Put Some pressure on Warner Brothers?

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Put Some pressure on Warner Brothers?

Postby ObsidianJade » 30 Sep 2009, 20:13

Oddly enough, one thing that annoys me beyond all else, is that when you scroll down to the 'You may also enjoy...' section, they have it categorized with the Smurfs.

I mean, really, people! SMURFS?! As if the show hasn't suffered enough insults.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 01 Oct 2009, 08:00

This is the email I sent to Warner's (through their "contact us" link)

While I am very grateful that you are releasing Eleventh Hour's first season on DVD, I cannot believe you are doing only through the MOD Archive series! 12 million people in the US watched this show every week, and if it were available in stores, you'd have quite a market. However, many people are not even aware of the MOD format, so you are limiting your sales. Also, many fans may not be aware that WB was the production company, since it appeared on CBS, so they will not even know to look on your site. In addition, it's not available to the millions of viewers from other countries who came to love the show. If you're "testing the waters," you are setting yourselves (and the DVD) up for failure. Basically, I want to know why Eleventh Hour is being subjected to such a short-sighted marketing plan. I hope you can explain the thinking behind this decision. Thank you.

I'm not really expecting to hear from them, but I wanted to get it off my chest anyway.

I did see on the order page for EH some sort of facebook link. I'm not on facebook, but does that mean you can somehow tell people on facebook about the DVD set?

Thanks for the Stephen Gallagher link, Kel.
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 01 Oct 2009, 10:15

Wonder letter, Rue. Nice job!
rueful2 wrote:I did see on the order page for EH some sort of facebook link. I'm not on facebook, but does that mean you can somehow tell people on facebook about the DVD set?

Already done, Rue! ;)
rueful2 wrote:Thanks for the Stephen Gallagher link, Kel.

Anytime! :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 01 Oct 2009, 12:22

Rue, you're my hero. I love what you wrote!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 01 Oct 2009, 15:50

WHATS UP? Our wonderful show did what it was supposed to do...was never given a chance...prematurely canceled...no real explanation...no reruns ever...now this mess with the dvd. Just venting...LETS KEEP UP THE FIGHT. All this builds character...right!?
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby redwngs » 02 Oct 2009, 08:16

If we can get WB to release the DVD that would be awesome. If any of you are fans of Family guy, remember when fox canceled that show and the DVD sales went through the roof. They couldn't believe it and ended up bringing it back. Who knows maybe in time the same could happen with EH.
redwngs
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 02 Oct 2009, 09:11

That was our thinking as well, redwngs. That is why we were disappointed to learn of this type of release. But we will do what we need to do, as we always have.

Also, Welcome and hope to hear a lot more from you! :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 02 Oct 2009, 10:38

But let's put a positive spin on this - the release of the DVD was barely announced by WB, it was released in MOD and still people found out and purchased. I mean, that has to say a lot to any network that might consider reviving EH.

We can't forget, to these people putting a show on the air, keeping it on or cancelling it depends on how much money stands to be made. After all, this is why CBS cancelled a show that had great numbers. They felt they could make more money on a show like Medium which they owned.

I think the fact that the DVD has any sales at all, considering how poorly WB promoted it is good news. Now our job is to spread the word to all those out there who would like to see our show back and convince them that this is a good investment.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 02 Oct 2009, 21:54

How can we find out about the EH DVD sales?
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 05 Oct 2009, 16:34

Already done, Rue!

I should have known you'd be right on it, Kel! You're the best!

Rue, you're my hero. I love what you wrote!

:oops: Aw, thanks Lu!

I have received two responses from Warner Bros:

We are sorry, but we can only answer customer service issues related to the WBShop.com orders and products at this department

You may want to send an email to the general WB site:

http://www2.warnerbros.com/web/help/help_feedback.jsp

So, I immediately re-sent my email to that site. To which they replied,

Thank you for visiting WarnerBros.com and sending us your feedback. We value your comments and suggestions on improving the quality of our site and services. Due to the volume of feedback we receive, we cannot respond to every one.

So, how's that for the corporate run-around: Tell all customers to send their emails to one address, and then respond that, because too many emails go to that address, you shouldn't expect a reply! (Reminds me of an old Mel Brooks movie, The Twelve Chairs, set in the Soviet Union. The sign in a government office reads, "State your business and leave." :lol: )
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 05 Oct 2009, 17:16

Here's a small victory, although I bet only Lu will be excited. :lol: We have 16 reviews over on Amazon for the EH DVD, the same as TM.

Hmmm, and ours has not even come out yet.... :roll:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 05 Oct 2009, 19:57

I am! :lol: However, it's bittersweet, since EH is not back in the air or has a DVD out for sale.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 05 Oct 2009, 21:16

True, but we ain't done yet! ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 05 Oct 2009, 21:23

No we aren't! ;)
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Previous

Return to The Show