Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

Postby æthre » 22 Jun 2009, 16:25

But I like being contrary!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 22 Jun 2009, 17:15

Oh, that's a newsflash, :roll:

Just kidding, Nikki. We love you just the way you are.

So, how does thy garden grow?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 Jun 2009, 17:27

Full of weeds?
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 22 Jun 2009, 17:32

What, no silver bells and cockle shells? Tsk, tsk, tsk. :lol:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 23 Jun 2009, 09:48

Welcome, love11rufus!

I will be thrilled if CBS's new shows tank. Besides my obvious anger about EH, I was not pleased with the way Without a Trace was dumped. Even though I didn't enjoy the last seasons as much as the early ones, I think the fans who'd stuck around for seven years, not to mention the actors and crew, deserved a lot better. I will be even happier (as in, if there's no happy dance smiley I'll have to invent one) if The Mentalist's ratings plummet. However, I think organized boycotts rarely work, and when they do it's for issues of greater significance. I mean, I really, really, really want EH back, but it's not exactly as important as the Montgomery bus boycott. To me, there are two problem with boycotts: (1) they're hard to sustain, and (2) there is often a reactionary backlash, with a lot of people saying, "Who are you to tell me what I can and cannot do? I'm going to watch cbs just to show you!"

That said, I don't plan on tuning in to CBS. They've p!$$ed me off one time too many.

Nikki... that was me fishing for compliments. You weren't supposed to agree,

Sarah, consider me hooked! More MiH, please!
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 23 Jun 2009, 15:48

i have not watched cbs since 5-19-09...do not plan to support any new shows on this network eighter...still to mad........
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 23 Jun 2009, 16:11

kygal wrote:i have not watched cbs since 5-19-09...do not plan to support any new shows on this network eighter...still to mad........

I think many of us have the very same sentiment. I am also still too angry.... :evil:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 10 Jul 2009, 12:37

I don't watch CBS or any other American Network, except FOX. But I don't plan to become a fan of any new CBS show. Ever again.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 10 Jul 2009, 14:06

onepercentclub wrote:I don't watch CBS or any other American Network, except FOX. But I don't plan to become a fan of any new CBS show. Ever again.

A bit of a risky thing to do, eh, my friend?

Wonder why you watch FOX? *walks away smiling and whistling*
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 10 Jul 2009, 14:13

CBS = Cancel Best Shows
Can't Be Satisfied
Couldn't Be Stupider
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 10 Jul 2009, 14:39

rueful2 wrote:CBS = Cancel Best Shows
Can't Be Satisfied
Couldn't Be Stupider

Amen to that! :lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 10 Jul 2009, 16:56

luvinx wrote:A bit of a risky thing to do, eh, my friend?

I know!

luvinx wrote:Wonder why you watch FOX? *walks away smiling and whistling*

:lol: Oh yeah!!! :oops: Besides it's the only network I get, at least in the Latin American version ;)
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby Heradite » 24 Jul 2009, 11:08

I guess I'm the only who is going to keep watching CBS.

The Big Bang Theory is to funny to leave behind, and I like the Mentalist just as much as EH (Simon Baker deserves his emmy nomination, though Rufus Sewell deserves it more since he solely carried this show). Gary Unmarried also makes me laugh, and The Good Wife looks like an interesting new show.

I think I'm different because even if I fall in love with a show, and it gets canceled, I'm happy I was there to experience it while it lasted. It was a great ride, and while I'm sad shows like Jericho and Harper's island ended, I'm happy I watched them, and was there for the ride.

The thing is, if I'm to angry over one show, and decided to boycott CBS, I might miss out on an extremely good (though probably short) and addicting show. A show in which I would enjoy the run, whether it's a long or short run. Because this is TV, and I love TV. I love TV shows.

I watch 35 shows each season. Of CBS I only watch 4. On the CW I watch 5. On FOX I watch 9. On NBC 9. On ABC 8. 35 shows. CBS has the least number, though that's because they don't have that many interesting new shows this season other than the Good Wife.
Heradite
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 Jul 2009, 16:01

Holy hellfires, 35 shows every season??? When do you sleep?!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 Jul 2009, 16:12

You're in high school, aren't you? Or an unemployed arts student (arts as in English and history and such, not fine arts)?

It is entirely possible, especially if one watches a lot of sitcoms. I, personally, am watching all these shows and only one of them is a half hour dealie. Cuz, yeah, in addition to all the shows on the air currently, I watch a lot of shows on dvd.

Also, I'm continuing to watch CBS as well. (which I've said. Many times.) My life philosophy is shit happens and to work for the future instead of wallowing in the past. Mostly that just makes me a callous bitch, but whatever.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 24 Jul 2009, 18:50

Well, whether we watch CBS or not is a personal choice. Some have a show or 2 (or 3) that they really love and I don't expect that you should have to stop watching it. Others, like myself, either don't watch CBS much as it is or feel strongly enough where they just can't stomach the "Evil Eye" any longer. Regardless, as long as we don't go out of our way to "help" CBS, I think we are all okay. Plus, we are working together to do what we can for the future and our show, so we are being constructive and that is the best we can do.

Bottom line: everyone do what you feel comfortable doing. Oh, and most importantly, come back and do your emails/letters. ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 25 Jul 2009, 07:41

i agree...everyone should watch what they enjoy...whether its on cbs or not...but i am still not watching cbs at this time and do not plan to support any new shows in the fall...this may sound silly and i may miss out on some quality shows but i am still angry and want cbs to feel they made a mistake with cancelling eh...i do like simon baker but have never been able to warm up to the show the mentalist...have watched a couple of times....not near the show eh was...i can not bring myself to watch any show cbs puts in the time slot that belonged to eh...if all the new fall shows do well across the board on the networks and cable(doubt that will happen though)then there is no room for eh...i just want the show back so lets keep the letters and e mails going........
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 25 Jul 2009, 09:00

Very well put, kygal. Couldn't agree more! ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby vmaciv » 25 Jul 2009, 21:07

I think the fall will be interesting for all the networks. At one point viewers are the ones who permit networks to provide drivel for programming. And the way that demos are skewered the networks can go a long time before they figure it out because all they need to do is keep a small slice of the epie happy. Movies learn much quicker what makes sense and that is why Movies usually stay ahead of the curve.

I do not plan on watching many of the shows on TV because they do not interest me and the last few Mentalist episodes were fairly methodical.

I do not believe EH will return to TV. Jerry Bruckheimer seems to have gone totally 20 and under in all his efforts so I do not see much hope.

I hope Rufus Sewell does well in his other efforts because he is really a gifted actor who really provided enjoyment and gave warmth to the character he played. My hat is off to him and I hope I get to see him again.
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 25 Jul 2009, 21:30

vmaciv wrote:I do not believe EH will return to TV. Jerry Bruckheimer seems to have gone totally 20 and under in all his efforts so I do not see much hope.

I will not lie to you and tell you that I know our efforts will be successful. However, I still feel that EH is worth these efforts, and that, come Fall, it will be essential to hit all the networks again to give us our greatest chance. Our Campaign goal right now is mainly to remain visible, even as we know their attentions are elsewhere. Come Fall and after, we will have to switch gears and expect more.

As for JB, he has gotten SO big that he has his fingers in so many pies....should we be successful, it would be so easy for him to stick one right back into the "EH pie". Not only that, but we really have never known if there are plans on his or WB's part to bring EH back. You never know. And, as we all know, he is gonna be working with SG so things could happen between the 2 of them without us even being aware of it.

Whether we are alone in this, "partners" in this, or we are making something happen faster with our support....well, we just don't know. What I do know is that I still want to try.

I hope that you stick with us because we need each and every EH fan to stand together. And I send some hope your way, since it sounds like you need some. ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 26 Jul 2009, 07:55

i agree 100%...we need to try to bring our show back...if it does not work...we did what we could...definitely need to stay in contact with sg about our support amd contact jb and wb when the time is right... it never made sense why and how eh ended...it just ended...no reruns...nothing...always thought this was a bit fishy...maybe this is a good sign for its return... or maybe not... but iam hopeful....
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby vmaciv » 26 Jul 2009, 20:46

I will always support EH I am just really disillusioned about what is on TV and planned for TV. I really am uninterested in the next guy with a leather jacket or three piece suit or cop uniform shooting or smiling their way to heroism. I ave gonr without watching TV for a long time because so many of the shows provided a sameness that was quite boring and it appears that my TV watching will be limited to the closer and numbers. With the ocassional Saving Grace.

I wish Jerry Bruckheimer had really gotten behind the show but somehow I really think he did not. Perhaps after over selling it, he no idea how to make it work. I am very proud of our effort but I am really concerned that it has fallen on deaf ears.

It is really sad because I really enjoyed the show and the gentleman who brought that show some life. I will however keep coming to the site and send any emails to anyone anywhere. I have been wrong before. I would love to be wrong now.
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 26 Jul 2009, 21:03

vmaciv wrote:I will always support EH I am just really disillusioned about what is on TV and planned for TV.

I do not blame you. As a matter of fact, I feel the same way really. I guess that is just one more reason why I have gotten behind this effort, as it seems to help me deal with the lack of quality programming out there. Among many other things, it provides a distraction from all the crap out there.

Remember, we are all doing our part to "save" TV as we love it. That is something that can never be denied. And, as I have said before, perhaps there is more hope out there than even we know.

Thanks for hanging in there....we would really miss you. And come here and get infused with our hope and faith anytime....that is what we are all here for! :D
kygal wrote:i agree 100%...

Thank you for all your thoughts, kygal. And hope. It means a lot. ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 26 Jul 2009, 22:40

Yes, where the heck is the Emmy nomination for Rufus Sewell? He did an outstanding job playing Hood.
Do I need to say damn you CBS one more time?
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 27 Jul 2009, 14:21

rufus does deserve an emmy nod...iam sure cbs would not support this...how would they look when they cancelled an emmy show or actor...like the idiots they are i guess...
kygal
Middle Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to The Show