Numbatstuff

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Re: Numbatstuff

Postby rueful2 » 01 Oct 2010, 17:56

You are welcome to come here and moan if you want. That's what friends are for--to listen to your complaints so you can unburden yourself of them and get on with what you have (or want) to do. I think it's great that your stories take you places you haven't been expecting (and I know Joyce and Sarah have often said that about their own stories). That's how you know you've created real characters and situations, who won't always act in a sensible or preplanned way.

Anyway, I am quite prepared to love your story, no matter what direction it takes. But no pressure. ;)

And I have been writing mental fanfiction since I first saw Robert Wagner in It Takes A Thief. I was about 6. Don't worry, I'm sure it was quite innocent. But I refuse to commit to paper. I could never be done revising. Besides, since I'd be the Mary Sue heroine of every story, shoving Rachel aside to claim Jacob for myself, no one would be the least bit interested but me. :D
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby numbat » 02 Oct 2010, 09:30

Thanks rue!!!

Although, today i love my story!!!

I'm so fickle. Yesterday it was a stupid pile of crap. Today.... well today it's glorious!!!!

Kxx :lol:

(No, i'm not crazy........ well maybe just a little.........)
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby EHfan » 02 Oct 2010, 15:13

Kerry,

Glad to hear that you're loving it again. Hope that means you're close to finishing and will be posting soon. I'll be on the road again tomorrow and will need something to take away the boredom.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby numbat » 02 Oct 2010, 18:56

Have a safe trip Joyce.

Hopefully i will post it tonight my time which is what, morning your time isn't it?

Can't decide whether to split it into chapters though.

Up to 12,000 words, and it does have a few distinct scenes, but i just wonder whether people like reading chapters or prefer the story in one go. Do you think it keeps flowing better if it's not split into chapters??? Mmmmm, don't know........

And i'm thinking of calling it Rollercoaster because that's what it's been like writing it. This morning i still like it, but not quite as much as i did last night!!! (must have been the champagne :lol: )

Kxx
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby EHfan » 02 Oct 2010, 19:38

Kerry -

numbat wrote:must have been the champagne

Yes, in my opinion EVERYTHING is better with champagne.

As for the chapter thing - I think it is six of one, half a dozen of another. The only time I mind chapters is when the story never gets finished. So, do what seems best to you. If your story has separate parts that seem to work as chapters - go for it.

Yep, you're 12 hours ahead of me. So your Sunday night is Sunday morning for me.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby numbat » 03 Oct 2010, 05:03

Ok, so no champagne tonight!!!

But it's finished and posted and so i don't need to moan about it any more!!!

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6369970/1/The_Eternal_Rocks

And after you've read it, I'll tell you whether i still like it or not!!!

Kxx
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby EHfan » 03 Oct 2010, 09:45

Kerry,

How could you not love this story? It's freaking fabulous. First, you are a genius for figuring out how to get Rachel into that nurses uniform. Grownup Rachel, no, 16 year old Rachel, of course. Then you get to fulfill you own fantasy of a) having Rufus be Heathcliff b) Jacob in tight breeches and one of those long frock coats (a la Middlemarch) and c) having Sergei as a vampire. Loved it. Absolutely cracked up at the line "I could get you pregnant just looking at you."

And as hot as this story is, it's so much more. So romantic, to think that Rachel was his 'one that got away.' Sigh!!!!

Then the way you wrapped it into your current story arc. You are the clever girl. Claiming you were writing a totally random story and then just taking us a week or so in the future.

And, I do agree with you on one point - I think Rachel would have been one of the "bad girls" in high school, a reaction against her father. I remeber the scene in Eternal, where Rachel says she didn't go to her prom. She has a kind of smirk on her face, like she couldn't go to her prom, cause she was grounded.

Thanks for posting this - made my airport wait ever so much more enjoyable.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 04 Oct 2010, 05:14

I loved it. First thought it was going to be a Jacobless story. Then I thought a dream. Loved how you came back around full circle at the end. Yes very clever! Oh...did I mention enjoyable...funny and sexy! Just what the doctor...no... nurse ordered!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 04 Oct 2010, 05:49

Hi, Kerry. If you notice your reading statistics from the US were up yesterday, I'm afraid that might have been me. Every time I tried to read it, I was interrupted and had to click off that highly steamy reading material so the others around me didn't faint. I was as frustrated as Jacob in an alley (my new go-to metaphor for extreme frustration, by the way)!

Anyway, I finally was able to finish it and I loved it too! I have a horrendous day of work ahead of me so I can't get into detail yet, but I wanted to tell you that it was really great, since you seemed to be worried about our reactions (although I'm not sure why, for all the reasons Joyce and kygal named!!).

Also, thanks for including me as part of your very sweet dedication, which could have just as easily read, "chief whiner and nagger." :D
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby numbat » 04 Oct 2010, 08:42

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrr - just did a rather long and indepth reply, got called away to the phone and when i got back i was timed out before i got chance to post it!!! And now i don't have the inclination to write it all again!

Maybe i'll try again tomorrow.

So for now i just want to say how relieved i am that you enjoyed the story, and that you all seem to "get" what i was trying to achieve.

I did have a long and boring list of the things that tickled me when i was writing this, and the parallels between J & R now and then, and how much this just sings to the hopeless romantic that inhabits my soul, but it was probably a load of self indulgence and that's why the gods deemed that it should disappear without being posted.

Suffice to say, there ARE lots of little things that do make me smile about this story and maybe i'll discuss them tomorrow. I was surprised at how this turned out though, and for most of the time it felt like someone else was writing it, because i swear that the ideas in it are not all mine.

But anyhow, now they've just got back from their honeymoon, can i skip the whole wedding thing??? I was thinking that i could just continue the story from here!! :lol:

Kxx
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby kygal » 04 Oct 2010, 09:54

LOL. Not sure I will let you off that easy...still looking forward to the whole wedding and honeymoon thing!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 04 Oct 2010, 14:11

Kerry,

Yes, I definitely enjoyed the parallels between the young Jacob/Rachel and the current version. But I have to wonder, given the parallels, if the penny will drop eventually with Rachel? Or was she to drunk to remember much about that night? Other than the fantastic sex??? Or now that she is thinking about it again, will she think it's rather odd that Heathcliff called her his beautiful girl? Or that Jacob bit her neck during sex the same way Heathcliff did????

Again, completely disregarding the hotness factor - which was nice and high - that story did make me smile, a lot. It was sweet and romantic and funny. Jacob did have some great lines in this one. Loved the "note to self" bit. Very funny. But I've said it before and I'll say it again. The very best line in the whole thing "I could get you pregnant just looking at you." Well, yeah, you did Jacob. And you still claim it wasn't on purpose? HA!

So, go have some more champagne. You deserve it after giving us a treat like this.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 05 Oct 2010, 11:03

I'm also wondering if Rachel will figure it out. She's good at making connections. Or maybe she already has and is just playing with him. Maybe that can be another story. :D

I'd be interested to hear what you wanted to tell us before Kerry, if you feel like writing any of it out again.
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 06 Oct 2010, 06:38

rueful2 wrote:I'd be interested to hear what you wanted to tell us before Kerry, if you feel like writing any of it out again.

Me too! You know Kerry that I'm always interested in hearing/talking about your writing process. I'd love to know about why you made the choices you did.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby numbat » 30 Apr 2011, 03:22

Oh my lord - i cannot believe that i haven't posted here since LAST OCTOBER!!! Was it that long ago that i wrote The Eternal Rocks??? Most of you know from the RoofTop that i've had a bit of a miserable few months - nothing terribly bad that's happened to me personally, but just getting caught up in other people's tragedies. And i've stupidly done this thing where i decided that i don't have time to write until everything has been sorted out. Which just makes me even more miserable.

So I'd like to thank Joyce for having the fabulous idea of a Panic Button story - and for letting me so shamelessly steal it. I think it's given me a way to get my head back into EH space, and get back into the writing mode. And even though my house is looking decidedly unkempt right now, i'm much, much happier. I mean who couldn't be happy after picturing Jacob in (and out of) his fabulous undies!!!

So anyway, here it is - usual warnings, blah, blah. I know you lot will read it anyway, lol
http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6949169/1/Five_Minutes

BTW, i hope all of you are safe and well and not affected by those terrible tornados. How absolutely terrifying.
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby kygal » 30 Apr 2011, 03:50

Glad you are back! You know I loved it. Wedding next? Plan to order hubby some of those undies.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Previous

Return to Fanworks