Put Some pressure on Warner Brothers?

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Put Some pressure on Warner Brothers?

Postby EHfan » 07 Aug 2009, 06:36

Do you think it might also be a good idea to put some pressure on WB Studios about releasing the first (sadly at this point only) season on DVD? They may not be aware that there is such a market for the DVD.

I missed Resurrection and Cardiac and have seen the other episodes only one time each! I can't seem to find a workable website (my institution blocks many video streaming sites and my at-home connection isn't fast enough) to view whole epiosodes online. I've been making do with the clips on YouTube, but I crave more!
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Re: Put Some pressure on Warner Brothers?

Postby love11rufus » 07 Aug 2009, 09:52

EHfan, I think that's a great idea since we didn't have the pleasure of watching EH reruns. I 'm not sure why reuns weren't shown. May because it wasn't a returning fall show? :cry:
love11rufus
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 07 Aug 2009, 10:51

We could definitely send them a letter requesting the DVD release. We have sent them (along with JB) a letter regarding the Campaign and our wish for its return, but not about the DVD's specifically. If someone wants to come up with a letter, we could all attach our sigs as before, and someone can volunteer to send it out.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 07 Aug 2009, 20:22

love11rufus wrote:EHfan, I think that's a great idea since we didn't have the pleasure of watching EH reruns. I 'm not sure why reuns weren't shown. May because it wasn't a returning fall show? :cry:

Not really... Without a Trace and The Unit weren't returning shows and CBS was playing reruns.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 07 Aug 2009, 22:37

True enough, but WoT and Unit both had several seasons behind them, and other networks probably own syndication rights, which makes it more likely for us to have reruns available. I don't watch either, so I'm not sure, but it seems like a reasonable guess?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 08 Aug 2009, 07:03

at the warner brothers site...warnerbrothers.com...there is a feedback available at the bottom of the page and you can choose dvd...i made a plea for an eh dvd...looks like the CEO is barry meyer...but i could not find an e mail address...when the time is right we will need to hit WB and jerry b for return of our show..........
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 08 Aug 2009, 11:00

kygal wrote:at the warner brothers site...warnerbrothers.com...there is a feedback available at the bottom of the page and you can choose dvd...i made a plea for an eh dvd

Nice! We can all head over there. I will put an update in the Contact Calendar with the link and we can all do it. Thanks, kygal! ;)
kygal wrote:...looks like the CEO is barry meyer...but i could not find an e mail address...when the time is right we will need to hit WB and jerry b for return of our show..........

If anyone can find his email address, let me know and we can go ahead and use a day just to send him an email about the DVD's. And then, down the road a little bit, we can use it again for the Campaign. Probably, I imagine, sometime this Fall.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 08 Aug 2009, 23:06

Good idea on the DVD thing!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby dippyange » 09 Aug 2009, 06:58

I have been on the WB website and have suggested that Eleventh hour is bought out on dvd :D
"You can't tell the heart, the heart hopes even when it's hopeless"
dippyange
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 09 Aug 2009, 10:44

dippyange wrote:I have been on the WB website and have suggested that Eleventh hour is bought out on dvd :D

Awesome! Guys, we need everyone to go ahead and do this. It is not only important in terms of getting our S1 DVD released....it may also help us in the actual Campaign! Showing a large demand for the DVD release can be a very powerful part of the Campaign. Head over there!

http://www.warnerbros.com/main/help/customer_service.html
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 09 Aug 2009, 13:00

I read the Rufus forum but have not signed up as a member yet...maybe someone who has may want to let them know about the dvd plans at Warner...Seems like some of them are EH fans and some were not very fond of the writing on the show...I would think most would be happy with 18 hours of Rufus though....and we need all the help we can get.....
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 09 Aug 2009, 15:38

Good idea, kygal.

Rue....Ellie....Fam? Can you guys spread this idea over in the EH forum there, maybe even start a new thread leaving the above link and asking if any of them can join us in going there and leaving feedback asking for the DVD to be released? I know that there is a lot of criticism of EH over there (which is why I stopped visiting), but even some of those folks who didn't like it expressed that they still wanted the DVD.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 14 Aug 2009, 18:36

Someone over on the EH Wiki thinks that the DVD is coming out. Who knows if it is true or not. I wrote a message asking them how they knew.

http://www.11thhourshow.org/thread/3179059/dvd?&widget=modulerecentsiteactivity
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 14 Aug 2009, 21:03

Sent a message to WB asking when the DVD release is, adding in a little note that I was 'horrified to learn it was not renewed.' Hopefully I'll manage a response, you'll know as soon as I do if/when that happens!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 15 Aug 2009, 06:02

I have gone to warner brothers site many times to request the dvd...but have also hit the feedback button to request they bring the show back...figure this wont hurt until we start e mailing them...
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 15 Aug 2009, 06:37

Oh, and for those of you needing it, the feedback page at WB is here;

http://www.warnerbros.com/main/help/cus ... rvice.html There's also a link in the bottom post of the Contact Calender.

No response yet, but I wonder how they'd respond to all of us (politely) harassing them about the DVD release?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 22 Aug 2009, 09:23

luvinx wrote:Someone over on the EH Wiki thinks that the DVD is coming out. Who knows if it is true or not. I wrote a message asking them how they knew.

http://www.11thhourshow.org/thread/3179059/dvd?&widget=modulerecentsiteactivity

Too weird to quote yourself, but I just wanted to let you all know that the above person happened to be Danny Cannon, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0134176/

I am now corresponding with him on Facebook, as I wrote him a PM once I saw that he also put a message about the DVD there. He wrote back to let me know who he was and to ask about the Campaign. Pretty cool, eh? Gotta love these Brits!

Anyway, regarding the DVD specifically, I asked him in my PM back if there was a date. I will let you all know.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 22 Aug 2009, 12:44

Have written WB again asking for information on the release. Also suggested they might improve their mail response.... :roll:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 Aug 2009, 14:04

Oh sweet! I hope he is who he says he is AND he's right!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby kygal » 22 Aug 2009, 14:45

WOW. Maybe he would have some advice for our campaign as well as the dvd info. Great news on the dvd if its true though. I still send feedback to WB for the dvd release and to bring the show back...
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 22 Aug 2009, 15:48

An EP?! Nice catch, Kel! Certainly can't hurt to have his attention, whether he cares to become actively involved or not.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 22 Aug 2009, 18:30

æthre wrote:Oh sweet! I hope he is who he says he is AND he's right!

Isn't it? I think it is him, as well, just by the way he has responded. Short and to the point.
kygal wrote:WOW. Maybe he would have some advice for our campaign as well as the dvd info.

Already on it. ;) I asked him in my own subtle way. Image
ObsidianJade wrote:An EP?! Nice catch, Kel! Certainly can't hurt to have his attention, whether he cares to become actively involved or not.

Thanks. It certainly can't. Plus, looking at his bio, I believe he is working on TF with our man, SG. Let's get all these guys to chat it up, right?

I will be sure to let you guys know when he responds again.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 Aug 2009, 18:42

I doubt everyone's identity on the internet if they say they're connected in any way, shape or form to anything involving the entertainment industry. I'm a pessimist and a cynic by nature and, well, the internet has done nothing but reinforce those traits.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 22 Aug 2009, 18:49

I agree. He may be the real thing, however, as I sought him out. The only thing he said other than the news about the DVD release was "Thank you for your support". That was what caught my attention and a little voice inside my head said "PM this guy!" So, maybe we are okay here.

If he is, then this is waaaay cool. If he isn't, then, well, I am an idiot. :lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 23 Aug 2009, 00:02

luvinx wrote:Too weird to quote yourself, but I just wanted to let you all know that the above person happened to be Danny Cannon, http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0134176/

Danny Cannon, as in the Cannon producer of CSI?
Well, I hope he is right and we get a DVD release soon!!!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Next

Return to The Show