Challenges/Requests

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Challenges/Requests

Postby ObsidianJade » 30 Nov 2009, 18:12

Hey guys,

Another random thread courtesy of Yours Truly. This one, oddly enough, has a point.

Have an idea or a request for a fanfiction you'd like to see done? Need a co-author, or are you an author in search of a little bit of inspiration?

This thread is designed for those exact purposes! This is where you come to post requests and challenges that can be taken up by any or all authors (if you want it done by a specific person, try their thread first), and authors, new and practiced, can find inspiration here.

As thread creator, I take the liberty of issuing the first (fifty) challenges, by giving you the LiveJournal Fifty Sentences Challenge - using the one-word prompts, write a series of fifty sentences. Harder than it sounds, but excellent practice, and you'd be amazed what you can come up with. My version of it is here, http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5540611/1/Snapshots, and the challenges are as follows:

#01 Comfort
#02 Kiss
#03 Soft
#04 Pain
#05 Potatoes
#06 Rain
#07 Chocolate
#08 Happiness
#09 Telephone
#10 Ears
#11 Name
#12 Sensual
#13 Death
#14 Sex
#15 Touch
#16 Weakness
#17 Tears
#18 Speed
#19 Wind
#20 Freedom
#21 Life
#22 Jealousy
#23 Hands
#24 Taste
#25 Devotion
#26 Forever
#27 Blood
#28 Sickness
#29 Melody
#30 Star
#31 Home
#32 Confusion
#33 Fear
#34 Lightning/Thunder
#35 Bonds
#36 Market
#37 Technology
#38 Gift
#39 Smile
#40 Innocence
#41 Completion
#42 Clouds
#43 Sky
#44 Heaven
#45 Hell
#46 Sun
#47 Moon
#48 Waves
#49 Hair
#50 - Supernova
New author or old hand, give it a shot! If you're just starting out, take five or ten - if you're a practiced author, heck, take 'em all! (Everyone BUT Nikki, that is. Nikki, you have other things to be working on. We're all expecting that smut for Christmas. This Christmas, that is.)

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Re: Challenges/Requests

Postby kygal » 01 Dec 2009, 16:44

I cant write at all and I love all the fanfic. I am amazed at how talented you guys are. I do have daydream stories of what I would have liked to see on season 2. Not much to do with the science part and all would take place with Rachel content with her job and both having some feelings they have kept to themselves. But here are a couple of ideas I have for some light stories if anyone wants to take a shot.

Rachel looking forward to a weekend off to ski with some girlfriends until Hood wakes her in the night with abdominal pain and a fever. Has to have an emergency appendectomy and she is stuck to care for him. He acts and says some things under the influence of meds and fever. Thought this would be fun as he is difficult to deal with.

My family are sports freaks. Thought it would be a fun story for Rachel to ask Hood to fill in for the FBI flag football team or softball team..everyone including Rachel are surprised at how athletic and competative he is...they all go to a bar to celebrate...get drunk and what happens next?
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby jrzgrl11 » 15 Dec 2009, 16:27

Seeing as its the holiday season, lately I've been musing about what Hood and Rachel might give each other for Christmas.Or maybe for two Christmases. The first taking place shortly after they started working together, the second after they've had a year to get to know each other and have feelings for each other.
Postings could be as short as he gives her ____; she gives him____ .The more writerly among us could do a longer piece if they wanted to. In the generous mood that this holiday inspires I'd like to think of this as more of a shared entertainment than a challenge. So...

I think on their first Christmas together Rachel and Hood would still be feeling each other out; trying to get used to each others annoying habits,etc. I think Rachel might give Hood a very realistic looking cap pistol (since he's always complaining about her using her pistol at the least provocation).
Also, to be nice she'd give him a plate of her killer Christmas cookies.
I think he might give her a t-shirt that say's "I'm with stupid" with an arrow pointing to the person next to you. This would be his attempt to acknowledge that he almost killed that guy at the cryogenics lab when he tried to sneak up on the bad guy. He's finally realizing that being a field agent is harder than it looks. Duh.
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Postby kygal » 15 Dec 2009, 16:54

LOL...I like. Will have to think about this though.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 16 Dec 2009, 07:15

For their first Christmas together:

Jacob gives her a box of licorice or maybe one of those canisters of popcorn since she is so fond of junk food.

Rachel doesn't give him anything since a) she's still pissed that she's been pulled off her dream job in counter-terrorism (see: Surge) and is now assigned to him and b) she thinks it would be unprofessional to give him a gift, he's her assignment.

Second Christmas:

Jacob give her a gold chain necklace with a small replica of an atom hanging from it.

Rachel gives him a SpongeBob SquarePants DVD.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 16 Dec 2009, 21:08

Heh, I kinda took this one and ran with it, a little.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5087705/7/

Painfully short, but hopefully it came out all right? Thanks for the challenge, jrz!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby jrzgrl11 » 18 Dec 2009, 12:55

Love the way you run, Jade. Thanks for the dedication and sorry about the angst. I'm there too, but hopefully a white Christmas will work its magic.Or maybe some well spiked egg nog will do the trick.
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 18 Dec 2009, 14:10

(laughs) Hey, I can ignore the angst. That's why I didn't go beyond four years, I didn't have to think too hard on it and give it form, so it's all good. Glad you liked it!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby jrzgrl11 » 23 Dec 2009, 07:28

Here's my longish take on Rachel's Christmas gift - second year of course.

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5601547/1/R ... as_present
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Postby EHfan » 23 Dec 2009, 10:44

Left a review over at ff.net, but wanted to tell you again how much I enjoyed the story. I agree wtih you that Rachel is the pearl kind of girl - simple and elegant, much like the necklaces she wore in the series.

I'm looking forward to the companion piece.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 23 Dec 2009, 16:18

Loved it!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby jrzgrl11 » 26 Dec 2009, 10:25

Thanks EHfan and kygal; Praise is encouragement and I hope to finish Hood's side soon. Hope everyone's holidays are happy.
jrzgrl11
Preschooler

Postby EHfan » 26 Dec 2009, 18:01

jrzgrl11 -

No thanks needed! My thanks to YOU for providing such an entertaining story. Very intriguing. Will the companion piece answer some of the questions this one raises? Or will it be like you dream stories - independent of each other? Either way, I'm looking forward to the next one.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 05 Jan 2010, 17:04

Easy for me to say since I dont contribute...but we need some 2010 EH fanfics!!!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 05 Jan 2010, 17:30

I'm still buried under RDBH... I'm *going* to be done with that within the month, though, and I can get back to EH fics... soon. Really. (kicks RDBH's unwieldy 30k word-butt)

Any Bleach fans in the crowd? I'd love to get some preliminary feedback on this mess.... :roll:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 05 Jan 2010, 19:16

What is Bleach? (I guess that answers your question, doesn't it?)

Kygal, I'm also pushing for new stories, though I won't write any. Somebody has to be the reader, don't they?
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 05 Jan 2010, 19:52

Bleach is a manga/anime series by a gifted mangaka named Tite Kubo. You can read the manga online here http://www.onemanga.com/Bleach/ and most of the episodes are available on YouTube.

The general premise of the series begins with a teenage boy who can see ghosts, and one night is given the powers of a Shinigami - a Soul Reaper, (literally, a Death God. Think Grim Reaper, except easier on the eyes)

It's a very engrossing series with a cast of... well, many. I have five OTPs for this series alone, and another half-dozen pairings that I toy with. Amazingly, I can fit most of them in 30k words... :roll:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 05 Jan 2010, 19:56

Well, as long as you can keep it short....
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 06 Jan 2010, 06:33

Rue, I can't keep *anything* short. I'm quite possibly the most verbose writer on the face of the planet.

Okay, I lie, the stuff I write for MiH is short. But it's also one-shots and near-drabbles and it's not actually doing development as such, it's just captured moments. RDBH is a massive sweep of character development and drama and romance and oy, I have a headache.

As I said earlier, though, I'd love a run-by reader for this (not a Beta, I catch most of my own grammar mistakes - just someone to give me an initial opinion on it). So if anyone here does know Bleach, and you're looking for a small novel to pass the time...?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 05 Apr 2011, 05:30

A new fic challenge - I'm sure we all have our own ideas of what happened in at the end of the panic button scene in Ressurection - heck - I posted mine over at ff.net. So, why don't y'all take a crack at it? What do YOU think happened? Did Rachel just go back to bed??? Did Hood have the grace to apologize??? What happened???

So, get to thinking and writing and let us see what you come up with.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 06 Apr 2011, 15:54

Great idea, but it terrifies me. Not much of a writer at all. May give it a try. I do have lots of story ideas if anyone needs one.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby numbat » 30 Apr 2011, 03:02

"May give it a try"
Yes Susan!!! Yes, yes yes (just trying to be encouraging, lol)

Posted my Panic Button story called "Five Minutes" at ff.net. Thought it might be a good way to get my head back into EH space. Although maybe that's not a good thing!!!

I hadn't read this thread before - i must say i quite like kygal's idea of the softball game. Especially the getting drunk afterwards part. That sounds just up my alley. Maybe that's where Jacob could finally get lucky - coz he's never had much luck in alleys before!!!
numbat
Grade Schooler

Postby kygal » 04 May 2011, 04:46

Go for it Numbat! I would love for you to write it!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 08 May 2011, 17:03

numbat wrote:"I hadn't read this thread before - i must say i quite like kygal's idea of the softball game. Especially the getting drunk afterwards part. That sounds just up my alley. Maybe that's where Jacob could finally get lucky - coz he's never had much luck in alleys before!!!

I see this one a little different - Jacob is playing under protest, only becasue Rachel tricked him into it. He gets hurt (sprained ankle or something) and decides to self-medicate as it were. Rachel ends up with a drunken and amorous Jacob on her hands.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 08 May 2011, 20:04

EHfan wrote: I see this one a little different - Jacob is playing under protest, only becasue Rachel tricked him into it. He gets hurt (sprained ankle or something) and decides to self-medicate as it were. Rachel ends up with a drunken and amorous Jacob on her hands.

Niiiice!
luvinx
High Schooler

Next

Return to Fanworks