Stephen Gallagher's Response

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Stephen Gallagher's Response

Postby luvinx » 24 May 2009, 08:48

Nikki, don't be mad but I wanted a thread dedicated (at least, initially) to this response. We can always merge it elsewhere later or whatever. I want to get everyone's reaction and thoughts to it and to the future of the Campaign. Try and just talk about that in this thread. I never mind OT, but I think this is extremely important and want to get everyone's input.

Like I have said before, I will be in and out for the next couple of days but I will be checking back. I want to hear everyone's thoughts on this.

And, by the way, is Jackie one of us? Make yourself known! :lol: And if I know you already, I am so sorry. I am going on a week of having the same headache.

So, here it is:

Guys, I went ahead and took the letter out after thinking about it further. We don't always know who is on this site poking around as a guest, and I don't want to betray any trust that SG has in us. If you are interested in seeing it and have reached a minimum of 50 posts, please PM me and I will send the letter directly to you. I just respect SG too much and don't want to lose the respect he has for us. Thank you for understanding!

Talk to you all soon. And know that I think that this is a positive email. But I will say no more as I want all unbiased reactions.
Last edited by luvinx on 07 Aug 2009, 11:10, edited 2 times in total.
luvinx
High Schooler

Re: Stephen Gallagher's Response

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 11:13

I love his last point for the show, XD So true! And I agree with him on the whole don't-bombard-JR thing - totally not cool since they still want the show to live, XD

Though, I have to say... who ISN'T a cable subscriber? Even I've got cable and I'm making $14.51 an hour, XD Hell, if it wasn't too much work, I'd probably be paying for StarChoice again. Mmmm, 50 different Globals...

I have nothing constructive to say... well, other than that I don't care if you make 100 threads, Kel, as long as it makes sense, XD If you want, you can start a one post thread that'll function as an up-to-date what we're doing right now and I can set it so that it's on every forum like the rules are. If that makes sense to you? Y'd just have to edit the post when you wanna say something new (and change the title to have a timestamp of the last change or something.)
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 11:32

Well that's just freakin' awesome.

:D

I read the letter twice just to be sure that I am being totally realistic. Still this is so great!!!!

It is inspiring to see that he is happy about and (unofficially) supportive of our efforts. YAY!

He gave some good advice to the areas we should be focusing as well and also bulleted out some key positive things we need to be saying about Eleventh Hour in our requests.

What a long heartfelt letter he wrote!!! What a cool guy!

We love you Stephen!!!
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 12:04

I have several things to say about his response:

1. First of all, what a nice person to have given you Kel and all of us the time to address us and let us know what he thinks and also give us advice on how to act.

2. His support. Pretty neat!!! He loves his work on this show and he definitely has hope.

3. If he still has hope, if someone at the network wanted the show to live, if JB and Warner wanted the show to go on and are disappointed the show is cancelled, then I have hope too and I won't take a break until I'm given an answer, no matter what it is (remembering Hood when he said that a negative resutl is as good as a positive result).

4. It's true. EH might be expensive to produce. But if any XF fan remember the episode 'Ice', then they will remember why it was written: They needed to cut their budget and M&S spent the whole episode locked up in a place with only 3 other characters and the episode is a classic. So I would take any EH episode with... well, you know what I mean. In case it goes to cable.

5. He totally read my mind about the show going to cable. We all know the budget would be tighter, so why not make it a miniseries (but hey, bringing it back, not a one time thing)? Or what they heck give it less episodes? I'm sure he has many stories to tell. And there would be less censorship. And we will enjoy them more.

6. Him mentioning that the cast is less tricky to reunite is awesome.

Now, where do we go from here? We stick to our plan about EVERYONE sending letters or do we change it and send one from all?

We definitely need to chat tonight, I'm on!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 12:12

Oh I love that episode of the X-Files! Totally one of my favourites!

And cable means less censorship? Really? I didn't know that... wow, that'd be 100x awesomer than network then! You know me and censorship!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 24 May 2009, 12:20

Yes, chat for sure tonight.

I agree with Nikki and SG. We can compose one letter to JB, all sign it, and send it off. I can write it, along with Famke and anyone else who would like to. We can combine our ideas and make one kick*ss letter. I figured we could sign it something to the effect of "the core members or the Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign" and then each and every one of our names.

Nikki, is there a way to set something up where we could actually all sign it?

I have some other ideas, but I still want to hear from everyone. Guys, I saw that 8 people viewed it but only a couple responded. I need everyone in for this, so let me know your thoughts. Once I hear from everyone, I will put my 2 cents in and go from there!

Also, kind of a belated thought, but does everyone think that posting this letter here was an ok thing to do? I do not want to betray any trust that SG had in us, although there is nothing in his letter that can be seen as negative. We can always remove it if necessary. Let me know.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 12:32

Hmmm... I dunno... (er, about the betraying SG's trust thing.) Maybe.

About the number of people viewing it... it's not individual people, it's number of hits. At least two of the hits are me.

As for everyone actually signing it. Yeah, as long as people can sign stuff with their mouse or have access to a scanner, I can totally do that.

If we're mailing a physical letter, the solution is obvious - just draw out a list and pass the letter around between people to sign. The last person to get the letter mails it to whoever is the ultimate destination, XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 12:44

Kel, I think that you should remove the letter and just show it to those who you know, you trust because you're right, he addressed that letter to you, not to all of us. You can post the highlights and act on whatever he advised right here.

And I can get a letter from many Mazatlecan fans.

Will we be violating any kind of rule or rights if we went to all those sites that have posted their disappointment for the cancellation and send their names or a print? Like the CBS forums for example?

I can go to all those Latin American sites.

There are so many things I want to do I don't know if they're right.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 12:50

onepercentclub wrote:We definitely need to chat tonight, I'm on!

I can be on to go over details too just say when.

luvinx wrote:I agree with Nikki and SG. We can compose one letter to JB, all sign it, and send it off. I can write it, along with Famke and anyone else who would like to. We can combine our ideas and make one kick*ss letter. I figured we could sign it something to the effect of "the core members or the Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign" and then each and every one of our names.

I will be happy to help in ANY way!!! :P

luvinx wrote:Also, kind of a belated thought, but does everyone think that posting this letter here was an ok thing to do? I do not want to betray any trust that SG had in us, although there is nothing in his letter that can be seen as negative. We can always remove it if necessary. Let me know.

I'm not sure. :? I figure he knows we are a "Campaign" and that we share info as a group, but on the other hand, he also stated it wouldn't look good for him to be seen fostering a campaign??? ARRGH Not sure.

aethre wrote:As for everyone actually signing it. Yeah, as long as people can sign stuff with their mouse or have access to a scanner, I can totally do that.

If we're mailing a physical letter, the solution is obvious - just draw out a list and pass the letter around between people to sign. The last person to get the letter mails it to whoever is the ultimate destination, XD

I'm lucky- I have a writing pad.

The physically mailing it around thing WOULD look great with the signatures. The problem is- many campaign members are from all over the world. This would make mailing it expensive and the letter would take weeks to travel.

Pehaps, some of us could "sign for" other members.
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 12:56

Famke,
please join un on the chat tonight. Whenever you're free, Nikki and I have the same hour, here it's almost 1 pm so I'm usually there at 8 or 9 pm. Let us know when you can please.

About many fans being from all over the world, we can ask them to send some sort of 'signature' scanned or in an email and send it over with the letters.

And you're right, we can even sign from other fans. The thing is to get that letter with all those signatures ASAP.

I can even get signature from people who don't watch the show! Just to support me.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 13:03

onepercentclub wrote:
I can even get signature from people who don't watch the show! Just to support me.

HAHA!!! GOOD POINT!

*to everyone I know* If you REALLY love me you will sign this letter.... 8-)

Okay! I am just an hour behind you, so I will check in at 7:00 for chat!
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 13:09

Um, signing for other people is a federal offense... XD

And, uh, Lu...? I think I'm actually on Kel's time now, XD I shifted a time zone to the right. East. Whichever. (According to wiki, I totally am in Kel's time. Actually, I'm always in Kel's timezone - I just don't have DST.) As for what time I'll be on... I'm always there, but not always at the keyboard, XD I'm there right now, actually, but the window is buried behind VLC-in-fullscreen.

As for the letter chain thing... yeah, it'd take time but the cost to mail a letter actually isn't that expensive... It costs $1.73 to mail a letter from my house in SK to some place in England via Canada Post, for example.

Of course, the sharing-addresses-with-people-on-the-interwebs thing is also a factor, XD One that doesn't affect me since I'm in a temp residence.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 13:21

aethre wrote:Um, signing for other people is a federal offense... XD

Even with consent?....Awwww Damn!

Go ahead and mark that in the category of Famke's Really Bad Ideas.

:mrgreen:
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 13:25

Yeah, even with consent, XD iirc.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 13:32

Famke wrote:HAHA!!! GOOD POINT!

*to everyone I know* If you REALLY love me you will sign this letter.... 8-)

Okay! I am just an hour behind you, so I will check in at 7:00 for chat!

That's the idea Famke! So no signing without consent then... But green light to 'If you love me sign here'.

So, we'll see you there.

Nikki, I didn't know! But you're there most of the time, so you might want to keep an eye to see us there, like always :)
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 13:43

Yeah, I'm watchin'. I shuffled the ChatZilla over onto my second monitor so I can see it whilst watching Eureka.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 24 May 2009, 15:13

Guys, don't worry about the number of names. We are not doing a petition here. We can sign it with our core member names and represent all the others. To me, it would be the members of this site who are those core members.

As for actual signatures....isn't there a central place we can post said letter and everyone can access it from their own computer and sign? Remember, I am stupid, but in this day and age it seems like if you can think it, it has been done. Physically mailing it would take too long.

Famke, start drafting a letter to JB if you can. I will as well. We can coordinate or whatever from there. If anyone else wants in, just say the word.

I will be at chat. Just not sure when. But I will be there.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 15:38

luvinx wrote:
Famke, start drafting a letter to JB if you can. I will as well. We can coordinate or whatever from there. If anyone else wants in, just say the word.

I will be at chat. Just not sure when. But I will be there.

Okay Kel, I'm on it.

See ya later in chat hopefully.
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 15:40

Ummm, everyone can email me (nikki@anovelconcept.net) high res scans of their signatures (or ones drawn into photoshop or the ilk via one's mouse or tablet) and I can compile them into the letter, if that makes sense to everyone else?

Cuz, yeah, all of the online document managers I can think of aren't exactly good enough for what we wanna do. (Or, well, maybe they just don't reach my standards, XD)
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 May 2009, 19:02

Re: the signatures; is there a free software/download that those of us without access to your preferred high-end drawing software can use in order to do this?

Re: The letter going out; I would be delighted to help with that in any way possible

Re: SG's response: I'm afraid I didn't get here quickly enough to see his letter back. If you would be willing to send me a copy (Ensignbiki@aol.com) I would be forever grateful. And it won't go beyond me, of course.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 19:08

That's why I said 'or the ilk', Sarah, XD

As for drawing software... I haven't the foggiest clue for the mac... You can always try whatever they've got installed on their computers by default.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 19:13

Soory, I don't know a darn thing about Mac either. :(

Nikki- I emailed you my signature. Thank you so much!
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby vmaciv » 24 May 2009, 22:30

Is there any way to simply tell us when you will post the reply preferably at night since being online during the day is hard and let everyone see it before you remove it permanently. I cannot tell if the response was postive or negative. I am not sure I understand the "show is expensive to make". They have a cast of three people how can it be anymore expensive than the Mentalist. I believe CBS bought it for quite a bit of money so is there some issue with getting it elsewhere where CBS would be duly compensated?

I am happy to sign any letter with respect to 11th Hour but I am not sure how I could manage that online. I do plan to send an letter to Jerry Bruckheimer myself. Some how I think that is important. You cannot say you are in support of something and then not mail a letter.

Would SG be willling to have Mr. Bruckheimer post to this site and let us know if he supports our efforts or if he feels that there is no way for him to move the show. I am a little confused by some of the comments
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby Famke » 25 May 2009, 09:50

vmaciv,

No worries, It will all be clear when you read his letter. It went over some pros and cons we have going for us and against us. Thats where the "expensive to make" comment is from- and refers to a cable channel picking up the show. The letter over-all is very postive and inspiring. :)

As for the letter coming from us- An easy way to sign the letter online is use the pencil in Windows Paint (if you have it) and sign with your mouse. Then simply save the file and email it to Nikki/Aethre. (nikki@anovelconcept.net)

vmaciv wrote:Would SG be willling to have Mr. Bruckheimer post to this site and let us know if he supports our efforts or if he feels that there is no way for him to move the show.

Actually, we are doing the opposite. We are letting Bruckheimer know that we support them. JB and SG are still both supportive of EH, and are continuing to work together- SG has been signed on to a new JB project!!!

Its all good stuff to hear!
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby wanderinmuse » 26 May 2009, 23:36

I realize I'm the newbie but is there anyway I might be able to read SG's letter to better understand what is actually going on? I don't want to send correspondence that might prove detrimental to the purpose of this effort.
Thanks.
wanderinmuse
Preschooler

Next

Return to The Show