Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Let's Boycott The Shows CBS is Forcing on the Public

Postby luvinx » 27 Jul 2009, 15:50

kygal wrote:...like the idiots they are i guess...

:lol: Yep!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 27 Jul 2009, 17:20

Meh, Emmys, and all awards, are stupid anyway. They're all so fundamentally flawed and I do my best to avoid them every year.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 27 Jul 2009, 18:57

æthre wrote:Meh, Emmys, and all awards, are stupid anyway. They're all so fundamentally flawed and I do my best to avoid them every year.

Very true. I cannot remember the last time I actually watched one!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 27 Jul 2009, 20:06

I can't recall a time in which I even bothered to look up who won. I skimmed the nominations this year due to boredom at work and it just proved how ridiculous it is. I watched nine shows last season. Eight of said nine were nominated for something. Ridiculous - they just try and nominate every show that they can.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby vmaciv » 27 Jul 2009, 21:12

kygal wrote:rufus does deserve an emmy nod...iam sure cbs would not support this...how would they look when they cancelled an emmy show or actor...like the idiots they are i guess...

Do not get me started on this. I am furious that CBS did not permit the nomination. I know that the networks have made every effor to make sure that cancelled shows do not get nominations because they have gotten a"black eye" excuse the pun for just such things.

I thought awards should be given based on Merit. It is not to say that those nominated do not deserve it, I am saying all who deserve should be nominated not simply those the networks deem worthy.
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby onepercentclub » 28 Jul 2009, 12:33

And still I think people, a panel or whatever have to watch all those videos submitted by the actors. So let's say that if of those people many are from CBS, CBS's actors or shows are more likely to win.

At least that's what I heard when The Practice and Ally McBeal were winning and I thought they were not that good.

But you're all right, awards are blah.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ? » 01 Sep 2009, 11:45

CBS cares?
That is the mock slogan Craig Ferguson gives CBS when he seems humorously irritated with his employer. I think that it is supposed to actually mean something though. Not so shockingly, CBS has started using it in some of its advertising. I wonder if the execs understand that this is definitely not meant to be a complement. They seriously treat this Ferguson guy like yesterday's newspaper. His studio is a "closet" space. He was able to consistently able to stick very close to Conan's ratings, and to my understanding he is consistently ahead of Fallen. He does this all without lighting, a lousy band, HD, a sidekick, or even a scripted monologue. He finally started broadcasting in HD last night, but even that seemed like a simple formality. It is something that he should have had at least a year and a half ago. All other talk shows and even some reality shows on CBS have all had HD for quite a while.

My point is this. We must remember that we are not technically a television network's customers as we do not pay for the service. We are at the hands of advertisers. I should have seen these signs months ago. CBS does not care. I did not watch CBS for anything other then Eleventh Hour and Craig Ferguson, and now I think I understand why I don't. When CBS or any other executives fuck with the only two shows on their channel that I watch, I see no further need to continue my viewership with anything new, and I do not see any reason to try anything else on CBS for a period of 4 or 5 years. Knowing what I know now, I would much rather any other channel pick up Eleventh Hour at a 13 episode season, then to give CBS the opportunity to ever cancel EH again. CBS is one of the worst networks for existing shows. Their treatment of many shows is horrendous. I can not imagine what condition low level shows on this channel get, but I know that it can not be good.
"?"
?
Kindergartener

Postby kygal » 01 Sep 2009, 15:30

I agree...And I do like Craig Ferguson. He had Rufus on to talk about EH before it started...that was a hoot to watch on UTUBE. CBS has shown us they do not care about the viewers and we do have choices.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 01 Sep 2009, 20:08

What I still don't understand is why CBS first ordered EH to series with 13 episodes and then, after the show premiered, around January, they ordered 5 more. For me, that was a hint that the show was going to be renewed. But after the 5 episodes order I noticed that CBS just didn't care. They noticed that The Mentalist had more ratings than EH and focused all their attention on it.

But we'll see... How bad TM's ratings will be next fall. I can feel it, not because I love EH but because I know for sure the show is not even that good. And I've read awful comments from the very loyal fans from the show.

And they will think about EH... And why they didn't give it a second season.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby rueful2 » 02 Sep 2009, 08:41

They really did ignore the potential of EH. No promotion, no reruns. I know this has been said before, but from a business standpoint it makes absolutely no sense. The only explanation seems to be that there were some high-level cbs executives who didn't want the show from the beginning, who maybe had been overruled when it was acquired. Maybe they couldn't do anything to sink it, but they weren't going to do anything to make it succeed either. So when it didn't have the ratings of The Mentalist (ugh, don't get me started on the vapidity and hammy acting!), they could point and see, "We told you so!"
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 03 Sep 2009, 04:26

I think you are right. It never made sense how CBS treated EH. I think things were happening behind the scenes we dont know about. I think they expected EH to do better than it did and they did nothing to help the show out when it did not live up to expectations. But it did do well enough to live on...there are so many shows out there that do not have the ratings or fans EH had/has. The no rerun thing is something that I really dont get. I think they only showed one show as a repeat during the season. They could have showed reruns even after cancellation. Thats why I think something was happening on the inside and our poor show was caught in the middle. Sounds like bad business to me.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 03 Sep 2009, 07:43

Agreed. The no-promotions thing is kind of the tip-off. Ten p.m. isn't a great timeslot, but it's not horrible, particularly given it was right after their CSI cash cow. They didn't jump it around btwn days, although I wasn't thrilled with the continued pre-emption issues... Who cares about basketball when you could be watching EH, anyway?!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 03 Sep 2009, 11:16

Yes, this was all bogus from day one. We all knew it but tried to have high hopes anyhow. I very much agree that there was something behind the scenes that we don't know about that played a huge part in this.

When you really look at it, EH did better than anyone gives it credit for being on a network that tried its best (and succeeded) to sink its own show. Shame on them.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ? » 22 Sep 2009, 22:04

I was on the Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson IMDb board a few moments ago, and an interesting CBS topic came up.
http://www.businessinsider.com/10-household-names-veering-towards-bankruptcy-2009-9#cbs-cbs-7

Ok, this is not too surprising at this point, and it does answer some questions. It is still slightly alarming.
"?"
?
Kindergartener

Postby kygal » 23 Sep 2009, 04:15

Very interesting..........
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 23 Sep 2009, 20:13

Yeah... Very interesting...
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 23 Sep 2009, 20:55

Definitely interesting....but a tad worrisome as well.
luvinx
High Schooler

Previous

Return to The Show