OzFan's Fics

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

OzFan's Fics

Postby OzFan » 18 Jan 2010, 06:56

It seems a little weird to start a thread on just one fic, but ObsidianJade recommends it so . . 8-)

First fic, of hopefully many EH ones is Memories

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5660729/1/Memories

I've also written other stuff for Doctor Who, Stargate, X-Men and Star Wars parodies, also the occassional one for X-Files, Due South . . . I'm fickle I can't commit to a show. I write as Tanba Josav in FFnet.

Oh I have a bit of a tongue in cheek EH bunny brewing called 'Jacob Hood's Reject Club'. I thought it would be fun to see how some of Jacob's other handlers felt about the job.

Does anyone have some good ideas for how Jacob might have scared some minders away? What sort of tactics he might have used? Looking back on Resurrection (and I now can I have the DVDs!) you have to wonder if the panic button in the back pocket might be one such tactic. :lol:
OzFan
Preschooler

Re: OzFan's Fics

Postby ObsidianJade » 18 Jan 2010, 07:35

Oh, Reject Club sounds brilliant!

As for Hood... well, he's a genius with access to unstable chemicals. (That line was a challenge, somewhere, either Naruto or Bleach...? I can't remember where...)

So he could cause any number of small explosions, peculiar color-changes, nausea-inducing fumes, etc. Or he could just wave monkey brains at them; I'm sure that could account for at least one of the handlers, :lol:

Those FBI types are tough, yanno. I don't think the button-in -the-pocket thing would get rid of them... at least not the first twelve times. But Hood is persistent, isn't he? Hmm, I wonder how many of them he hauled out of the shower with that trick...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 18 Jan 2010, 10:45

I think it would be subtler, more like making it impossible for them to do the job properly. Remember the "waving the arms" scene in Resurection? Things like that, not using the proper code names, not staying put when told to do so, ignoring them when they talk, and refusing to follow their directions/suggestions. I'd be willing to bet in season 2 we would have found out that Hood began calling Rachel by her first name primarily as a means of annoying her.

Yeah, those FBI guys are tough, but they are used to being listened too. I think it would be incredibly frustrating to be given the job of protecting someone who is a) a high priority asset and b) a personal friend of the director and then having said person totally blow you off. I think the primary feeling of the rejects would be "he's gonna get himself killed and they're gonna say it's my fault, I gotta get out of here."

The time he decided to confront a suspect who had a known violent past. The time he insisted on speaking at a conference where security was impossible. The time he just wandered away in the crowd and I couldn't find him for half and hour. The time he left his room by himself, again, and almost got picked up by a hooker in the hotel bar. Those sort of things. The kind of things that on their face aren't sooo unreasonable, but would drive a bodyguard nuts.

Although, I gotta say Sarah, I had to snicker at the idea of Hood hauling various handlers from the shower with the panic button trick. So maybe he would try a few dirty tricks. I can see him making them submit to a few of his experiments.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 18 Jan 2010, 13:06

I agree with Joyce that Hood is difficult to "handle" because he does not always listen to or follow directions. He is not being mean spirited...just being Hood and trying to help. He is a very smart man but could be lacking in common sense and sensing danger. I could see him also doing things Jade suggested just out of bordom in a hotel room...we all know he does not sleep much!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 18 Jan 2010, 14:01

kygal wrote:I agree with Joyce that Hood is difficult to "handle" because he does not always listen to or follow directions.

Exactly! Hood would be impatient with procedures he couldn't see the point of or thought unnecessary.

kygal wrote:I could see him also doing things Jade suggested just out of bordom in a hotel room...

Again, exactly! The man does have a wicked sense of humor. I can easily see Hood deciding to have a little 'fun' with these FBI types who are tying to make his life miserable (by his lights).

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 18 Jan 2010, 14:19

Ok...someone get started on one of these fun stories!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby OzFan » 20 Jan 2010, 06:24

kygal wrote:Ok...someone get started on one of these fun stories!

Yes, sah!

*puts on apron and big poncy chef hat. Fills a pot with water and puts it on the stove. Adds a dollop of suggestions and a splash of ideas and sets it to simmer*

Now where is that plot bunny?
OzFan
Preschooler

Postby rueful2 » 21 Jan 2010, 11:36

Fantastic first story, OzFan! Thanks for sharing it. I'm looking forward to more, especially his torture of previous handlers. ;)
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby jrzgrl11 » 25 Jan 2010, 16:36

I really enjoyed this piece OzFan. I've imagined Hood spending lots of time with his wedding vid's,too. Looking for solace but keeping old wounds open. Also, its an easy thing to do when you're half sozzled and feeling sorry for yourself. Great banter! Please continue soon.

Thanks, Alison
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Postby OzFan » 07 Feb 2010, 07:34

Slight delay with the Reject Club because some little angst plot bunny won't leave me alone *glares at bunny sitting on her foot*

You just can't write humour when all you want to do is make some character miserable. :roll:
OzFan
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 07 Feb 2010, 09:28

Actually, I've done that. Made characters miserable to the great amusement of other characters, I mean. Time-honored crack plot. Works great in anime; probably not so suitable for EH, though, :lol:

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby OzFan » 21 Mar 2010, 07:13

Sorry I've fallen off the planet. I've been fixating on my first love, Doctor Who, for a little while and probably won't get it out of my system until the end of the newest season. Which starts in April. I know, I know rubbing it in new season and all. But I was in the wilderness with DW for quite a few years, so I know how it feels.

But I still have two EH ideas bouncing around my noggin and will do my best to get them written down when I can.

On a complete side note I saw that the first story in Doctor Who's new season is called Eleventh Hour. Coincidence much? :o
OzFan
Preschooler

Postby OzFan » 29 Mar 2010, 03:11

Well thanks to an inspiration boost (ala Jacob Hood appearing in a dream) I've almost finished my slightly angst ridden fic and was wondering if someone would kindly run an eye over it to see if it makes any sense.

Unlike Memories which flowed like it was writing itself this one was a bit like pulling teeth in places and I worry that it doesn't flow. So any chance for a volunteer?
OzFan
Preschooler

Postby numbat » 29 Mar 2010, 23:56

Hey Ozfan,

I've just posted my slightly angst ridden Jacob based fic, so i'd be happy to have a look at yours!!

Can't guarantee that i'll be of much help as i'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to this writing lark, but i'll have a go. Can you PM it to me on this board or do you need my email?

Looking forward to reading it!
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby OzFan » 30 Mar 2010, 07:13

numbat wrote:Hey Ozfan,

I've just posted my slightly angst ridden Jacob based fic, so i'd be happy to have a look at yours!!

Can't guarantee that i'll be of much help as i'm a bit of an amateur when it comes to this writing lark, but i'll have a go. Can you PM it to me on this board or do you need my email?

Looking forward to reading it!

Thanks, Numbat, I'll PM you.

I just would like someone to run an eye over it and tell me it all makes sense. I've been staring at it for too long. :lol:
OzFan
Preschooler

Postby OzFan » 31 Mar 2010, 07:45

Thanks to Numbat and EHfan who helped me out with a look over my story, I have posted in FFNet my latest 'There But for the Grace of God'.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5857469/1/There_But_for_the_Grace_of_God

Hopefully that's gotten any angsty-ness out of my system so I can try and write Reject Club. :)
OzFan
Preschooler

Postby numbat » 31 Mar 2010, 08:13

As i said in the PM, i really enjoyed this. I like the idea of doing a new take on an existing episode and you did it well. I was getting worried when he put her down though!!!

And i liked that Joyce helped you get rid of your Australianisms (because i wouldn't be any help to you there!). Now i'm worried that my stories have Australianisms too! I did have a conversation with rueful about singlets once and we decided that Jacob should go shirtless because it all just got too hard!!! :lol:
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 31 Mar 2010, 08:58

Angst is "enjoyable" when it's as good as your story, OzFan. I'm glad you've been able to get it out on paper and share it with the rest of us. Looking forward to Reject Club!
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 31 Mar 2010, 09:48

Loved, loved, loved the line just after Rachel asks Jacob to do something for her "answer your phone." A very clever way to indicate that this was all a dream. Or more properly, a nightmare!

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby OzFan » 31 Mar 2010, 18:30

numbat wrote:As i said in the PM, i really enjoyed this. I like the idea of doing a new take on an existing episode and you did it well. I was getting worried when he put her down though!!!

And i liked that Joyce helped you get rid of your Australianisms (because i wouldn't be any help to you there!). Now i'm worried that my stories have Australianisms too! I did have a conversation with rueful about singlets once and we decided that Jacob should go shirtless because it all just got too hard!!! :lol:

Any excuse to get Jacob's shirt off! :lol:

Ha, I just knew with a name like that you had to be from my neck of the woods! 8-)

Put her down, yeah maybe a poor choice of words that. I need a little help with the translations sometimes, a friend once had to point out to me in an Xmen fic that, no, they aren't called petrol stations they're gas stations.
OzFan
Preschooler

Postby OzFan » 31 Mar 2010, 18:34

Thank you Rueful and EHfan, yeah I like to play with people's perceptions sometimes. Always been a sucker for the last minute twist in the tale.

Now I need to get into silly/humour mode. I love writing humour.
OzFan
Preschooler

Postby kygal » 04 Apr 2010, 06:54

Oz, I enjoyed this very much!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Return to Fanworks