ObsidianJade's Stories

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Re: ObsidianJade's Stories

Postby EHfan » 04 Feb 2012, 17:15

Ooook, I supposed if I understood twitter I would understand the significance of this. What the hell is a re-tweet?
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 04 Feb 2012, 21:47

It's mostly significant because it means Richie talked to me. Just a little, but still.

As for an RT, you can do one a couple of ways. If I make a tweet - which is usually a snarky/goofy comment (depending on the amount of sleep I haven't had) people have the ability to search the tweet out if they don't follow me, depending on key words I've used, or if they do follow me, they see it automatically. If they particularly like what I happened to say, there's a button under where they see the tweet that they can hit to 'retweet' my comment, so that it will show up in their timeline for their followers to see.

The other way you can retweet someone is to copy and paste their comment and add your own remarks to the end of it. Since I'm *still* reeling over the fact Richie gave me an RT, I'll break it down a little. By starting off your tweet with someone's Twitter address, you make sure the tweet goes directly to them. It won't show up to people who follow you unless they also follow the person it's directed to, so it's semi-private.

The tweet I sent Richie was '@TheRealSambora I really am perpetually invisible, aren't I?'

When doing a Copy&Paste retweet, you add the name of the person who originally tweeted it, both to give them credit and to make sure that they can see you've retweeted it. “@LostInHeadSpace: @TheRealSambora I really am perpetually invisible, aren't I?” not anymore!

The quotation marks are there to ensure it's not a 'directed' tweet, so that all of his followers can see his comment. Richie has been doing Q&A/shoutout sessions on weeknights, lots of fans begging for him to say hi, answer questions, or otherwise acknowledge their existence, myself included. He's got about 6k followers and climbing, so getting a reply from him is pretty awesome.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 05 Feb 2012, 11:32

Now that you've explained it properly to a luddilte like myself, yes, that was pretty damn cool.

So, how else is life? Still crazy busy?
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 05 Feb 2012, 16:04

*laughs* Hey, I've been through the learning curve, too. I had to pester Nikki a few (dozen) times to learn how to navigate it properly back when I started, but now I'm teaching my Mom.

Pretty busy, yeah. But I'm leaving my job at the kennel at the end of the month and heading to the barn full-time, which is going to be a big improvement in a lot of ways. I am actually working on my writing; not as much as I'd like, but certainly more than I was for the better part of last year, and knowing I won't have to be dragging myself out of bed before dawn after February 29th has certainly improved my overall outlook on life.

How about you?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 08 Feb 2012, 22:39

FINALLY saw New Year's Eve. Adored it. Not exactly Oscar material there, but it's so fluffy I wanted to pet it.

Although I'm going absolutely nuts trying to find out who designed the jacket Jon wore. It looks like it might be one of Richie's, but Google won't tell me............

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 09 Feb 2012, 05:37

So cool about the tweet from RS. Glad you got to see NYE. It is a cute movie. Thought you might enjoy JBJ in it.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 09 Feb 2012, 05:49

Jon is adorkable. I did enjoy the movie very much, and I'm going to drag Mom out to see it if at all possible. She's a Jon fan too (much as I adore Jon, I'm more of a Sambora girl!), and the cute/sweet/fluffy movie thing is right up her ally.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 17 Feb 2012, 05:13

Check out the Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter clip I posted under the Rufus Sewell thread. There is a bink and you miss it pic of him sitting in a chair behind the woman in non-vampire mode. It looks pretty good. He is not a nice twilight vampire!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 19 Feb 2012, 19:01

Ugh, Twilight vampires aren't real vampires. Real vampires DO NOT SPARKLE.

And Anita Blake has always been more my speed where vampires are concerned. The novels are unapologetic gore-filled smut-fests. Naturally, I've read all of them at least twice.

As for the Twilight novels? Only my morals are preventing me from using them for kindling.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Previous

Return to Fanworks