Page 1 of 3

Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 14:38
by love11rufus
I was very happy to see so many viewers that had the same feeling as I did about the Eleventh Hour. Initially I posted a note on Twitter for all EH lovers to protest CBS' cancellation of the show. I've seen their fall line up and evidently in spite of all the correspondence that has been sent and the opinions that have been posted, CBS still does not have EH on it's fall schedule.

I think there are shows that have outlived their time and these are the ones that should be cancelled. If we continue to watch them and keep the rating up, they will never be cancelled. Survivor is top on my list followed by Cold Case, Big Bang and How I met Your Mother. I could go on, however, I would like to point out that CBS made the same mistake with JAG. Viewers were able to get that show back on the air and it was sucessful for many seasons.

They even brought back the "New adventures of Old Christine", which in my opinion could have stayed on the shelf. I don't think CBS gave EH a chance to be successful just as it doomed "The Unit" and "Without a Trace", by continuely changing thier time slots. Some of you may like the shows that I have mentioned and you should continue to watch them . However, If you are watching them out of hahbit and the show no longer interests you, please stop watching.

Also, I hope we all make use of the addresses for CBS and other networks that have been provided. while all the high tech stuff is great, I think spending .42 for a low tech stamp and inundating these stations with letters can be just as powerful. Thanks for reading (listening).

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 15:29
by Famke
Hello and Welcome love11rufus!!!

I certainly know, most of us here will be waiting and watching CBS's new Fall shows sink like rocks! I have not watched one second of CBS since The Dark Day in May.

It's great to have you as a part of this fight to bring back out favorite show!

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 15:37
by ObsidianJade
Hello and welcome, love!

Believe me, you're in good company. Eleventh Hour was the only series I was watching on the 'Evil Eye' after the original CSI took a nosedive with Sara's departure and Warrick's death. After suffering through this exact same problem (one promising season followed by a cancellation) with Moonlight last year, and I've given up on the network. If they can't listen to their fans, they don't deserve to have them.

If you'd like to vent a few hard feelings, though, I created a thread especially for that a while back: viewtopic.php?f=5&t=53
The Creative Curses for Use Against CBS thread. Enjoy!!

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 19:02
by luvinx
love11rufus wrote:I was very happy to see so many viewers that had the same feeling as I did about the Eleventh Hour.

Yes, you have indeed come to the right place! ;) Welcome!! :D

love11rufus wrote: Initially I posted a note on Twitter for all EH lovers to protest CBS' cancellation of the show. I've seen their fall line up and evidently in spite of all the correspondence that has been sent and the opinions that have been posted, CBS still does not have EH on it's fall schedule.

We had a "Renewal Campaign" going on with daily correspondence as well as sending CBS watches set on "11" letting them know how much we loved the show and wanted it renewed. We all know the result.

love11rufus wrote:I think there are shows that have outlived their time and these are the ones that should be cancelled. If we continue to watch them and keep the rating up, they will never be cancelled. Survivor is top on my list followed by Cold Case, Big Bang and How I met Your Mother. I could go on, however, I would like to point out that CBS made the same mistake with JAG. Viewers were able to get that show back on the air and it was sucessful for many seasons.

They even brought back the "New adventures of Old Christine", which in my opinion could have stayed on the shelf. I don't think CBS gave EH a chance to be successful just as it doomed "The Unit" and "Without a Trace", by continuely changing thier time slots. Some of you may like the shows that I have mentioned and you should continue to watch them . However, If you are watching them out of hahbit and the show no longer interests you, please stop watching.

I think you will find that many of us have stopped watching CBS since May 19th, the day we all 'found out for sure'. But I am glad you brought this up and hope that it will convince any and all of our fellow members to stay away from CBS. As much as possible. I, for one, will no longer watch them at all.

Also, thanks for bringing up JAG. I know many of us are aware, but it is such a positive thing to know and realize, as we go about our activities with this Campaign.

love11rufus wrote:Also, I hope we all make use of the addresses for CBS and other networks that have been provided. while all the high tech stuff is great, I think spending .42 for a low tech stamp and inundating these stations with letters can be just as powerful. Thanks for reading (listening).

I agree! We need to send the letters out via 'snail mail' as much as we can.

Thank you for all your thoughts; they are appreciated and understood. Please share them as often as you can.

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 19:21
by æthre
Boycotting doesn't do anything anyway... so, yeah, I'm not giving up TBBT and Criminal Minds, ESPECIALLY since I'm Canadian. I mean, really, the only people who can make a statement by boycotting the networks are the Neilsen families, amirite? And as a Canadian, I count even less than a non-Neilsen American.

Just my two cents. And I hate boycotting in general, so, yeah.

PS: wrong category, moving it to The Show now.

But, welcome!

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 19:57
by Famke
Wow Nikki...

I saw the "locked thread".

I knew as our hard-working moderator you would move the well intended posts to keep everything organized. But, please don't forget these people are here to help us bring back EH. We appreciate everyone and what they have to say and all the effort they bring to the Campaign!

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 20:02
by ObsidianJade
Fam,

I'm the one that called Nikki in on the redundant threads. It's much easier and less headache-inducing to navigate an organized, streamlined forum than one with posts coming out of it's ASCII. Keeping the forums organized and minimally cluttered will provide a more comfortable and welcoming environment in the long run. We've got plenty of categories and places to post, and we're always interested in what our members, new or old, have to say.

~ Sarah

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 20:05
by Famke
Sarah,

I noticed the un-needed new threads right away. I have moderated forums myself.

I am just concerned that the tone seemed a tad hostile toward new posters.

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 20:09
by ObsidianJade
She's tired. Poor little computer-scientist isn't used to exercise, :lol: Can we cut her a little slack just this once? :D

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 20:15
by Famke
Okay I tried to delete but it is still here.........DAMN

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 20 Jun 2009, 23:33
by æthre
Haha, 'sokay. I actually meant to lock the eleventh hour thread ages ago - I just forgot since it got buried and stuff. But, well, necroposting, yay. So I just locked it now so that I would remember (what? It's a redundant topic anyway!)... whiiiich I shoulda explained in the post. Sorry. Will go do that.

And, yes, I was snappy and I am still snappy so I'm just going to shut up now and say sorry, but I just don't have it in me to be super nice and forgiving at the moment.

(It doesn't help that I'm sorta part of the elitist internet mindset and expect everyone know forum etiquette before posting anything. I try to control it considering most people here DON'T know all of it yet, but, well, it's hard when I'm tired and such.)

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 00:20
by ObsidianJade
Perhaps if you considered starting a 'Forum Etiquette' thread up top along with the Rules?

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 02:50
by ?
I'm sorry to inform everyone, but it will be too hard for me to stop watching CBS entirely. The Late Late Show is the only show that I will ever watch on CBS again. I usually do not get home in time to watch Conan, and I refuse to waste another minute of time watching Jimmy Fallon's disatrous attempt to convince people that he can entertain. I almost feel that watching Craig Ferguson is a betrayal to this cause, but every time he makes a crack at CBS, which is usually on a nightly basis, I can feel somewhat better about watching the guy. It is a short boring story, but he is technically the reason I started watching the Eleventh Hour remake to begin with. My loyalty is to Ferguson, not CBS. He has genuinely earned it, and I am sticking with him...for now. You can believe that I will go to extremes to avoid all sponsors of the Late Late Show though.

BTW, don't worry I am not part of the Nielsen system. CBS gets nothing from moi.
CBS Cares? :roll:

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 09:04
by luvinx
? wrote:I'm sorry to inform everyone, but it will be too hard for me to stop watching CBS entirely. The Late Late Show is the only show that I will ever watch on CBS again. I usually do not get home in time to watch Conan, and I refuse to waste another minute of time watching Jimmy Fallon's disatrous attempt to convince people that he can entertain. I almost feel that watching Craig Ferguson is a betrayal to this cause, but every time he makes a crack at CBS, which is usually on a nightly basis, I can feel somewhat better about watching the guy. It is a short boring story, but he is technically the reason I started watching the Eleventh Hour remake to begin with. My loyalty is to Ferguson, not CBS. He has genuinely earned it, and I am sticking with him...for now. You can believe that I will go to extremes to avoid all sponsors of the Late Late Show though.

BTW, don't worry I am not part of the Nielsen system. CBS gets nothing from moi.
CBS Cares? :roll:

Salty, I think you are ok there. :lol: As long as we all agree to try our best to "dislike CBS in the most extreme way", we are all of the same mindset! :lol:

And I know that each and every one of us is not gonna being "helping" CBS in any way. The "Evil Eye" has its reckoning coming. You watch your guy and I can only hope that his jokes against CBS get worse and more numerous! :twisted:

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 09:43
by ObsidianJade
I think *everyone's* jokes about CBS will be getting more numerous before long :D .

And is anyone here actually Nielsen??

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 16:32
by æthre
I'm going to hazard a guess and say no. I mean, statistically speaking, none of us should be since there's such a small number of people who are Nielsen families. Especially since we appear to be half non-American, XD

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 16:36
by ObsidianJade
Only half?

Kidding, kidding. Well, sort of. But I mean, seriously. We've got Canada, Mexico, Scotland, Argentina if I'm remembering correctly, and I'm sure a few others, but how many of us are Americans? (And why does this matter? [It doesn't, really, I'm just curious.])

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 16:51
by æthre
For the top ten posters...

America: 5
Canada: 2
Mexico: 1
UK: 1
Unknown: 1

So, yes, half of us are non-American.

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 18:02
by ObsidianJade
Just because it's interesting and I love the feature, Traffic on FF.net informs me that Minutes in Hours has had visitors from, among others, Croatia, Peru, Finland, Panama, Cyprus, and the Czech Revar.

I wonder if EH is actually broadcast/viewable in all of the above areas?

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 18:39
by onepercentclub
Peru and Panama and the rest of the Latin American countries are able to watch EH on WB. They showed a mini-marathon last Saturday (they only showed Subway, Olfactus and Medea, which I watched by the way).

Once I read at the tv.com forums someone from Turkey was able to watch the show, but I'm not sure how many European countries watch it aside from Spain and The UK.

And I'm not watching any show on CBS again... Since I don't live in the States :lol:
I won't download any show from CBS ever again.

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 21:34
by luvinx
onepercentclub wrote:And I'm not watching any show on CBS again... Since I don't live in the States :lol:

My EHSM, my smartass! :lol:

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 21:47
by æthre
Hey, I get CBS and I'm in Canadia! But lots of people in Europe will torrent American tv and stuff, so it doesn't surprise me that people from strange countries are reading EH fic.

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 21:48
by ObsidianJade
Of course it has nothing to do with my writing, :D . Just that they've torrented the show and like it.

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 21:50
by æthre
Ummm... of course?

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

PostPosted: 21 Jun 2009, 21:59
by ObsidianJade
Nikki... that was me fishing for compliments. You weren't supposed to agree, :D .