tigerlily124's story

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Re: tigerlily124's story

Postby kygal » 07 Jun 2010, 15:40

What a hoot. Hope you got a good grade!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 07 Jun 2010, 17:08

A good grade??? I hope you got the highest grade in the class! That story is too, too, funny.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 11 Jun 2010, 08:21

Hello again!

How is everyone? I have a couple things to say. First of all TGIF!!!!! 8-) Secondly, the next chapter of 'Potential' is available to read. Thanks again to everyone who reviews the story - the comments are much appreciated. Work has been crazy lately, but I will try to keep uploading chapters on a weekly basis. Let me know what you think of the latest installment. Have a great weekend guys!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5900326/11/

:D
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby EHfan » 12 Jun 2010, 08:42

Hope your work calms down soon!

The last chapter was good - seems like Hood is getting close to finding out the truth.

I hope that Hood explains the science to Rachel in the next chapter - it got a little hard to follow at the end. Not a criticism! In the series I always needed Hood to explain things to Rachel - so you're being very true to the show.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 12 Jun 2010, 13:35

Enjoyed it very much. Seems Hood is getting close. Poor guy needs some rest. Cant wait to see what happens next!!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 12 Jun 2010, 21:03

Hello again! Thank you both for your reviews! No worries, Hood will explain things to Rachel in the next chapter - I just thought that I would wait for Rachel to be around before I explained things - I figured that made more sense. Either in the next chapter or the following one I think that the rest of the answer will materialize - and then I will have to come up with some way to reverse the disease. Either way, it should be interesting. Take care you guys!
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 14 Jun 2010, 07:42

Hello again,

I just thought that I would update everyone. I will be able to upload the next chapter on Thursday or Friday - I worked hard yesterday and finished chapter 12. I have been trying to run this particular chapter past a few people because it is definitely the most 'sciency' one yet. I was going to take the chapter further than it got, but I decided to break up the bulk of the science in two chapters. ;) I figured that there was more than enough to deal with here. Whew! I tried really hard to use analogies to make things clearer. I guess we'll all see later in the week. Anyway, prediction of scattered science storms ahead. I suggest private messaging and umbrellas.

p.s. EHfan, if you really want to know the paper I can send it your way :P !
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby EHfan » 14 Jun 2010, 10:39

Tiger,

Cool, it's a real paper? Yeah, I'd like to see it. Shoot me a PM and I'll send you my email address.

Glad to hear the next chapter is ready to go. I'm so looking forward to the resolution to this case. I hope you have a few more EH ideas percolating.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 14 Jun 2010, 10:54

I PM'ed you EHfan :D !
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 17 Jun 2010, 22:43

Happy Friday all (well almost). The next chapter of 'Potential' is up. This chapter will explain my choice of titles too. As I mention at the head of the chapter, it is a bit science heavy :geek: . Please PM me if you have any questions - I would much rather not leave people confused. Let me know what you all think! Enjoy :mrgreen: !
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5900326/12/
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby kygal » 18 Jun 2010, 04:46

TGIF. Really enjoyed this chapter. I love the science! It was easy to follow, especially with the explanation Rachel and the rest of us received. Love the mix of humor and science. Hope you will start another story once this one is solved!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 18 Jun 2010, 06:14

Agee with kygal - you did an excellent job of explaining the science. I'm looking forward to the resolution. And again agree with kygal, you need to start another story soon!

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 18 Jun 2010, 08:12

Wow, thank you guys! I was actually pretty worried about how clear this chapter was going to be. I tried to simplify everything, but the concepts are still a little difficult. The next chapters are going to be science heavy too (especially chapter 13). Now I need to explain how and why the virus was made, why it became infectious, and how it escaped. Oh yeah, and after that, I need to provide a fix for the whole thing. Ha! No worries, I already have a plan for most of that (I just haven't completely nailed down the treatment yet). Thank you both for your wonderful reviews and your support. TGIF indeed!
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 24 Jun 2010, 23:29

Hi guys!

The next chapter of 'Potential' is up. I really hope that you like it. Thanks to all of you who are reading - and especially to EHfan and kygal. :) . Have a great Friday all!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5900326/13/
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby EHfan » 25 Jun 2010, 18:57

Debbie,

An excellent chapter. You did a good job explaining the science, and there was a nice balance between it and general action. Good descriptions of people and places, I could 'see' what Rachel and Hood were seeing.

I liked the way you had Hood and Rachel both realizing that there was a second cat - that was very in character for them.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 25 Jun 2010, 21:16

Hey there Joyce! As always, thanks for reading! I think that this story is getting close to the finish. There are probably two or three more chapters. Actually, the descriptions of the outside of the NIGMS are based from photos of the actual building. As for the inside - well, I kind of had to improvise that one. I must say that I enjoyed the whole Sampson and Delilah scene. That was fun to write. I'm very glad that I haven't lost anyone on the science thus far. I have tried to be as plausible as possible - for instance, 'defective viruses' do in fact exist (and a lot of virologists are worried about the whole co-infection with two viruses at once). Thanks again! I always love reading your reviews. I am glad that you are enjoying reading the story. Have a great weekend!
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 01 Jul 2010, 22:58

Hey guys!

I am still working on the latest chapter. I will try to get that up as soon as possible, but just about everything possible has hit in the last week. A. I have a big science conference that I am attending in New Hampshire at the end of next week - and I still need to finish off the experiments - let alone the poster. B. I had to have some stitches to patch up a bit of a hole in one leg. And C. My work hours this week have been even crazier than usual - twice this week I didn't get off until 9:00 pm (including tonight). Yeah I know, enough of the excuses, make with the writing. I do have part of the next chapter written and I really think that this will be the last chapter. There will be an epilogue though in all probability. I am thinking that both chapters might be a bit shorter, but we'll see what happens. I am trying not to rush things at the finish. So sorry that I didn't quite make this week's timeline, but a lot of the readers appear to be on vacation anyway. I will be back with an update ASAP! Happy Fourth of July all of you in the US! :)
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby EHfan » 02 Jul 2010, 14:05

Tiger,

Well, sorry as I am not to have a new chapter today - you have my sympathy. I'm going to a conference myself next week, Denver, and I've been scrambling to get stuff done in prepartion for it. So, take your time, attend to real life and get the chapter done when you can. Don't forget, fanfics as supposed to be for fun! So don't worry about your publishing schedule.

As for B - geez, kiddo, take care of yourself. A 'kinda' hole in your leg. And C sucks also, hope things calm down for you soon.

Hope you have a great 4th. Are you going to Rhythm and Booms? I was in Wisc. last year for the 4th, but it was to cold and rainy for me.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 02 Jul 2010, 17:09

Hey Joyce,

Thanks for the note. Good luck on your conference also! I might get down to Rhythm and Booms - it's a pretty nice show and tomorrow is supposed to be clear and hot. No worries about the work schedule - I am hoping to finish up the urgent experiments on Sunday. As for taking my time with things, last night, I was working on the story at midnight and I decided that I might try to rush things too much if I kept writing then. I'll be back soon with an update! Happy 4th!!!!!
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby kygal » 03 Jul 2010, 15:49

Loved the last one. Hard to believe you are a couple of chapters away from the end...sniff...sniff. Sorry to hear about your leg...ouch! Cant wait for more!!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 05 Jul 2010, 23:51

Hi guys! I'm baaaaaaack! I have a new chapter for you guys. As mentioned at the front of the chapter, I probably won't be able to post the epilogue until after I get back from my conference (on the 16th). I hope that you enjoy. As always, thanks for reading!

Hey kygal! Thanks again for your reviews!!!! They make my day! Oh, and no worries about the leg - deliberate sympathy play :P . The stitches come out on Friday.

Cheers everyone!
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5900326/14/
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby kygal » 06 Jul 2010, 04:28

Have a great time at your conference. Maybe another idea for a new story will come out of it...haha! Enjoyed this chapter as well. Glad things are looking up for the team and the patients.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 06 Jul 2010, 05:54

Good chapter. Easy to follow and the solution is very elegant. I look forward to reading the epilogue.

Joyce

P.S. glad to hear that the stitches come out soon. Have a good time at your conference.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 06 Jul 2010, 08:05

Hello! Thanks again for your reviews! Wow, that was fast! I'm glad that you like the solution. As for Hood explaining to Rachel, yeah, I like how he does that in the series too. Thanks again for all of the compliments! I will try to post the epilogue as soon as I can. Have a great week!
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 20 Jul 2010, 00:09

Hello again! I'm back from my conference and, as promised, I have brought with me the epilogue to my story 'Potential' :shock: . I really, really appreciate everyone that has been reading and reviewing this and I ask all of those that haven't been reviewing to please let me know what you think too. Sorry to beg :oops: . I have really enjoyed writing this and interacting with you all. Happy reading everyone - I'll see you around 8-) !!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5900326/15/
tigerlily124
Preschooler

PreviousNext

Return to Fanworks