of, but what if someone was?!”

“Well, then I'll turn it on... But wouldn't the FBI assign more agents then?” He gave her a small smile, but she evidently was not satisfied. “Heh...”

“I'm going to finish my check then I'm going to leave. And you will turn on that security system.”

Jacob Hood sighed. “If I remember...”
Rachel sighed as she glanced at the security system.

“Hood... You turned it off didn't you!” It was more of a statement then a question.

“Umm... Rachel, I'm fine really.”

“Hood... One of these days someone is going to break in and kill you!” Her hands placed firmly on her hips she glared at her green-eyed partner.

“Isn't that what this is for?” He held up the panic button.

“A lot of good that's going to do if I'm not anywhere near you!?!”
His eyes widened at how serious she was.

“I'll come up with something...” He muttered not looking her in the eyes.

“Like what?! Create a fake gun using household items? Even if you did manage that, Hood, you can't shoot the side of a barn! You're not MacGyver!”

“...”

Rachel sighed. “Turn it on tonight, Hood.”

A small nod was his only response as she turned on her heel and walked back to her rental car.

You won't do it... Guess I'll have to teach you a lesson...
Midnight.

He's probably asleep by now... Rachel took a deep breath as she pulled the mask over her face. Time to teach Dr. Jacob Hood a lesson he'll never forget...

Clad in all black she sneaked quietly over to the door. She peered in the window at the security system.

In plain sight because the curtain is not closed. She silently laughed. How did I know? It's off.

Pulling out a hairpin, she held the doorknob steady as she started to pick the lock. Her gloved fingers skillfully maneuvered the hairpin, successfully unlocking the front door.

Taking another deep breath, Rachel slipped into the house. Why do I feel so guilty sneaking into his house?

She carefully headed to the stairs. Even if she had not memorized his house from all of the sweeps, there was a light coming from the kitchen. It's easy enough to see...

Her eyes looked around for any sign of the doctor being awake. Things were put away neatly and she heard no sounds coming from around the house.

His bedroom is the first door to the right... She barely made a noise as she breathlessly crept over to the door.

Her heart began to pound in her chest as she slowly turned the handle.

The door opened a crack and she paused.

Am I really going to sneak into Hood's room?!? Rachel wondered why she was slowly beginning to enjoy this. I can't seriously be enjoying the thought of breaking into his house and awakening him from sleep, can I?

She shook her head and quickly slipped into the room.

Not a single light was on as she reached for the bed. Something was off.

The moon began to shine through the window as the clouds parted.

She stared in disbelief at the perfectly made bed.

“He's not here?” Her eyes were wide as she numbly started down the steps.

I came all this way, broke into his house, and sneaked up to his room, all for him not to be there?!

She sighed, slipping off the mask. Her eyes then darted to the downstairs study.

The door's shut... Well, there you are Hood!

A small stream of light came from under the door and she flung open the door.

The room was empty.

“What?! Hood, where in the world are you!?!”

Her rant was cut short as the front door shut.

Her heart pounding as she slowly turned to face the intruder.

With a box of popcorn in one arm and a hand halfway to his mouth, Jacob Hood stood there eyes wide.

“Rachel?” He slowly set the popcorn down.

“Uhh... Hi, Hood.” She stood up straight and looked away, unable to keep a small blush from coming over her face.

“...Umm, what's going on?” His green eyes glanced at her with curiosity.

“...You...” Rachel cleared her throat and pointed to the security system. “You didn't turn it on!”

“So, you sneaked in?” His hand flipped the switch and the room was suddenly bright.

Squinting at the quick change in light Rachel nodded. “To teach you a lesson.”

A small smile came over Hood's lips as he walked over. “I didn't turn it on because I don't know the code for it. I searched the whole house for it, but I couldn't find it. So I thought I'd tell you tomorrow and I went to a movie...”

Rachel stared then started laughing. “Well, I feel dumb.”

Hood smiled. “Well, I don't know about you, but... Umm, I'm wide awake now.”

“Heh, yeah me too.” Rachel sighed.

“Uh.. Popcorn?” He held out the box and she took a handful. “... How about a movie?” He motioned over to the small collection by the television.

“... Sure...”

As they settled down for the movie, Rachel sighed.

“What?”

“We'll get your security system code tomorrow... I'll be your security tonight.”

Somehow, neither of them could imagine it any other way.
VampireCSIHood
Preschooler

Re: Security

Postby rueful2 » 19 Jun 2009, 15:10

Wonderful, VCH! I really enjoyed that, especially Rachel's exasperation and his absent-mindedness. Seemed very true to character. Thanks for posting it. And I vote for more parts--who knows what can happen when the lights go down for a movie!
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 19 Jun 2009, 15:21

Very good! Thank you for posting. You should put this over at FF.net if you haven't already. We need to 'bulk up' the EH collection there. Plus, I know Planet Hood has an archive as well we may need to start working on. Now that all our writers are cropping up. YAY!

Please write some more. ;)

*luvinx walks off imagining H and R in a dark movie theatre together*
:oops:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby VampireCSIHood » 19 Jun 2009, 15:36

rueful2 wrote:Wonderful, VCH! I really enjoyed that, especially Rachel's exasperation and his absent-mindedness. Seemed very true to character. Thanks for posting it. And I vote for more parts--who knows what can happen when the lights go down for a movie!

Thank you.
.... :oops: I uhh, actually drew a rather pathetic excuse of a comic for that... *coughcough* :oops: :lol: :oops:

luvinx wrote:Very good! Thank you for posting. You should put this over at FF.net if you haven't already. We need to 'bulk up' the EH collection there. Plus, I know Planet Hood has an archive as well we may need to start working on. Now that all our writers are cropping up. YAY!

Please write some more. ;)

*luvinx walks off imagining H and R in a dark movie theatre together*
:oops:

I don't have an account on ff.net... my older sister does and I might be able to convince her to put it up... She did for my one Naruto story sooo maybe....

Umm.. I'll try to.. But I don't have inspiration... >.<'

Ohhh, my mind's gone there too... :oops: :D
VampireCSIHood
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 19 Jun 2009, 16:06

Great story, VCH! Really enjoyed that one, you've got their characters down pat.

And a FF.net account is a good idea, particularly if you're going to be hanging around this madcap group. They're free and take about thirty seconds to sign up for. And since several of us are members, if you've got any questions about it, one of us can walk you through, no problem.

Hope to see more stories under your name in the future!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby VampireCSIHood » 19 Jun 2009, 16:21

ObsidianJade wrote:Great story, VCH! Really enjoyed that one, you've got their characters down pat.

And a FF.net account is a good idea, particularly if you're going to be hanging around this madcap group. They're free and take about thirty seconds to sign up for. And since several of us are members, if you've got any questions about it, one of us can walk you through, no problem.

Hope to see more stories under your name in the future!

Thanks //^_^//
I'm used to doing their characters because I do RPGs with my sister, and I play them. But I didn't think I had them that good. //^_^//

I did get one once, but my stupid aol e-mail didn't give me the e-mail... >.< So yeah.. I'll try... I can use my yahoo one this time...

Me too... lol
VampireCSIHood
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 19 Jun 2009, 17:08

ObsidianJade wrote:Hope to see more stories under your name in the future!

Yep! We need all our writers to write. It would be nice to see EH have a thriving fanfiction archive.

F*@k a&& d*mn sh^t Les!

Sorry, that would be my EH Tourette's coming out! :lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 21 Jun 2009, 17:07

I likies :3

Just a quick formatting nitpick - could you double space between paragraphs please?
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby VampireCSIHood » 26 Jun 2009, 14:36

æthre wrote:I likies :3

Just a quick formatting nitpick - could you double space between paragraphs please?

Thank you! I started anther one, but it's not going well... *hangs head*

Sure, I'll make sure t do that from now on. ^_^
VampireCSIHood
Preschooler

Postby æthre » 26 Jun 2009, 15:00

lawl, the one who should be hanging their head in shame is me - how long have I been promising smut for again, guys?
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 26 Jun 2009, 16:00

æthre wrote:lawl, the one who should be hanging their head in shame is me - how long have I been promising smut for again, guys?

*coughforevercough* :P
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 26 Jun 2009, 16:50

*coughandadaycough*
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 26 Jun 2009, 17:10

æthre wrote:*coughandadaycough*

:lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 Jun 2009, 20:50

And that's not even mentioning the pancakes, which have been a day longer than the smut!!!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 26 Jun 2009, 21:07

*laughs* Yeah, well, my mother has informed me that 'maybe [I] need a sex life'. Thanks mom, thanks.

(It was about my compulsive shipping, though. As far as I'm aware, she isn't aware that I'm writing smut fic. Though, knowing mom, she'd be totally amused by that.)
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 Jun 2009, 21:11

At this point I think my Mom would be happy if I just had a life, full stop... sex would be the, uh... (winces as she says it) cherry on top. Sorry, terrible pun, but I just couldn't resist. I know, I know, next time try harder. :lol:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 26 Jun 2009, 21:15

*bursts out laughing* That... was epic.

I think my mom would be happy if I got a life too... Ah well, as long as one of my friends stops telling me that I should have a summer fling just cuz I know some guys who would be willing... So not my style.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Return to Fanworks