Famke's letter to JB

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Famke's letter to JB

Postby æthre » 07 Jul 2009, 21:45

My faith in him has been shattered! Make moar crime procedurals plz! I don't think I can get enough of those!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 07 Jul 2009, 21:46

Better yet, don't make more, just bring EH back for another six seasons or so. And for the love of the gods, give CSI a decent burial already!!!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 07 Jul 2009, 21:51

True that!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 07 Jul 2009, 21:57

ObsidianJade wrote:Better yet, don't make more, just bring EH back for another six seasons or so. And for the love of the gods, give CSI a decent burial already!!!

Hear, hear!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby love11rufus » 22 Jul 2009, 12:53

I personally thought the letter was perfect in it's original format.. Obviously JB thinks cable is a good venue for new programs. He just launced a new series, "Dark Blue" on TNT. It is good and since it's airing now, I don't think it will conflict with JB's CSI New York in the fall.
love11rufus
Preschooler

Postby love11rufus » 20 Aug 2009, 14:44

Since we are supporting JB, I think we need to be specific when we mention CSI. JB also produced CSI NY, CSI Miami and CSI. I don't think he would appreciate criticism of his other shows. He is not involved in NCIS and NCIS LA.
love11rufus
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 20 Aug 2009, 17:00

love11rufus wrote:I don't think he would appreciate criticism of his other shows.

You are probably right there, but no one means any offense. I think it is a combination of anger and venting over EH and the fact that CSI has dipped waaaay down in the quality department. I used to love CSI and, as Sarah said, would rather see it end before it hits its lowest point ever.

Who knows though? Perhaps they will recover this year and my point will be mute.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 20 Aug 2009, 17:05

I don't think he is reading this OR would care if anyone has become disenchanted with his series. Everyone, except for myself, here who has something to grouse about with CSI has watched, and liked, the show for ages. The main complaint seems to be that it is not how it was a few seasons ago. That's an inevitable sentiment in all shows, really.

I mean, how many of us are XF fans and aren't really all that fond of the last few seasons in which it was mostly Mulderless? And I'm a MASSIVE Stargate fan and I can't stand season 9 of SG-1. Just because you don't like a few seasons of a show doesn't mean that you don't like the show itself :3
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 20 Aug 2009, 20:31

æthre wrote:The main complaint seems to be that it is not how it was a few seasons ago.

It's not just that it's 'not how it was.' It's more that it's done a full 180 from where it was. In the beginning, it was light-humored and driven by small glimpses of interaction between the characters; Cath and Griss' friendship, a great deal of UST floating between Cath and Warrick and later on Griss and Sara, and it was, despite the subject matter, a surprisingly cheery show.

The last couple of seasons have seen it take a complete turnaround - it's become a forensic soap opera, the plots have become absurdly convoluted, the themes are darker (yeah, darker than murder... go figure!) and the characters have been forced into behaviors that they would never have condoned in themselves. Warrick abusing drugs and attempting murder, Sara drinking herself half to death, Grissom merrily walking out on his team (well, what little of it has managed to survive...)

And of course, there is Hodges. That man needs to be shot.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 20 Aug 2009, 20:45

Yeah.

It is different than it was a few seasons ago.

XP
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 20 Aug 2009, 20:48

I have to agree with Sarah. What is wrong with having a normal character, someone who has a normal life, likes to go out for drink and solves whatever problem he has? But yes, all of them have issues.

I'm also a huge XF fan and I actually liked the last 2 Mulderless seasons but the show was OK and was enjoyable, but I just can't stand watching CSI anymore. It's lost its soul.

And about Hodges, yes! He needs to be shot, cut into little pieces and feed them to a wolf.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 20 Aug 2009, 20:52

That would poison the wolf, therefore cannot be condoned - feed him to Michael Vick instead.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 20 Aug 2009, 20:58

Yeah, you're right, I like that, Sarah. Much better. :x
Last edited by onepercentclub on 20 Aug 2009, 20:59, edited 1 time in total.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 20 Aug 2009, 20:59

Re: XF: You're one of the few then, Lu. The eight season was just about unwatchable but the ninth was better... though I don't know if that was in comparison XP
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 20 Aug 2009, 21:05

I think the difference Nikki could be that XF had a smaller cast than CSI. And Doggett and Reyes were introduced while Scully and Mulder were still on the show and I guess I got used to them. I have to agree with you that the 8th season was a little hard for me to watch after Mulder 'died' but I think the stories were still good and entertaining. I don't think it lost its essence.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 20 Aug 2009, 21:12

Mmm. I'm just not fond of Doggett without Reyes for some reason. I found that most of the eight season was rather boring and I had to plow through it. Probably cuz they put in waaaay too many serious/unfunny episodes in that season.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby love11rufus » 21 Aug 2009, 12:22

You're missing the point. Whether you like CSI or don't like it (don't watch it), we are about EH amd that's where our focus should be and that where we want JB's focus to be. And besides, you never know who's reading what.
love11rufus
Preschooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 21 Aug 2009, 14:44

Of course we're about EH, love. Which is why we wish JB would surrender to the inevitable, allow CSI a peaceful death, and return his focus to his most promising series, Eleventh Hour, regardless of the fact that CBasS, in their infinite lack of wisdom, elected not to continue.

As to who's reading what, do you know something we don't?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 21 Aug 2009, 15:14

love11rufus wrote:....we are about EH amd that's where our focus should be and that where we want JB's focus to be.

Sure we are, love. But we can't be about EH 24/7. It is just not practical and will just lead to burnout. Many of us (maybe you as well) have been doing this since March/April and it is nice to be able to talk to one another about other things, even in EH threads. When EH needs us to be, we are focused 110%, and we are that much stronger when we pace ourselves. Besides, JB is probably the "poster child" for any type of multitasking, as I have to search in order to find something without his name on it.

Either way, we all have our own opinions and the only person who is wrong is the one who doesn't respect someone else's. I have yet to see that here and I am proud of it.
ObsidianJade wrote:As to who's reading what, do you know something we don't?

I have to admit to my curiosity as well, here. Do you? :shock: :lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 21 Aug 2009, 20:21

Again I agree with Sarah and Kel.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 Aug 2009, 13:56

I agree with Sarah, Kel and Lu. We are NOT going to only talk about EH. That would be boring. Aaaand we also agreed on that ages ago back on the CBS forums :3

Also, I'm of the opinion that nobody from JB is reading this. Why? Because nobody cares what anyone says on the internet... unless it causes a scandal irl. People accuse twitter users to just talking to airspace. The same applies to the greater interwebs, imho. Yes, you never know who's reading what, but, as someone who is tracking website statistics for several years, I can say that pretty much no one is reading (or, if they are, caring about) what anyone has to say.

For example, we're currently averaging at about 50 unique hits a day. Not 50 people, unique hits. If I view this site at work and then at home on all three of the computers I have access to, I count as four unique hits. On average, 8 pages are viewed and 7 minutes are spent on the site. So, yeah, I don't think anyone is paying too close attention to what's going on here :3 Especially since the regulars tend to check several times a day, most, if not all, of the threads and then reply as well.

I'm rambling.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 22 Aug 2009, 15:35

Nikki, there's a nice bubble for a lot of our newer members.... you don't need to be quite so quick to pop it.

In any case, we know SG has a link to us on his blog page and is quite possibly checking in here. The possibility of JB, any of his people, or the actors reading and/or following us, while low, still exists.

And if Rufus is reading us.... dearest gods, I hope he stays out of his thread!! :oops:

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 Aug 2009, 18:35

I'm a scientist. My job is to pop bubbles.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 23 Aug 2009, 00:11

ObsidianJade wrote:And if Rufus is reading us.... dearest gods, I hope he stays out of his thread!! :oops:

Yes please!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Previous

Return to The Show