ObsidianJade's Stories

Any fanfic, fanart, fanvids, etc, etc, goes here.

ObsidianJade's Stories

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 Apr 2009, 19:36

Well, if everyone else is jumping off this proverbial bridge...

Since I have no talent at drawing whatsoever, I've stuck to the literary end of the spectrum. My stories can be found here: http://www.fanfiction.net/u/317354/ObsidianJade, they're the top four on the list. The newest one, My Kingdom for a Horse, is incredibly depressing, just be warned. Wonder is an episode cap following Hood's thoughts through Medea. I get a little humorous in A Woman Scorned, utilizing a very Sneaky!Hood as a plot point. And early on in the series when I couldn't understand him, I wrote about that in Understanding.

I do have a couple more in the works, and when my work schedule evens out a little I should be able to tackle them. I'm delighted to field any questions or comments about my stories, because it lets me know people are reading them. :oops:

Fishing for compliments? Who, me?

~ Jade
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Re: ObsidianJade's Stories

Postby æthre » 24 Apr 2009, 19:43

We're creative types! Of course we're fishing for compliments!

XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 25 Apr 2009, 18:38

Artists with self-esteem issues... oh, now there's a new one. At least all of us have both of our ears. I assume.

Then again... my issues give me Writing Inspiration!!! (glowers at the plot bunnies flocking around her feet and shedding on her new-ish jeans) Occasionally, a little too much inspiration. (pokes a plot bunny labeled 'My Kingdom for a Horse' with her toe) Go away, little bunny. That was a one-shot.

~ Jade

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 25 Apr 2009, 19:02

Aye. I haven't mailed my ears to any women... not that I know of, at least.

I dunno where I get my ideas from. They just... appear. Or I get inspired by others.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 29 Apr 2009, 17:15

Blarg, I hate being stuck!! I have one story 3/4 finished and another one 2/3 finished, I know where they're both going and how I need them to get there, but I try to write and it just sounds idiotic. It's not writer's block so much as writer's pothole, but it's still a pain in the tuchus. (SpellCheck wants me to change tuchus to Tuscon, hah!)

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 29 Apr 2009, 17:18

Oooh, the 'cuffs fic? :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 29 Apr 2009, 17:23

That's the 2/3 one. The one where I have Hood on painkillers is 3/4 done. (sighs) Maybe if these non-sleeping-ish nights weren't melting my brain I'd be doing better. But I'm at the point now that I can't even picture ForeTeen in their plus-fours, so obviously my imagination is at a bit of a standstill.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 29 Apr 2009, 17:50

It is really weird, because I think you and I are in the same place right now. 'Writer's pothole' is just a perfect way to describe it. I am halfway through another fic, and the first part just poured out of me. Now, the last few nights I have been writing, but it just doesn't come out right. It is frustrating. And I promised myself I wouldn't start enough fic until EH was renewed, too. :roll:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 29 Apr 2009, 17:50

Wow, yeah, I think you definitely need some sleep...

As for me, I'm not entirely stuck, it's just that my right wrist is killing me so hardcore typing is out (despite the fact that I'm here and in the irc channel, I know, I'm a masochist) and, well, I'm right handed so handwriting is out too.

But, y...

I have no clue where I was going with this. This is the last time I alt+tab to my email before finishing a post.

But, anyway, mostly finished fics! Yay!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 30 Apr 2009, 20:56

Train of thought get derailed there, Nikki? (That's all right.. there are days when I think all of my trains of thought are still stuck in the station!) :lol:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 30 Apr 2009, 21:01

Yeaaah... that's generally how I roll, XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 02 May 2009, 21:47

My first foray into the semi-artistic... put together a couple of sig bars! One is lame, the other is slightly less lame, both are posted in the 'Sig Bars' thread, and you can find them here http://s620.photobucket.com/albums/tt28 ... idianJade/ as well.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 25 May 2009, 18:10

Woo Hoo!! After an exceedingly long and annoying time stuck in a writer's 'pothole', I have finally climbed out and back into the writing field! My latest story is the beginning of a series of oneshots and drabbles, all of which will be posted under the title 'Minutes in Hours' on fanfiction.net.

The first one-shot, titled An Unexpected Proposal, is just a piece of fluff I thought up from nowhere and is a good indicator of the general nature of the stories. They're just random shorts that can't stand on their own, but I liked too much to keep to myself. In AUP, Hood's habit of speaking without considering his words finally makes him trip over his tongue, :D .

Check it out at http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5087705/1/

I'd love to hear any comments or questions anyone may have on it. I will also be taking requests for one-shots for this series.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 25 May 2009, 18:20

Just R&R. Nice start, Sarah. I am still smiling. Can't wait for the next one. :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 25 May 2009, 18:29

Ha! Yay, that is awesome! Hood's so cute <3
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 25 May 2009, 19:18

Thank you guys! I love reading your reviews and knowing I've helped make your day a little bit better!

Also - now posted a link to the EHRC on my profile page. WooHoo!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 25 May 2009, 23:07

Sarah, that was a great story, simple and sweet.
I want more!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 May 2009, 14:21

(chuckles) Thank you. If you do have any ideas for a short that you'd like to see me do, I am happy to take requests for the story.

My only guidelines for the requests are to keep it PG-15/T-rated, no situations requiring extremely OOC behavior, and I don't do character bashing. Character teasing is fine, though. :D

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby xFrEAKk » 26 May 2009, 16:10

Sarah, I love your fic! Actually, this might be my favorite one out of your work. :) More! :lol:
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 May 2009, 16:16

Haha, thank you! Clueless!Hood is my favorite, too. Idiot geniuses FTW.

I have several concepts for more shorts flying around in my head, I just have to grab one and pin it down long enough to get a good look at it.... (sighs) I feel like I should be chasing my thoughts around with a butterfly net. :roll:

Any suggestions/requests for Minutes in Hours are welcome!

And (sorry for not thinking of this earlier) for those of you not familiar with the song, you can check out the lyrics and a music video here http://www.lyrics.com/index.php/artists ... -die-young.

This song is one of my favorites - particularly 'I'd rather laugh with the sinners than cry with the saints, the sinners have much more fun!'

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 May 2009, 20:23

Wow, two chapters in two days... I'm on a roll here! This second one is very short, originally intended to be part of a longer story that I could never quite get to materialize. It's more team friendship than H/R romance, but it's cute and light and fun.

'G.I. Joes and Chemistry Sets,' http://www.fanfiction.net/s/5087705/2/Minutes_in_Hours

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 26 May 2009, 20:34

Read it, but won't let me review. :( Loved it, as always. And the end just made me giggle as I saw all three of their faces as clear as day. :lol:

Nice.

Oh, and I would be more than happy to help Hood change those pants. :twisted:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 May 2009, 20:39

I think we all would... not that that would occur to him, of course! :D

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 26 May 2009, 21:06

Yeaaaah... We couldn't just him sit there in juice covered pants, now could we? That would be cruel. And unusual.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 May 2009, 21:26

Well, it is kind of his own fault for mixing sodas in a moving vehicle and allowing himself to be distracted. But it's really Rachel's fault for surprising him (she did it on purpose, of course...) so I think she should take responsibility for helping him get cleaned up. Maybe if she'd do a bit of blotting dry first, just to ensure that the soda doesn't leave a stain...? :D

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Next

Return to Fanworks