Luvinx's Musings

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Luvinx's Musings

Postby luvinx » 03 Jun 2009, 21:21

So, I figured that I would start this just for the heck of it. I have written 2 EH stories so far, one is brand new and just posted. I also have a few ideas and am planning to try the Shuffle Story Challenge.

Our fellow EH mate, Lu, helps me with new ideas and always gives me wonderful suggestions. She is my 'beta', if you will. She is a great inspiration for me. Thank you Lu! ;)

If anyone ever has any requests, please feel free to ask away. Even it that request is "stop writing!"

Here are the links for my 2 stories:

The Hardest Part of the Job
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5015472/1/The_Hardest_Part_of_the_Job

Sweet Abyss
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5110255/1/Sweet_Abyss

Thanks for reading!
Last edited by luvinx on 03 Jun 2009, 23:24, edited 1 time in total.
luvinx
High Schooler

Re: Luvinx's Musings

Postby æthre » 03 Jun 2009, 21:57

New fic! Glorious!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby rueful2 » 03 Jun 2009, 23:13

Kellie, what a beautiful new story! The emotions in Abyss were so realistic and I really loved the way you got into Rachel's head. A really enjoyable read just before bedtime (if I can sleep now-- LOL!).
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 03 Jun 2009, 23:19

rueful2 wrote:Kellie, what a beautiful new story! The emotions in Abyss were so realistic and I really loved the way you got into Rachel's head. A really enjoyable read just before bedtime (if I can sleep now-- LOL!).

Thank you so much Rue! Yea, I figured it was Rachel's turn since my first one was so "Hood POV" heavy. Glad you liked it. :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 03 Jun 2009, 23:42

Well, the episodes gave us a lot less insight into Rachel's heart and mind than Jacob's, so you did a very good job of filling in the blanks, so to speak.

Also, I forgot to say thanks for the nice dedication at the head of the story (I'm not registered at fanfiction.net, so I can't comment there). I really enjoy our friendship too!
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 04 Jun 2009, 07:53

rueful2 wrote:Well, the episodes gave us a lot less insight into Rachel's heart and mind than Jacob's, so you did a very good job of filling in the blanks, so to speak.

Also, I forgot to say thanks for the nice dedication at the head of the story (I'm not registered at fanfiction.net, so I can't comment there). I really enjoy our friendship too!

Thanks Rue! Yea, it is tough to write a fanfic before the show is...say....3 seasons in or so. You have very little info about the characters, and risk writing a story that will be completely ruined by the inevitable info that comes out contrary to your story. Then your story goes against Canon. That is why any case file is a little scary for me right now. That, and the amount of research that goes into that type of story. Not enough time now. But, we kinda knew about her Dad and such, so, I just went for that.

How could I not put you in my dedication? :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 04 Jun 2009, 08:39

Oh Kel, I should thank you for writing such wonderful stories.
What can I say, your latest is just beautiful.
Ideas are on their way!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 04 Jun 2009, 08:45

onepercentclub wrote:Oh Kel, I should thank you for writing such wonderful stories.
What can I say, your latest is just beautiful.
Ideas are on their way!

:D
Ideas! Woo-hoo! ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 04 Jun 2009, 16:13

Yeah, the whole hard-to-write-fic-for-shows-in-their-first-season thing is why I haven't written a whole lot - it's hard to really know the characters after only 13.5 hours. I dunno how people writing movie fic can do it!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 04 Jun 2009, 16:29

'Cause movies are intended to stand alone (usually) and they give us more information about the characters to play with in a shorter time frame.

Which does not explain how, given that we've now had around ten hours of Pirates movies, how essentially nobody can write Capt. Jack's character without buggering up either his personality, language, intentions, or all of the above.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 04 Jun 2009, 16:47

Cuz they all want into his pants. And, thus, they idealise the character.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 04 Jun 2009, 16:59

There is that. But even the Jack/Will fics screw him up!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 04 Jun 2009, 17:11

They still want into his pants and, thus, Will is the female substitute. (Either that or they're in the closet and Jack's the female substitute.)

Which, actually, is one of the reasons why I'm not all that fond of slash fic - too much of it is written by women in such a way that one character will take on feminine traits they don't possess in canon. Yeah, some of it's good, but there's too much garbage for me to bother, XD

(The explanation for why I can read femmeslash is that I tend to read J/7, which is written, for the most part, by the lesbian horde. (Their words, not mine.) Neither character takes on a predominantly male role like, say, Kim/Shego does, which is primarily written by teenaged boys and men in their forties.)
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 04 Jun 2009, 17:21

æthre wrote:...in such a way that one character will take on feminine traits they don't possess in canon.

(blinks) Uhm, were we watching the same PotC? Pretty much the only feminine trait Jack doesn't have is the necessity for a bra!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 04 Jun 2009, 17:27

Nah, I rambled off on a generic rant about slashing in general, XD Cuz, yeah, Jack's pretty damn feminine.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby kygal » 09 Aug 2009, 18:59

Really enjoyed these stories...especially Abyss. I could totally see this happening. I did not record any episodes of EH (didnt think I needed to) and am unable to get the full episodes online for some reason so I have enjoyed these stories and clips on You Tube.

I can't write and don't plan to start but I have day-dreamed of things I would like to have seen on season 2. I would have liked to see flash backs of both their lives...especially Hood and his wife..I see her as being opposite of him-beautiful, fun and outgoing (well he is beautiful) maybe a dance or yoga instructer(not sure who I would have play the role).

Also Hood being slightly injured in a mishap where Rachel feels guilt and has to work thru that to help him recover...Oh and them going under cover at a couples spa...not sure where the science fits in though...I could go on but will stop. Keep the stories coming.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 09 Aug 2009, 19:55

Yep, Sweet Abyss is very good. Kel is a great writer.
By the way, Kel, we're waiting for the next story :D
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 09 Aug 2009, 21:18

kygal wrote:Really enjoyed these stories...especially Abyss. I could totally see this happening.

Thank you so much! :D
onepercentclub wrote:By the way, Kel, we're waiting for the next story :D

I know, I need to start something. Things should slow down soon, I hope, and then I can. And all the ideas you sent are so great! ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 10 Aug 2009, 21:37

luvinx wrote:I know, I need to start something. Things should slow down soon, I hope, and then I can. And all the ideas you sent are so great! ;)

And I'm sure you will do a wonderful job as always! ;)
Seriously, I can't wait.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Return to Fanworks