Shuffle Story Challenge

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Shuffle Story Challenge

Postby Lattelady » 01 Jun 2009, 22:38

1. set your music on shuffle
2. hit play
3. whatever song comes on, write an EH story for as long as the song is playing
4. when the next song comes on, repeat #3
5. once you have 10 songs, edit for typos and such
6. post what you've got

I've started the ball rolling with the stories below.

Rating: PG-13
Disclaimer: Written for fun and to try and convince some network to renew Eleven Hour. The characters don’t belong to me and neither do the songs.
Pairing: Hood/Rachel

Moments In Music
By Lattelady

September Morn – Neil Diamond

“Hi,” Rachel Young grinned at the expression on Jacob Hood’s face. She wasn’t due back to work until Monday, but hadn’t been able to wait. She decided to pay him a surprise visit at his lab.

“Hi, yourself,” his voice was a deep growl. He got up and closed the distance between them. God, he’d missed her, but hadn’t let himself feel it until the very moment she was standing in front of him. It had been three long months since she’d been wounded and almost bled to death. Once she was out of the hospital, Rachel had wanted to recoup on her own. They’d talked on the phone every week and Felix had carried messages back and forth.

“You look good….really…good.” He reached out and almost touched her hair.

“Thanks, I feel good.” Rachel took a step closer. How was it she’d never noticed how handsome he was? “You’re looking pretty good, yourself.”

“I missed you,” he admitted in a deep honey smoked tone. Hood breathed easily for the first time in a long while. She was back and he wasn’t alone anymore.

“Yeah, me too.” She was so close she could see the glint of green in his hazel eyes.

A moment later she was in his arms, being swept off her feet in a warm hug. Both laughing as he swung her in a circle.
………………………….
Next Time I Fall In Love – Peter Cetera

Jacob Hood wasn’t sure exactly when he realized that his heart was no longer a frozen lump in his chest. When his wife, Maggie, had died he was sure he’d never recover.

He hadn’t planned on Rachel Young taking his life by storm. But she’d planted herself at his side, as his bodyguard and friend, refusing to put up with any of his crazy antics. She’d dug in and fought back, using intellect and FBI training, demanding that he follow her rules. It earned his grudging respect, welcome friendship and somewhere along the way, much more.

His eyes drifted to the small slim blonde FBI agent who’d fallen asleep with her head on the desk across from him, while he was working at his computer.

“Rachel,” he whispered her name, causing a gentle smile to cross his face. Seeing her asleep, he was struck with the inevitable. He could fight it for a while longer, but she was his future.

He might not have found the answers to where the missing stem cells had gone to, but for one small moment things seemed better. He was going to be okay, life was going to be okay. How could it not, with this lovely woman by his side!
………………………………….
And When She Danced – David Foster

“Rachel,” Hood called out, hardly able to get his eyes open. “Where are you?”

“Shhhh, I’m right here.” The tired blonde agent knelt beside Hood’s bed and caressed his face.

“Where…what…” his mind was still spinning. The laws of physic mixed with poetry swirled through his thoughts. Nothing made any sense. Somehow he’d ingested a mind-altering drug.

“Close your eyes, Jacob and get some sleep.” She sat on the bed beside him, needing to be closer, if it was for his sake, or hers, she refused to examine too closely.

“Don’t leave me,” he muttered and reached for her.

“I’m not going anywhere,” she whispered, tears filling her eyes. Rachel allowed herself the luxury of running her fingers through his dark brown curls, knowing tomorrow this would all be forgotten and she’d be nothing but a bodyguard to him.
…………………………
Saturday Night – the Eagles

Jacob and Rachel Hood walked through the old house in Palo Alto. The rooms were empty, the furniture either shipped to DC, or given away. All that was left were memories of the past. He reached for Rachel’s hand, glad for her love and understanding.

Hood had proposed to Maggie, his first wife, in the backyard….

They’d made love in every room in the house….

Maggie and Jacob had laughed and cried in the living room and kitchen….

She’d told him the chemo wasn’t working anymore in the hall….

He’d held her as she died in their bedroom….

He’d answered Frank’s call for help on a case in the study….

One case had turned into two and then three, until Jacob had finally packed his bags, locked the house and headed to Washington.

That had been four years and a lifetime ago. Now, the house was sold.

“Let’s go home. There’s nothing left here for me.” He leaned down and kissed Rachel’s forehead. He had a new life and a new love and had never been happier. It was time to let his past rest in peace.
……………………….
Who Wants to Live Forever – Queen

Rachel was shivering as the light faded in and out. Her right leg was cold and wet. A part of her knew it was blood, her blood, running out of her and taking her life with it.

“Rachel, stay with me,” Hood demanded as the old truck bounced along the road.

“Not your fault,” she muttered and tired to keep her eyes open. “So much I wanted to say…no time…sorry…no time…”

“Damnit, stop talking like that.” He felt sick to his stomach as he glanced over at the pale woman beside him. “Open your eyes and look at me.”

“Jacob,” her mouth felt dry and it was hard to talk, but she had to say…she wasn’t sure what it was, but she needed to tell him something. “It’s been fun,”

“What?” He reached for her with his right hand as he steered with the left. “What are you talking about?”

“You…I’ve had fun….”

Moments later he pulled into the emergency entrance of the hospital and carried her in. He had to get her there in time; he just had to.
……………………………………………..
You Don’t See Me – Pussycat Dolls

Rachel Young wasn’t sure when she’d lost control of the situation. Somewhere along the line she’d fallen in love with Jacob Hood. It made no sense, it was unprofessional and a lost cause. She was his bodyguard and he was a widower still grieving for his dead wife.

“Rachel, hey where’d you go?” He looked at her with concern. They’d been finishing the paperwork on their latest case and he looked over to discover her staring off into space.

“Hmmm, what?” She forced her attention back to what they were working on.

“Are you all right?” He leaned closer and reached to touch her cheek.

“Please don’t.” She pulled away from him. It was too hard to go on like she was. She loved him and he saw her as a friend. “I’m fine, really.”

“You don’t sound it.” He challenged.

“Look, Hood, there are some things that not even you can control.” Rachel blinked and pushed back her chair, standing quickly. Tears were pressing at the back of her eyes and she needed to get to her own room before she embarrassed them both.

“Wait,” Jacob was faster than she’d anticipated. His arms were around her and he gently lifted her chin until he could look her fully in the face.

“Please, just let me go,” she begged. She could easily get free, but refused to do anything that would harm him physically.

“I don’t want to and I think it’s about time we cleared up some things between us.” He slowly lowered his lips to hers. “I don’t ever want to let you go and I’m tried of pretending,” his words were a soft rumble as he kissed her.
……………………..
Nutcracker: Act 2: Trepak – The San Francisco Ballet Orchestra

Felix’s eyes darted back and forth as Agent Young and Dr. Hood bickered in the front seat of the car.

It wasn’t that they fought; they simply baited each other and thoroughly enjoyed getting under the other’s skin.

It was like watching a dance or…or…or….

They were flirting! The thought caught him completely by surprise. He had to cover his mouth to keep from chuckling out loud.

This assignment just kept getting better and better. He couldn’t wait until they realized what was going on.
………………………………………..
When You Say Nothing At All – Ronan Keating

It had been a long hard case. Neither Hood nor Rachel had slept in over twenty-four hours. They leaned again each other in the elevator. Their adjoining rooms were on the twelfth floor.

Neither one said a word, as she unlocked the door and pulled her Glock Compact before entering the small suite. A nod from her, moments later, told him the area was clear.

Rachel picked up the room service menu but Jacob shook simply shook his head. She nodded quietly in agreement and slipped off her shoes. Her holster, badge, pager and cell phone were next to go.

Together they stumbled toward the bed, pulled back the covers and crawled in.

“Wait, this is your room.” Rachel shook her head and was about to sit up when he wrapped an arm around her.

“Yeah, I know,” he mumbled in her ear, pulling her closer.

“Ya do?” She blinked and curled against his warmth as he pulled the covers over them.

“Sure, you’re perfectly safe tonight.” He was so tired he didn’t have the energy to undress himself, let along her.

“But what about in the morning?”

He simply grinned at her, his eyes alive with promise.

They both feel asleep smiling. After all, there was something to be said for anticipation.
…………………….
Lovers In A Dangerous Time – Barenaked Ladies

They’d become lovers. It had been easy, too easy. She’d tried to write it off as too much danger, a case that almost got them both killed. He’d whispered it was only an adrenaline high, but they’d both known it was much more than that.

One small step had taken them from wanting to wanton. Now life swirled around them. Hide what they felt from the FBI. Hide it from Felix. Hide it from themselves. To care made them vulnerable – to those who would hurt him, to those who would damage her professionally, to their hearts that had both been broken before.

They lived a lie until the lights were out. Once they were in the dark, they reached for each other and reality burst around them. It was passion, touch and frantic need…

“Yes, there, right here,” she cried out.

“You feel good, so good,” he groaned.

Then one night as the world exploded around them reality met truth. “I love you,” they both gasped, unable to fool themselves any longer.

In the morning they realized that the time for lies and games was over. They loved each other and would in the sunlight and the dark. They didn’t give a damn what anyone said.
………………………….
Hot Rod Lincoln – Commander Cody and His Lost Planet Airmen

They were going ninety miles an hour and Rachel still had the gas pedal pressed to the floor. Hood gripped the dash in front of him and tried to remember if he knew any prayers.

“Rachel,” he cried out. “What are you doing?” There was a car heading straight for them and it was increasing speed, too.

“Ever play chicken, Hood?” She grinned and gunned it. Moments later the killer they were trying to keep from getting away, pulled over and gave up.

“Yeah! Three for three,” she grinned and pumped her arm in the air.

“And you complain about my driving,” he muttered under his breath.
Lattelady
Preschooler

Re: Shuffle Story Challenge

Postby rueful2 » 01 Jun 2009, 22:54

Wow, lattelady! Those were really amazing! Each one captured a different mood beautifully. Thanks for sharing them.
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 01 Jun 2009, 23:49

Lattelady, always nice to see any work of yours. I will definitely be trying this challenge shortly. I just have to finish my other fic first, which is almost done. Just tweaking a bit.

Thanks for coming here, and thanks for sharing this wonderful challenge with us all! ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 02 Jun 2009, 10:05

Working on it, Lattelady!
And the stories are wonderful.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 03 Jun 2009, 21:56

Way awesome! I have no clue how anyone is able to do those things - unless I was really on the ball, it'd take until the song was up for me to actually get an idea, XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby jrzgrl11 » 06 Jun 2009, 09:52

Super,lattelady! Especially "Lovers in a Dangerous Time". I've often thought there would be great fun in them having a clandestine relationship. With poor Felix covering his eyes and saying"I see nothink. Nothink!"
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Postby Kahlan » 19 Jun 2009, 06:59

And here are my stories. You can find them also on fanfiction.net though I have there another nickname.
So, here they are:

Music on the background
by Kahlan

1. Mary Brings Meatballs - John Powell, Pete Anthony, Don Harper, Blake Nelly & The Hollywood Studio Symphony (OST Hancock)
She was so near (behind the wall, in the adjoining room) and yet so far. How could he believe that she would sacrifice her principles and would fall in love with him or would feel something more rather than just call of duty?
Besides that probably wasn’t something she has dreamed of.
So here he was, lying in bed and staring at the ceiling possessed by the desire to go in Rachel’s room, hold her in his arms and never let her go.

He was so near (behind the wall, in the adjoining room) and yet so far. How could she believe that he would forget his wife (even if she was dead he still loved her) and would fall in love with her or would feel something more rather than just cordiality.
Besides that probably wasn’t something he has dreamed of.
So here she was, lying in bed and staring at the ceiling possessed by the desire to go in Jacob’s room, fly into his arms and never leave him.

2. I showed her – O-Town
She looked so beautiful in that white dress. It showed off her lovely figure, that before was not so remarkable under all the FBI stuff. Her laughter was as ringing as bell. She looked so happy. And Hood was wondering, standing alone in the place from where he could watch without fear of being noticed by her, what could happen if he told her about his feelings for her?
Yes, she would probably be even happier than she is right now.
She spied him. Hood straightened himself up. She was smiling. But that was a bitter smile.
“Didn’t think you would come” she said.
He saw so much pain and sorrow in her eyes.
“You look beautiful, Rachel” Hood uttered.
Rachel smiled and took his hand.
“Dance with me” she asked.
While they were dancing they didn’t say a word. Their eyes spoke more than words could ever.
And he understood she always loved him and she always will be his as he will be hers.

3. Time and Time again – Papa Roach
“Rachel!!! Careful” Hood shouted, when Rachel made another sharp turn.
“Don’t panic” she said just like the chase was something ordinary for her. Well up to now she had never gotten into a crash. And Hood prayed that this time it’s not going to be the first.
He was numb with fear as he sat in the car's seat. They just drove through a red light. And by some miracle didn’t hit the other cars.
Rachel was looking straight at the road and the car that was not so far away from them and drove on speed limit too.
They passed another crossroad.
“Gotcha” Rachel said excited by the adrenaline that was running right now through her veins.
Hood closed eyes, when they turned sharply and closed the only one exit. In front of the chasing car was a police cardoon.
When he finally opened his eyes, Rachel was looking at him smiling. She really was enjoying this high-speed ride.
“Next time, I drive” Hood muttered and got out of the car. He felt just like if he spent a whole hour in the centrifuge.

4. Can’t stop loving you – Phil Collins
“Felix, where is she?” Hood asked right off the bat.
In the beginning Felix didn’t understand what the doctor was talking about, but then he remembered.
“Agent Young is at the airport” he answered.
“Damn” Hood swore.
He couldn’t be late, he thought there was still time. Ok, fine, he is late, but there’s still the chance to catch her at the airport.
He drove at the maximum speed he could. He already saw the building of airport and…yes, that was definitely Rachel. She was getting her package out of the car.
Jacob slammed on the brakes. And as he has done it right in the middle of the road. The other cars ran into his car. But, he didn’t bother.
Rachel turned her head because she heard a terrible sound of crash. And then she saw him, running to her.
“Rachel” Jacob said gasping for air “Don’t leave”
“Hood, I thought you wanted me to accept this offer, because it’s not so dangerous…”
He didn’t give her the chance to finish. His lips found hers and they merged into the kiss.

5. Happy Birthday – The Click Five
“It’s my birthday and I wanna ask you something” Rachel said looking straight in Hood’s blue eyes.
Hood was looking at her fearing what she might say.
“Kiss me” she whispered.
No, he wasn’t surprised; he knew it, before she said it out loud. He leaned forward: she smelled like roses after the thunder-storm. He already could feel her breath. And then they kissed. Her lips were sweat and Jacob didn’t want to stop.
When they finally tore themselves away from each other, Rachel was smiling.
“That’s the best birthday present I’ve ever gotten”
“It’s only the first part of it” Hood grinned.
Even in the most audacious thoughts Hood couldn’t imagine it. He watched Rachel. She was beautiful. And she was lying near with him. To wake up in the mornings with Rachel by his side that was his dream. And so far it was coming true.
Young opened her eyes and her gaze met the in-depth blue look of Jacob. She drew up near him and said:
“That was the best Birthday in my life”

6. Beat it – Fall out boy
Yes, that was definitely not his best idea. What was he thinking about when he agreed to make one time sparring with Rachel. Hood wasn’t thinking at all. What man could of think in the presence of Rachel?
Hood has plenty of time to think now, while he was lying on the ground. Every part of his body ached with pain.
“C’mon Hood, get up” Rachel said offering him a hand.
Jacob got up, but not without an effort.
Actually Rachel was trying to teach Hood how to protect himself if she wasn’t around. They already have tried a gun – it didn’t work out. Now, it was time of the karate. So far it wasn’t good either.
And again Hood found himself on the ground. Rachel was standing over him.
“Hood, you have only one choice” she said.
Jacob blinked trying to come to his senses after the fall in order to understand what Rachel meant.
“You have to marry me and I’ll be around you 24-7”

7. Why don’t you kiss her? – Jesse McCartney
Hood was sitting in his apartment. The phone was on table right in front of him. Yes, there were the guards outside, but he needed her. He needed her because she was something more than simply a bodyguard for him.
Hood picked up the phone and put it down again. The same was with his wife; he liked her, but couldn’t find courage to begin to speak.
He breathed out and dialed up the number.
“Agent Young” the voice on the other end said.
“Rachel, its Jacob” Hood cleared his throat.
“Is something wrong?” she asked with concern.
“No, no” he hastened to assure her.
The uncomfortable pause has hung.
C’mon Jacob tell her, said Hood to himself.
“Hood, are you ok?” Rachel asked.
“I…” he started but didn’t finish.
“I’ll come” she said and hung up the phone.
Wasn’t he supposed to be happy? Rachel was coming. But, he wasn’t. The knock on the door interrupted his thoughts. There she was, so beautiful. Did she wear that dress special for him or did he call her in the middle of a date?
She was smiling. And Jacob smiled at the answer.

8. The closest thing to crazy – Katie Melua
She lay her head on his chest. She felt so comfortable when he was near. Hood embraced her. They were the last visitors in the restaurant. They moved slowly to the music.
Rachel chuckled.
“What?” Jacob asked half-smiling.
“I’m just happy” Rachel said lifting her head.
Their eyes met.
“You’re very beautiful in that dress” Hood told.
“You’re very beautiful in that suit” she repeated.
They continue to move in step to the music.
“Hood” she pronounced.
“Mmm?” he muttered.
“What will the FBI say about us?”
“Do you care what they think?”
“No.”
“Then I think I may kiss you” and Hood pressed his lips against hers.

9. Promise in the dark – Keri Hilson
“Defibrillator!!!” yelled one of the doctors.
Hood saw the flat line of Rachel’s pulse. It was just a nightmare, it couldn’t be happening. No.
The events passed as flashes before his eyes.
One moment he was talking to the man who called them, the next he heard as she cried his name out. Then it all happened as in the slow motion. Rachel was pulling the gun out, shouting something. All he could see was the man hiding behind the corner. She couldn’t see him. He ran to her and right in this moment he heard the sound of the shot. It was just like the thunder. Rachel had time to push him away and took the bullet instead of him. Her blood fell on him. Jacob called her, she swallowed and said very quiet, he barely could make out the words.
“That’s ok…” her green eyes that just a minute ago were so full of life now have lost that spark of life.
“NO!!! Rachel, no!!! You can’t leave me!!!” He shouted.
Someone called 911, and shortly later he heard sirens.
“Discharge!!!” yelled the doctor.
Rachel twitched…And…How relived he was when he heard the beep sound of her pulse.
“We have a low pulse” the doctor was relieved too.

10. Why me, why now – The Saturdays
Rachel was looking at Jacob who self-forgetfully was studying some samples. She noticed not for the first time, that he’s very handsome. Rachel was trying to convince herself that he was nothing more than her assignment, but it didn’t work.
She fell in love with him. She desperately fell in love with him.
Of course she had a few love affairs, but with her job they were not very serious. And she already lost hope to find the only one, but then she had met him. His eyes seemed to read your soul, gosh, she couldn’t stop looking into them. All she wanted was to tell him the whole truth but she was afraid. Rachel, special agent for the FBI was afraid to make a declaration of love.
She felt like teenage girl.
She shook her head. She should think about the case and about protecting Hood.
But near him She found that she herself felt more protected while around him.
Kahlan
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 19 Jun 2009, 08:54

Kahlan.....I have a very important question for you. Are you an H/R Shipper? :lol:

Wonderful collection of stories and I could really "see" what you had written. Nice job! I have to get on this one myself.

Thank you so much for sharing! :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Kahlan » 19 Jun 2009, 10:56

luvinx wrote:Kahlan.....I have a very important question for you. Are you an H/R Shipper? :lol:

I thought it's not that obvious. Definitely I was wrong :D Yeah, I love them. They are, well they are amazing.

luvinx wrote:Wonderful collection of stories and I could really "see" what you had written. Nice job! I have to get on this one myself.

Thank you so much for sharing! :D

Thanks, I'm so glad that you did like it.
Kahlan
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 19 Jun 2009, 11:23

Kahlan wrote:Thanks, I'm so glad that you did like it.

Very much so! :)

Write more! :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Kahlan » 19 Jun 2009, 11:40

luvinx wrote:
Kahlan wrote:Thanks, I'm so glad that you did like it.

Very much so! :)

Write more! :D

I'll do my best. Right now I'm trying to finish the next chapter of my other H/R fiction. I didn't post it here. It can be found on fanfiction.net :roll:
Kahlan
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 19 Jun 2009, 12:44

Kahlan wrote:I'll do my best. Right now I'm trying to finish the next chapter of my other H/R fiction. I didn't post it here. It can be found on fanfiction.net :roll:

I know you will. :)

What is your name under at FF.net?
EDIT: Sister Verna, I presume? :D I have already been following your other story, With Hand and Mind, and I think it is really good. Keep 'em coming! ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Kahlan » 19 Jun 2009, 23:19

luvinx wrote:
Kahlan wrote:I'll do my best. Right now I'm trying to finish the next chapter of my other H/R fiction. I didn't post it here. It can be found on fanfiction.net :roll:

I know you will. :)

What is your name under at FF.net?
EDIT: Sister Verna, I presume? :D I have already been following your other story, With Hand and Mind, and I think it is really good. Keep 'em coming! ;)

Yeah,Goodkind made me lost my mind. :lol: (Kahlan, Sister Verna...what next?....)

Thanks, because With Hand and Mind is my very first fic and all the more written in english. And right now I'm working on the next chapter. As always I'm stuck: I have that bad habbit to place characters in such circumstances from which I can hardly pull them out.

Anyway thanks for reading it :D
Kahlan
Preschooler

Postby æthre » 21 Jun 2009, 16:58

Ooo, I read this one on FF.Net! I likes, I likes indeed!

Just a small nitpick - could you double space between paragraphs? It's far more readable that way.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 21 Jun 2009, 22:27

Kahlan wrote:Anyway thanks for reading it :D

It is my pleasure. ;)

As for the next part, it'll come. Once you let your mind wander off of it, it will come into focus for you.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Kahlan » 22 Jun 2009, 02:11

æthre wrote:Ooo, I read this one on FF.Net! I likes, I likes indeed!

Just a small nitpick - could you double space between paragraphs? It's far more readable that way.

Yeah, ok. No problem. ;)

luvinx wrote:
Kahlan wrote:Anyway thanks for reading it :D

It is my pleasure. ;)

As for the next part, it'll come. Once you let your mind wander off of it, it will come into focus for you.

It did. And when it did come - my computer decided to show his character :lol:
Kahlan
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 22 Jun 2009, 08:33

Kahlan wrote:It did. And when it did come - my computer decided to show his character :lol:

That figures! Is it behaving now? ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Kahlan » 22 Jun 2009, 12:50

luvinx wrote:
Kahlan wrote:It did. And when it did come - my computer decided to show his character :lol:

That figures! Is it behaving now? ;)

Not quite well, I don't know what's the problem. In the morning everything is ok, but in the evening it starts to do strange things.... :shock:
Hope I'll figure it out soon.
Anyway, I think I found my muse and I'll start a new fic and finish the old one.
Kahlan
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 22 Jun 2009, 15:04

Kahlan wrote:Not quite well, I don't know what's the problem. In the morning everything is ok, but in the evening it starts to do strange things.... :shock:
Hope I'll figure it out soon.

I am sure you will! ;)
Kahlan wrote:Anyway, I think I found my muse and I'll start a new fic and finish the old one.

YAY! Cannot wait! :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 27 Jun 2009, 19:42

Latte,
Shy of you starting your own thread - which you really should do! - I will just post my compliments here on an excellent start to your newest story. I was delighted to see you posted today and look forward to further installments!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 27 Jun 2009, 20:23

ObsidianJade wrote:Latte,
Shy of you starting your own thread - which you really should do! - I will just post my compliments here on an excellent start to your newest story. I was delighted to see you posted today and look forward to further installments!

A big fat DITTO on all three counts! :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Return to Fanworks