EHfan's stuff

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Re: EHfan's stuff

Postby EHfan » 06 Oct 2010, 07:05

rueful2 wrote:What? No Heathcliff with fangs at your job?

Ok - true story - talking to one of the male faculty members about bow-ties. I say that they look stupid on any male over 5 and under 60. He says he loves bow-ties but had to stop wearing them. Why??? Because he's put on some weight, and he now wears regular ties so people can't see the buttons on his shirt gap. AGGGGGGG!!!!! These are the kind of men I work with. And then there's the one who always wore brown so he wouldn't have to worry about matching since everything was brown.

So, no, no Heathcliff's with or without fangs in my workplace.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 06 Oct 2010, 15:53

LOL Joyce, No Jacob Hood/Rufus Sewell look-a-likes at my work. Probably a good thing or I would not get work done! I work in a hospital so there are some fine looking men in nice suits and scrubs running around though.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 07 Oct 2010, 09:25

Sad to say there aren't really many Jacobs anywhere, are there? Then again, I'm no Rachel, so I guess I can't complain. :D

I agree with you completely about bow ties. Can I add turtlenecks to the list?
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 07 Oct 2010, 22:03

rueful2 wrote:Can I add turtlenecks to the list?

I hope you're only applying that to men, Rue... I wear turtlenecks from about November to March, :P

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 08 Oct 2010, 05:41

Oh, absolutely, feel free! :D

For some reason, men in turtlenecks (and only men) make me think of 70s fashions-- either a guy trying to be hip by wearing a turtleneck with big bell bottom plaid pants, a peace sign necklace, etc, or of a smarmy guy with a turtleneck and blazer, trying to seduce a woman with cheap champagne on a bearskin rug. (Neither of which I ever encountered in real life. I guess I've just watched too much bad tv!)
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 08 Oct 2010, 05:48

rueful2 wrote: men in turtlenecks (and only men) make me think of 70s fashions

Snort! Or that movie with Will Farrell, "Ron Burgundy: Anchorman.

But to be fair, Jacob was wearing a turtleneck at the end of Resurrection and he looked damned hot! But then again, Rufus looks damn hot in everything and is the exception that proves the rule. I bet he'd even look good in a bow-tie.

ummm. now have the picture of Rufus, champagne and a bearskin rug in my head. And you expect me to work today?????

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 08 Oct 2010, 05:53

EHfan wrote:But to be fair, Jacob was wearing a turtleneck at the end of Resurrection and he looked damned hot! But then again, Rufus looks damn hot in everything and is the exception that proves the rule. I bet he'd even look good in a bow-tie.

Correct. He even looks good in skirts and fishnets, and that is a look I would not recommend for 99.99% of men.

EHfan wrote:ummm. now have the picture of Rufus, champagne and a bearskin rug in my head. And you expect me to work today?????

LOL! Sorry. Channel those energies, Joyce. Channel them into a lovely story for us. ;)
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 09 Oct 2010, 05:56

Hahaha.....agree with both of you!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 29 Nov 2010, 15:05

Ok Rue - it's finally here, the story in which we find out what Jacob did to Felix in Sacramento! I gotta warn you though - you have to slog through the whole thing since it only comes up in the last chapter.

As I say in my author's notes, this story is a mash-up of some different story lines. First there was the "stunt" Jacob pulled in Sacramento. Then there were a couple of conversations I thought Jacob and Rachel needed to have. Sort of setting out the hows/whys of their relationship which began in Snow Day.

It kind of got away from me - a little longer than I anticipated. But, hope y'all enjoy it for all that.

Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6515822/1/Milk_Cow_Blues

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 29 Nov 2010, 19:21

YAY, YAY, YAY...was starting to have Jacob Hood withdrawl here! Thank you so much! Loved it! Had a little bit of everything I liked about the show....bantering, concern, humor, science and sex. Well the show did not get to the sex part... did it. Glad Rachel had the conversation with Jake at the end to make him feel more comfortable with their relationship. I know the age thing has been discussed, I always thought more like 7 because thats how much older my hubby is. I did not think it was to long...I took the time and ended up reading it all at once. The Felix part was hilarious.

May I suggest post "The Hospital" next? You probably want to kill me for asking for more after you just posted a 5 chap story , which must have taken a long time to finish...but I can never get enough of that Hood guy! Very well done and easy to read. Enjoyed your medical knowlege/research.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 30 Nov 2010, 06:43

kygal wrote:Enjoyed your medical knowlege/research.

This cracked me up. Yes, google is our friend. I'm glad you find the medical stuff plausible, I just cobble together random stuff I find at various websites..

kygal wrote:May I suggest post "The Hospital" next?

Maybe, I've got some "official, real-work" related writing I have to do in the next few weeks. But mabye I can surface for a holiday story.

Glad you enjoyed the story - and thanks for the great review on ff.net.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 13 Jan 2011, 11:07

Ok, you can look at this two ways. Either I am late in posting my Christmas story, or I am incredibly early in posting my Christmas story.

I had thought that having the week before Chrismas off I would have finished it before then. But I didn't. Then I had the week after Christmas off (mandatory work shut down) and I thougth I would surely finish by New Year's. But I didn't.

The only thing I can console myself with is that I did manage to finish AND post this one before the Orthodox New Year. So yes, it IS still the holdiay season for some people.

Enjoy.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6649802/1/O ... _Bethlehem

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 14 Jan 2011, 17:49

Very enjoyable. Loved the mix of science and sex.Fun to read. Really surprised you let Mason find out about their union...I did not expect that... but very glad he kept the secret...for now anyway. Great to read an EH fanfic...its been a dry spell.

Happy Birthday!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 16 Jan 2011, 16:43

Susan,

I'm glad you enjoyed the story and that I managed to surprise you! It just seemed right for Terrance to find out about them as he did. In my EH world, they've been together for a year now, and they're getting a little careless. But I have a feeling that Terrance will keep their secret.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 04 Feb 2011, 08:26

After reading MoonShadow2's response to the 50 world challenge, I decided to give it a try. It was surprisingly liberating. No plots, no planning, just reactions to a specific word. Hope y'all enjoy them.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6714371/1/Snippets

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 05 Feb 2011, 07:46

Very enjoyable to read. As with some I have read by others, there are some of these I wish would develope into a full fanfic. I could just hear some of these thoughts during some of the episodes. Need to pull out my EH dvd and give it some attention! Thanks for the inspiration!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 02 Apr 2011, 14:59

It's weird how this writing stuff works. I've been working on a fic for a little over a month now. It's almost done, but I'm not quite sure how to wrap it up. So, yeah, it's been on my mind for awhile. But then, for some strange reason, I woke up the other day with this story in my head.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6869536/1/Panic_Button

I guess that panic button scene in Resurrection always bugged me. I mean, the writers have Rachel rolling her eyes at Hood and turning away. That bugged me. You know that she couldn't do that. She has to get him back to his room, deal with the door, all kinds of crap. So, like I said, this one was in my head and when I started writing it, it just came out.

Hope y'all enjoy it.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 03 Apr 2011, 07:25

Now that I think about it, you are right. Rachel would never have left him at the bar, especailly in that first episode. In later eps ,she seem to give him more space. I always wondered in Pinnochio why she let him go alone to talk to the kids father (if I am thinking of the correct episode) . That never made sense to me.

Loved your continuation of this story. So true to both characters! I can just see them both reacting like they did. Theres been a little dry spell with the EH fics, so I was thrilled to see and read a new one. Not that I am hinting, because I think there have been some fics written about h2o, but I always wondered what happened after Hood collapsed. She mentioned the next day that he had a rough night. Did he sleep or was he still a bit wild and restless? There are lots of conversations and scenes I wish would have lasted longer.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 03 Apr 2011, 11:14

Thanks, I'm glad you enjoyed it. Yeah, Rachel at that point in their relationship would have kicked his butt big time for going off on his own. Which brings up that scene you're talking about. I know, when I first saw it, my reaction was What??? I mean, I could accept it in Titans when Rachel took off with the security guy, since Hood was established in the lab, which was a secure place, and he wasn't going to be moving around any time soon. But in that scene - Hood: "I'm going off on some undisclosed errand to some undisclosed place, and I'm not quite sure when I'll be back." Rachel: "Oh, ok." It made no sense whatsoever.

I know what you mean about the dry spell. Moonshadow seems to write at a glacier-like pace and Kerry has been AWOL with real-life problems. Hope she can get back to writing soon, I miss her stories. If it's any consolation, I've got one in the works that I'm hoping to post within the next two weeks. Of course you could always try your hand yourself! That's how I started.

And, my condolences on your loss last night. I'll root for UConn for you. I've always felt if my team can't win, I should at least root for the team that beat them.

BTW - heard from Phyllis, she's moved from San Fran and is now back in Ohio and very happy with the change.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 04 Apr 2011, 05:41

Never been a creative person who could write. I do have some stories in my head but thats as far as they go. Prefer to leave that to others. Great to hear about Phyllis! Hope Numbat is back soon...we need that wedding! Really, I hope life has settled down for her. Looking forward to your next story, they are always a treat.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 04 Apr 2011, 08:14

kygal wrote:Never been a creative person who could write. I do have some stories in my head but thats as far as they go.

Ah, but that's how it starts! Trust me, a year ago, I said the same thing, I'm not a creative person, there's no way I could write a story. But the stuff in my head leaked out onto paper and I kinda liked it.

But I also have to say, you've piqued my interest in "missing scenes." I'm gonna have to have an EH day soon as I do have one in my head that would do nicely for Pinocchio. It wouldn't fit at all into the arc of stories I have, but as a missing scene? Hmmm. Maybe.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 04 Apr 2011, 16:08

Love the story arcs, but missing scenes are fun also. Always wonder what happens between point A and point B sometimes. Lots of potential there!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby numbat » 30 Apr 2011, 03:38

I agree, there is a lot of potential in missing scenes - and i guess once you've taken the characters wherever they can go in your main story arc, it's fun to go back and write that kind of thing. And a little bit easier too in a way, because you're not setting up the whole scene yourself - just piggybacking on what already exists.

I've finally be able to read your Panic Button story Joyce, and i think it's really cool to pick the same scene and all of us write about it at the same time. Really interesting to see what different people do with the same framework. BTW i thought yours was fabulous. I like Jacob having to obediently do what he was told. I can see him following her meekly down the hallway to her room. ROFL.

Susan, i've said before that i hadn't written anything since high school until i wrote my first thing on the Rooftop (my first T&I piece "Truth") followed by A Warm Weekend. If you have all these great ideas in your head, i think you should just have a go at translating them onto paper. It's really not that hard you know, and it does your soul the world of good!!!
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby EHfan » 20 May 2011, 14:50

Ok - have posted another of my "flashback" Jacob/Rachel stories. This one is set after "Flesh" as Rachel refrences something from that episode. I would say this one is shortly before Felix joined the team.

It's here: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/7007263/1/Bad_Blood

And Sarah - I mention your favorite kink! So you'll have to read it!

Next up - I loved the idea Numbat floated about doing a missing scene type fic for each episode. Someone from the Rooftop already did one for "Cardiac" so I think I'll tackle that next.

Oh - almost forgot. I got a PM from someone who wanted to read my stories in chronological order, not the order in which I wrote them. If you were curious about my J/R timeline, I've listed them out as I see them happening in my ff.net profile.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 20 May 2011, 17:27

Loved it! I really did not have time to read this tonight but once I started I could not stop! Enjoyed the mix of science and their secret thoughts about each other. It was fun and interesting...just like the series. I am impressed that you research your topics for these fics. Not everyone does that. I know things can be "googled", but you pull it all together for a credible story! That takes some work! Cant wait to see what you do with H2O..hint..hint..hint!
kygal
Middle Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to Fanworks