Fic Recs

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Re: Fic Recs

Postby rueful2 » 08 Mar 2010, 12:58

I wish FF didn't default to not even showing the M titles. I think a lot of people might be missing this one, and you're right, Joyce, it's very, very good. Now I know why people rate their first chapters T!

I don't post at FF, so I'll say it here: Great job, Numbatstuff!
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 08 Mar 2010, 14:00

rueful2 wrote:I wish FF didn't default to not even showing the M titles.

Which is why I set FF.net with the page showing all stories as a favorite in my browser. That way I don't miss things like this story, which is taking some interesting turns.

rueful2 wrote:I don't post at FF, so I'll say it here: Great job, Numbatstuff!

Rue, you should sign up af FF so you can leave a review there. She (I assume it's a she) says she's a Rufus Sewell fan and while she has some EH stuff thought out, might take a break from EH to write for other Rufus characters. We need to let her know how much we appreciate her EH stories. No knowing if she's a member her or not.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 08 Mar 2010, 19:32

Which is why I set FF.net with the page showing all stories as a favorite in my browser.

I'm not sure I knew I could do that! What won't they think of next? Thanks, Joyce.

We need to let her know how much we appreciate her EH stories.

It's ok, she already knows how I feel! :D But I think the encouragement of others in the EH fandom will be very helpful.
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby numbat » 15 Mar 2010, 20:46

Hey Planet-Hooders!!!

Thought i should stick my head in and say hello - i know some of you from The Rooftop, which is my usual home, but it's nice to come here and meet some new people.

Thanks so much for noticing my EH fic. I didn't realise you could have alerts for new stories etc, so was quite surprised when people started reading it so quickly. Was a tiny bit mortified that it was being read - kinda hoped i could post it and run away without anyone noticing!! But now it's out there, and apparently the earth didn't shift on it's axis, i'm feeling a little more confident.

Do have some more ideas, both for EH and other Rufus based fic, so now i'm on a bit of a roll i'll probably end up boring you all stupid!!! :D

(BTW - rueful mentioned that some people rated their first chapter "T" on ff.net. Is that actually possible, because as far as i can work out you have to rate the story as a whole??)
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby Sternchan » 16 Mar 2010, 02:38

Hello numbat and welcome

Well, you can not post such a great story on the internet and expect that no one will notice. ;)
I think it’s really good, so keep writing EH stories :D

Btw: thx, for the comment on my “missing color” fanfiction
The show must go on
Sternchan
Preschooler

Postby EHfan » 16 Mar 2010, 06:23

numbat wrote:(BTW - rueful mentioned that some people rated their first chapter "T" on ff.net. Is that actually possible, because as far as i can work out you have to rate the story as a whole??)

What you can do is change the rating of the story as you add later chapters. Since ff.net doesn't automatically display M rated stories they can be missed. But as you discovered, if they are good, they're not missed for long. And don't worry about boring us, your work so far has been very good!

You should start your own thread here for people to discuss your fics. Cause I really want to know, did Rachel put that lipstick mark on Jacob's neck on purpose in "Ladies Choice"? That scene totally went over my head when I read it, but thinking about it later, I thougth, damn, she meant to do that.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 16 Mar 2010, 06:48

Hey Numbat! I knew everyone here would love your EH stuff. Glad you stopped by. See ya at the RS forum!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 26 Jan 2011, 07:53

EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 27 Jan 2011, 04:56

Thanks, I'll check it out!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 28 Jan 2011, 07:21

MoonShadow2 has the first chapter of a new story up. It has a lot of promise.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6691288/1/Vanishing_Point
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 31 Jan 2011, 05:38

Thanks. I enjoyed it and looking forward to the next chapter.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 29 Apr 2011, 17:44

I'm honestly not sure if this one has been recc'd yet or not, but I tripped over it while crossposting my old EH works to AO3. It's decidedly NOT worksafe, and indulges my favorite kink of Hood-in-handcuffs to a delicious degree. Definitely worth a read!

http://archiveofourown.org/works/140768

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 01 May 2011, 15:30

Wow...thanks!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Previous

Return to Fanworks