EHfan's stuff

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

EHfan's stuff

Postby EHfan » 22 Jan 2010, 17:18

OK, so I finally got tired of waiting for my fav EH writers to post more, so I tried my hand at a fic.

Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5686694/1/Snow_Day

Kygal - glad you enjoyed it.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Re: EHfan's stuff

Postby ObsidianJade » 22 Jan 2010, 18:31

Too sweet!

And having been stuck in that selfsame snowstorm (What do you mean five days to plough the road?!) makes Rachel's reactions so much more amusing. I hope to see more of your work in the very near future!

As for mine... (glares at RDBH, which is still gnawing on the stray edges of her soul) ...it may take a while, Image

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 22 Jan 2010, 19:54

Glad you enjoyed the story. I've had that plot kicking around in my head since the storm. I couldn't figure out a way to get them stuck together unitl I had a 'duh' moment. Of course, Rachel has drive Hood around when they're in DC, not just when thry're on the road.

I have some other ideas, but getting them into manageable, writeable chunks is the problem. I want to try a case based story, still looking for a good hook.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 22 Jan 2010, 21:34

Much as I can't believe I'm suggesting this.... The CBS boards had a thread for 'What did you want to see on the show?', where you could leave suggestions on 'Controversial Science' that you wanted scripted in. (It escaped nobody's notice that several of those suggestions actually did make it to air...) But there's a lot of good thoughts still there that never got picked up, so you might find some inspiration.

http://www.cbs.com/forum/posts/list/24226.page

(Admittedly the thread goes *completely* of topic after about page five, but there's still a few good ideas in the earlier section.)

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 23 Jan 2010, 06:48

With the chemistry of Hood and Rachel...I think most EH fans would like to see them take their relationship to the next level -at some point during the series- and become a couple. I know I would. Maybe in a season three or so. I do think they would keep it a secret as in your story. Would be interesting to see how this changes their professional relationship...if at all. It would be a fun "side bar" to the cases they are investigating. So much potential!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 30 Jan 2010, 19:29

Ok, to keep me motivated to actually finish this thing. I'm currently stuck in Chicago, snow in VA cancelled my flight home. (Unfortunately, unlike Rachel, I'm snowed in alone!) So to pass the time and boredom (hey, it was supposed to be a one day trip - didn't pack any good reading material) I started on another EH fic.

Now that you all know about it, I will be to embarassed to not finish. With luck, or maybe with bad luck, depends on how stuck I still am tomorrow, it should be done in about a week.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 30 Jan 2010, 19:36

Sorry to say (well, not sorry because it means we may get the story faster, but sorry for your sake, stuck in what is no doubt a very cold Chicago!), you may be there a while. This snowstorm was nearly as bad as the last one; I think we wound up with 18 - 20 inches. Again. :x

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 31 Jan 2010, 06:43

Sorry about the snow...but glad it gives us another fanfic from Joyce. And Jade...nothing for you to do in 20 inches of snow but to write as well...ha ha. We only got about 4-5 inches..but it seems to shut the town down! They say only 50 days until spring!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 31 Jan 2010, 09:31

Going on vaca in Florida in three weeks and it's not soon enough, :lol:

Even Route 29 was snowed over yesterday, VDoT couldn't keep it clear. We live on a dead-end road, so we had to plough ourselves out - otherwise we'd have been waiting a week for responsible gov't parties to do it, :roll:

Wow, snow brings out my bitchy side.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 31 Jan 2010, 16:23

I'm still in Philadelphia! As of right now, I have officially been on the road for 11 hours! Yes! On a trip that normally takes 2! Thank God for 2 things, the random placement of plugs in the gate area (I travel with a netbook, so not a great battery) and free wifi in the Philly airport.

On the bad side, the whole FREAKING DAY! I've had one "adventure" after another. Including, but not limited too, temporaily losing said netbook.

On the good side, 6 pages and sex in the shower for Jacob and Rachel.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 31 Jan 2010, 16:25

OMG...Cant wait!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 31 Jan 2010, 16:26

'May you live in interesting times' is indeed the most potent curse ever invented, :lol:

Ooh, shower sex. Nummy!

My fanfiction for today involved a partridge in a pear tree.

No, seriously. A partridge in a pear tree.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 01 Feb 2010, 18:26

And a very nice partridge in a pear tree it was!

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 01 Feb 2010, 19:06

:oops: :lol: Thanks.

I like the visual of the statue, wish I had one like it - sadly, I don't know if it actually exists, and I don't think I could afford it if it did.

At least I own it in my brain, :D

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 14 Feb 2010, 18:34

Hey -

Finished the story I began on my last ill-fated trip to Chicago.

Here's the link: http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5745539/1/C ... a_Dreaming

Hope y'all in enjoy it.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 15 Feb 2010, 05:47

Darn...I have to go to work. I will have a treat when I get home in reading this. Will think about that at work today...lol!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 15 Feb 2010, 17:29

Joyce...I loved it! I really hope you continue with this story-line...cant wait for the next chapter!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 15 Feb 2010, 18:59

kygal,

Glad you enjoyed it. Not sure when the next story will be. Then again, I have to go to Chicago again this weekend. Anyone read a weather report???

I have a few ideas I'm kicking around - Sarah, you're tip about the forum at the CBS site was helpful. I've also gotten some ideas from Jacob's former colleagues, as it were. I surfed the web site of the Department of Applied Physics at Stanford (yes, it really exists and it is where Hood would have taught). The faculty webpages give a taste of the kind of work they do. That and Google raise some interesting possibilites.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 15 Feb 2010, 19:21

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USIL0225 Light snow showers on Saturday, but it shouldn't be enough to case delays. You'll probably want to recheck closer to the date, though; weather forecasts have an unfortunate habit of changing frequently.

I'm glad my tip helped!

And the fact that the Dept. of Applied Physics actually exists is wicked cool. I'd always assumed that, like so much else in television, it was simply writer's fancy. Then again.... EH does tend to hit a little closer to the truth than your average brainrot, doesn't it....

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby anefica » 15 Feb 2010, 19:42

I love the story, hopefully continue with plans for marriage between Jacob and Rachel

Greetings to fans of the series

Anefica :D
anefica
Preschooler

Postby rueful2 » 18 Feb 2010, 08:15

Wonderful! Thanks for keeping our EH spirits up with new stories. Hope you have a safe, enjoyable trip. (There's still snow piled everywhere, but supposedly no more snow this weekend unless you're in the south part of the city, and even then only a dusting. Gonna be cold though.)
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 18 Feb 2010, 20:22

Rue,

Glad you liked the story. And yes, I've packed my woolies for the trip! And I'm expecting some snow - it always snows when I go to Chicago in February.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 21 Feb 2010, 09:52

Need a favor guys - someone from FF.net sent me a note to say that when she opens California Dreaming, the formating is off. BUT she wasn't specific. Has anyone here (esp. if you are outside the US) had the same problem? It looks/reads fine when I open it, but would like to fix it if needed.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby Sternchan » 21 Feb 2010, 10:08

Hi
I just opened it and I don't see any problem. It looks normal to me.
The show must go on
Sternchan
Preschooler

Postby EHfan » 21 Feb 2010, 11:13

Thanks Sternchan, appreciate your taking the time to check.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Next

Return to Fanworks