ObsidianJade's Stories

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

Re: ObsidianJade's Stories

Postby kygal » 16 Sep 2011, 04:17

Nothing slips by Joyce...haha. Glad you had a great time! How is Nikki? I think its great when people get to meet face to face. Havent finished the lastest chapter but have enjoyed what i've read so far. Do have fun at your horse show...ever planning a trip to Lexington KY for a horse show?
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 20 Sep 2011, 18:05

Would love to come out to KY for a show at some point, and I know Mom would as well. And, hey, if we do, it'll put me that much closer to meeting every active member of the EHRC, as well, :lol: .

Nikki's awesome. Mom was laughing about it because as soon as Nikki walked in the door it was just kind of 'Hey.' 'Hey.' and we pretty much just fell in from there. Although I still question her taste in shirts, :P . Pink Bon Jovi shirts, honestly. Sometimes I think Jon's appreciation for money overcomes his common sense.

The show was good, our girls all did well. One of them won eighth in the state for Pleasure on a twenty-five year old former steeplechase winner. (The horses are all rescues and most are on their second career, like Brooks.) Even the ones that didn't ribbon did a phenomenal job.

The downside, of course, was that the weather was beyond miserable and two of the girls (whose hotel room I was chaperoning....) were quite sick and I came back home on Sunday with a miserable cough, a throat like raw hamburger, and no voice to speak of, pun quite intended. Took Monday off, downed a Phenergan when I couldn't keep down ginger ale, and went back to work today, floating through my shift and not entirely certain my head was still attached to my shoulders.

Despite all that, it still somehow managed to be fun. Go figure!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 22 Sep 2011, 04:15

Hated to hear about everyone getting sick.I've had a phenergan buzz before...or should I say sleep! Let me know it you ever come my way. We have a few horses here...haha. I think theres an Alltech horse show early Nov. Had to laugh about the pink Bon Jovi shirt. Dont worry...I dont have a pink Springsteen shirt.

Really enjoyed the chapter!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 Nov 2011, 17:33

Wow.

Today I managed to oversleep by an hour, lose a fight with a vacuum cleaner, and get attacked by an artificial tree. As in, I wound up bleeding. What the fudge??

Also, my mother is pretending to be a Yoda Muppet.

I'm gonna go watch Bleach now. Rampaging death gods make more sense than my life.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 28 Nov 2011, 05:36

LOL. Put up my tree also. Usually end up with a few scratches.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 28 Nov 2011, 06:30

This wasn't even a full-sized tree, that's the embarrassing part. It's a 2 1/2 foot little outdoor tree, which really should not have been able to get the better of me, :?

We're getting our house tree this weekend, there's a lovely tree farm not too far from us where we can go and cut it fresh.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 29 Nov 2011, 05:14

We have an artificial tree. Seems I am allergic to a live one...or thats what my parents have told me. I would love to have a live one. Cant believe its almost that time!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 31 Dec 2011, 23:05

Happy New Year, everyone.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 02 Jan 2012, 20:36

Happy New Year Sarah! Hope this year finds you happy, healthy and not to overworked. Rather selfishly - I also hope this year lets you have the time/inspiration to get back to your fan fiction. I miss your writing.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 03 Jan 2012, 19:04

My sole resolution for the new year was to write more, so hopefully I'll be able to indulge your 'selfish' hope. (Since the writing benefits me as well, you can pretend that it was an entirely altruistic desire, darling!) :D

Keep an eye on my AO3 page as well (http://archiveofourown.org/users/ObsidianJade), I've posted a couple of Bon Jovi slash fics that I didn't crosspost, I know RPS isn't everyone's cup of tea - nor is it a flavor allowed on FF.net, so I have some stuff there that hasn't shown up anywhere else.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 08 Jan 2012, 20:43

I HAVE POSTED!!!!

Holy shit, yeah? :lol: :lol:

http://www.fanfiction.net/s/6140802/26/

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 10 Jan 2012, 11:55

Posted you most certainly did! Loved the new installment. Your usual great job.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 14 Jan 2012, 15:38

Have had a chance to re-read and savor a bit. One of the things I admire about this fic is that while you have aged your characters (and have them acting in very age-appropriate ways) they still remain true to their younger selves. Also loved the part about karma coming back to bit Ichigo on the butt.

Looking forward to the next chapter.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 19 Jan 2012, 21:15

ELTON JOHN IS GOING TO BE IN ROANOKE.

This is filed under 'holy fuck I AM SO GOING.'

For anyone else interested, tickets go on sale 28 January.

http://roanokeciviccenter.com/85256A8D0 ... 3332JCANEN

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 20 Jan 2012, 05:13

Saw Elton in Vegas a few yaers ago. Great show!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 23 Jan 2012, 13:43

Trying to teach Mom to use Twitter well enough to ask a musician out to lunch. MLIA!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 28 Jan 2012, 09:23

Bahahaha STAGESIDE. We are going to be fucking STAGESIDE FOR ELTON JOHN.

Pardon me while I die of awesome.

Between this and the two Ari shows (Thurs/Fri), this is officially the best week of the year. Had an absolute *blast* at the shows - my first time at The Barns at Wolftrap, which are this fantastic performance venue in Vienna, Virginia - as the name implies, they actually are old barns, which is paradise for me, natch. About two hundred people in the main hall for Ari's show on Thursday, a sellout crowd and a great performance.

Friday was the Kirk Avenue Music Hall in Roanoke - which is a long, narrow brick room in downtown Roanoke, great character to the building and the acoustics. We were selling merchandise for Ari there (gets you in free, and it's an excuse to hang out with them for a bit after the show!) and we got there before doors opened to check in. Ari's drummer, Doug, (who is a very quiet, self-contained, remarkably charismatic man), walks out and sees us and walks up with his arms open, going 'Oh! You're here a second night!' and once he's hugged us, steps back and starts swearing - 'Shit! Shit! Dammit! Fuck! Now I have to play really good two nights in a row!'

I almost fell down laughing. Doug is so frigging quiet it never occurred to me he could have that much of a sense of humor! But he had nothing to worry about, of course. Show was fantastic, got some great hugs from both of them afterwards, got home at one this morning, and dragged myself out of bed in time to order some rather spectacular seats for the Elton John show in Roanoke in March.

So even with the broken toe, this is a good week.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 29 Jan 2012, 07:20

Ouch, sorry about the broken toe! Sounds like a great week anyway. Great seats for Elton, how did you pull that off? He puts on a great show. I think he likes boobs if it is anything like the Vegas show. Or at least likes to look at them. Alot of visuals, but that was Vegas after all. You will have a great time.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 29 Jan 2012, 08:18

The Elton tickets were managed by logging onto the online ticket distributor very promptly at ten a.m. But yeah, we're in the mid-price seats but *right* next to the stage, and the venue is a small coliseum, so the view should be about perfect.

Also, boobs what? :?: Unless he has a purely aesthetic appreciation for them, that would not necessarily be what I expected...

And the toe isn't major, it's just a bit sore. And rather purple. It would probably be less of both if I would stay off it, but... yeah. It's me. :roll:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 30 Jan 2012, 05:23

I thought that may need an explanation. At his Vegas show he had hugh blow-up boobs and lips on stage. He also had video in the background which showed said body part of women. The videos went along with the songs. Showed alot of breasts! It was a great show but I thought the vids in the background were a bit distracting.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 30 Jan 2012, 06:21

*crosseyed*

Well, I don't have any particular objection to breasts.... although it does sound a little more Vegas than Roanoke, :lol: . Either way, no matter. This is still a huge treat for both Mom and I - she's wanted to see him for years now and I adore his music. I was totally :shock: when Q99 announced the concert. So glad I managed to get tickets! Although they're not selling anywhere near as fast as I expected, there still seem to be some available. I would have guessed they'd have been gone within a couple of hours.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 31 Jan 2012, 05:10

He puts on a great show. You and your mom will have a fantastic time!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 31 Jan 2012, 05:45

*laughs*

Now all we have to do is find the patience to wait until March for it!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 02 Feb 2012, 18:58

My sanity is seriously in question. Not only did I actually give in to my insane Muse and write a short Ari/Doug fic (not posted anywhere accessible at the moment, I'm still trying to figure out what to do with it), I also managed to write this, http://archiveofourown.org/works/331923, which is... basically the re-definition of crack as far as my writing is concerned. It's a Bon Jovi hey-we're-texting! sort of thing and, yeah, I'm a lunatic. And I'm starting to think my Muse has creative epilepsy.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 02 Feb 2012, 19:20

AHAHA OH GODS RICHIE SAMBORA JUST GAVE ME A RETWEET.

I am officially dead. And in Heaven. Because holy shit Richie fucking Sambora just RT'd me.

TheRealSambora Richie Sambora
“@LostInHeadSpace: @TheRealSambora I really am perpetually invisible, aren't I?” not anymore!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to Fanworks