Put Some pressure on Warner Brothers?

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Put Some pressure on Warner Brothers?

Postby kygal » 30 Aug 2009, 07:23

I saw an ad for a season one dvd release by WB for The Mentalist for 9-22-09. Not sure why they would release a returning show before a canceled one. You would think CBS or WB would want to get their money out of EH by reruns(never happened) and a dvd release(hopefully soon) since the show was expensive. On the Rufus forum someone mentioned a pre Christmas release on dvd for EH, but i think they were just guessing based on another release.

Lets keep sending WB feedback on a dvd release and future seasons of EH. Maybe someone will listen/hear us one of these days. :D
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 31 Aug 2009, 20:34

If 'My own worst enemy', a cancelled show, was released on DVD, I think EH should definitely be released too.

By the way, Kygal, I saw your review at EH's amazon page and I really appreciate it.

We have to get more people to write their reviews, it is important.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 01 Sep 2009, 08:46

onepercentclub wrote:By the way, Kygal, I saw your review at EH's amazon page and I really appreciate it.

Same here! Thank you, kygal! :D
onepercentclub wrote:We have to get more people to write their reviews, it is important.

VERY important, guys! Get over to Amazon if you haven't already and write a review. It doesn't have to be long or 'perfect', just get something on there to show your support and 'pump up' the interest!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 15 Sep 2009, 10:14

Just really ticked to see the Harper's Island DVD release today, so I am venting. I still have faith that EH will be released, but this is just another slap in the face.

luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 15 Sep 2009, 15:46

Wonder whats up with this. I dont understand why they wont release a dvd soon...they have nothing to loose and know the show has many fans who will buy the dvd. I used to think maybe it was a positive thing for the return of the show...who knows.

I send a request to WB on the site once a week for the dvd and also leave feedback once a week on the "other" to bring the show back...maybe they will listen some day.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby vmaciv » 15 Sep 2009, 21:37

I went over to the WB website to ask about the dvd and about resurrecting the show. I think the season will be interesting for JB and CBS
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby onepercentclub » 19 Sep 2009, 21:22

luvinx wrote:Just really ticked to see the Harper's Island DVD release today, so I am venting. I still have faith that EH will be released, but this is just another slap in the face.

I know!!! I was like WTF!!! but then I remember that HI may not be from Warner and didn't we read that there was a lawsuit involved? I don't know, but if this is true, then maybe it is why EH's DVD is being delayed...
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 19 Sep 2009, 22:16

onepercentclub wrote:I know!!! I was like WTF!!! but then I remember that HI may not be from Warner and didn't we read that there was a lawsuit involved? I don't know, but if this is true, then maybe it is why EH's DVD is being delayed...

Very true, my EHSM. That is probably exactly what is going on.

Still pissed me off royally, though.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 20 Sep 2009, 05:46

What is the lawsuit about...something with WB or EH? Still, other WB dvds have been released...Makes me mad...we have suffered enough!!!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 20 Sep 2009, 14:51

luvinx wrote:Very true, my EHSM. That is probably exactly what is going on.

Still pissed me off royally, though.

Oh totally! I did pissed me off too because, well, HI had like 2 viewers in total who are probably buying the DVD's :lol:

Compared to the 12 million viewers, do I need to repeat that to CBS? Maybe they have some sort of short-term memory condition and don't remember.

Well, now I can't wait to watch The Forgotten. Hope ABC is nicer than the Evil Eye.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 20 Sep 2009, 19:17

kygal wrote:What is the lawsuit about...something with WB or EH?

I am sick and foggy right now, so forgive my brief answer. There was/is a nasty lawsuit going on between CBS and WB. Lu? Do you remember the specifics?
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 20 Sep 2009, 21:06

Gee I don't remember, but maybe that is why WaT hasn't been completely released on DVD. But I'll have to find out...
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 21 Sep 2009, 05:02

Figures...our poor show has never gotten the breaks it deserves...we also have to fight for a dvd.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 29 Sep 2009, 17:17

EH dvd can be ordered on warner site archive...just got this info off the forum...available in october...only in US...may want to check this out.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 29 Sep 2009, 18:15

http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/news/Eleven ... nced/12737

Link to article is there. Looks like WB is jerking us around just as much as CBasS is. MOD only?! WTF, people!!!!

There is something seriously rotten here.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 29 Sep 2009, 18:57

WTH? Come on!! Image
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 29 Sep 2009, 18:58

Not sure what all this means...I did order one though...is this a good sign for the show or not? The fact it said complete season one is good...could have said just Eleventh Hour complete. Like we have said...nothing has come easy for this show and we fans. And thanks...I did not know how to post the link.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 29 Sep 2009, 19:54

Ah, sorry... took some looking b/c I was in the wrong area of the WB site... I can read, honestly... http://www.wbshop.com/The-Eleventh-Hour ... ARCHIVEPRE

Buncha shitheads. I suppose I can't complain too much, I mean, they are releasing it, but somehow I still have the nigh-irresistible urge to go bash them over the head with a large blunt object. Like Les Moonves.

Ed. Well, ordered mine... maybe a mass influx of orders will convince them to change their very small minds? Had to laugh, though, at the note on the order conformation... 'Your order contains items that may take a few days to ship.' No, really? Since I'm ordering it a month ahead of time? Gee, ya *think*?! Wow, I'm in a lousy mood tonight....
Last edited by ObsidianJade on 29 Sep 2009, 20:07, edited 1 time in total.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 29 Sep 2009, 20:05

So....the question is, do we go ahead and begin plugging the heck out of this everywhere, as I had planned to once it came out at Amazon? I mean, sales are sales, but I am not sure if people will be as willing to buy from this as they would somewhere more normal, like Amazon. Sheesh. Is anything easy concerning EH?

I feel almost weirdly paranoid, like this is an intentional obstacle in our goal to resurrect. :?
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 29 Sep 2009, 21:41

Well... At least it's being released in some way.
This is ridiculous. I don't know what it takes to put it in the stores. Did they want 30 million people? Or this has something to do with the so called lawsuit? Whatever it is, the problem I see is that many people won't be able to buy it because it ships only in the U.S. (or may have a problem getting one). I can buy it, because I have relatives there, but heck this sucks.
But well, we HAVE to buy it, let them know that WE cared about the show and that those ratings were real.
God, this is ridiculous. First, CBS doesn't support this show, then it cancels it despite the good ratings and then we have a hard time getting the show on DVD?
Are we cursed?

Edit: I'll order, I will. Because I want EH in my collection.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 30 Sep 2009, 06:20

Luvinx said <So....the question is, do we go ahead and begin plugging the heck out of this everywhere, as I had planned to once it came out at Amazon? I mean, sales are sales, but I am not sure if people will be as willing to buy from this as they would somewhere more normal, like Amazon.>

I would say yes! This needs to be promoted to the hilt. People need to know that now is the time to put their money where their mouth is. If we want EH back, we need to prove to WB and the other networks that there is a market for this product.

Luvnix also said: <I feel almost weirdly paranoid, like this is an intentional obstacle in our goal to resurrect.>

I feel almost the opposite. As if WB is testing out the market, seeing if there is any real interest in the product or not. Considering how slow WB is on releasing DVD's of some of the other series they produce, this could be a sign of some interest by someone somewhere deciding to test the waters.

Joyce

Edited to add: Ok, I've gone and ordered by copy. Plus I've asked for the day off on 10/23, the estimated arrival date. (Like I'd get any work done that day!) Plus, on a mystery discussion listserv I subscribe to a member mentioned that she just found out that EH has been cancelled. Sent her the link and encouraged her to purchase!
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 30 Sep 2009, 08:50

onepercentclub wrote:Whatever it is, the problem I see is that many people won't be able to buy it because it ships only in the U.S. (or may have a problem getting one). I can buy it, because I have relatives there, but heck this sucks.

Yes, this is a BIG problem. We had hopes of the DVD being another tool to use to get EH back. This puts a hamper on things. There are many more millions of fans around the world that will not be able to get this. And we needed everyone we could for the full effect.

The only thing I can think of is for us all to start hounding WB again, demanding that it be released so that everyone can have the chance to purchase.
EHfan wrote:Luvinx said <So....the question is, do we go ahead and begin plugging the heck out of this everywhere, as I had planned to once it came out at Amazon? I mean, sales are sales, but I am not sure if people will be as willing to buy from this as they would somewhere more normal, like Amazon.>

I would say yes! This needs to be promoted to the hilt. People need to know that now is the time to put their money where their mouth is. If we want EH back, we need to prove to WB and the other networks that there is a market for this product.

Okay, guys, let's do it then. I will go to all my haunts and post....you all please do so as well. Post the link and remind all our fellow EH fans out there that this is very important in showing TPTB our interest and HUGE support for the show, and our intense desire to get it back!

If you are unable to do so, but know of a site, please come to this thread and let us know and one of us can do it for you.
EHfan wrote:Luvnix also said: <I feel almost weirdly paranoid, like this is an intentional obstacle in our goal to resurrect.>

I feel almost the opposite. As if WB is testing out the market, seeing if there is any real interest in the product or not. Considering how slow WB is on releasing DVD's of some of the other series they produce, this could be a sign of some interest by someone somewhere deciding to test the waters.

I think I posted the 'almost' in the wrong spot. I meant to say "I almost feel weirdly paranoid...", as I don't really believe that. Although the 'cursed' comment Lu made does have merit.
EHfan wrote:Plus, on a mystery discussion listserv I subscribe to a member mentioned that she just found out that EH has been cancelled. Sent her the link and encouraged her to purchase!

Bingo! These are the very things we all need to be doing. Let's get it out there, guys!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 30 Sep 2009, 15:00

This is a very big disappointment, and it makes me wonder if there are any special features at all. If they can't be bothered to make the DVDs unless they're preordered, I can't see them doing a "making of" or anything like that. I guess it's better than nothing, but they sure are doing their level best to keep us down.
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 30 Sep 2009, 16:05

Really strange how WB is doing this. But I am trying to be postitive and maybe they are testing the waters about the interest in the show. I cant imagine they would not support this show coming back... it is one of theirs..but who would have thought CBS would do what they did with a hit show. I had been contacting WB weekly about this dvd on the site posted...maybe if many others have -this is why they decide this course of action. I hate that the fans outside the US do not have the opportunity to get this dvd now, but I bet it will eventually be available at amazon. We may want to hit WB this October with our campaign since the dvd is available.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 30 Sep 2009, 20:02

Check out the Stephen Gallagher thread, guys.
http://forum.planet-hood.net/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=49
luvinx
High Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to The Show