Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Postby luvinx » 22 May 2009, 21:30

I did see that! Bravo, dvikib! Niiice! :D

Forgot to say, Famke....I love your avatar. God, my feet just go numb when I see it....he is so gorgeous. *thud*
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Famke » 22 May 2009, 21:34

luvinx wrote:Forgot to say, Famke....I love your avatar. God, my feet just go numb when I see it....he is so gorgeous. *thud*

I know...it almost hurts when I look at it. *sigh*

Here is a present for ya:
Last edited by Famke on 22 May 2009, 21:38, edited 1 time in total.
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 22 May 2009, 21:36

Famke wrote:HEY. Did you guys see the kudos that dvikb got over on the Stephen Gallagher blog!?

I saw it, it's awesome!!!

Edit: Famke, I love that picture!!! He's so gorgeous!!!
DAMN YOU CBS!!!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 22 May 2009, 21:59

Famke, you are evil! Now I can't feel my legs! :lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby dvikib » 22 May 2009, 22:10

You guys beat me to my posting about my excitement over seeing that Dr. McFee, a medical toxicologist. mentioned our renewal campaign in Stephen's blog. For those who didn't see my original post about the doctor's article praising EH over in the CBS forums, I'm reposting here.
The doctor said she was pleasantly surprised when she found out from friends that her article was posted on the EH renewal site. Here is the link to her original full article about EH and my condensed version of it. I printed and mailed the full article to CBS...to no avail. Below that is a link to Dr. McFee's post to Stephen's blog regarding cancellation of the series.

http://www.familysecuritymatte
rs.org/publications/id.3152/pu
b_detail.asp

The writer, Dr. Robin McFee, is a physician and medical toxicologist. An expert in WMD preparedness, she is a consultant to government agencies,corporations and the media. She is a member of the Global Terrorism, Political Instability and International Crime Council of ASIS International.

"Eleventh Hour,’ ‘24’ and ‘CSI’ - Want to See the Future Played Out Today? These are the Shows to Watch!

Eleventh Hour , 24 and CSI (the franchise), provide a weekly insight into the tremendous advancements being made by the sciences and our ability to utilize such breakthroughs for good or evil. These shows are extremely well acted and reasonably well researched. At a time when the science and math gap are widening between U.S and international students, perhaps it is time to allow art imitating life to now inform as well. Maybe we ought to make EH, 24 and CSI “must see TV” in the classroom. These shows are also largely devoid of profanity, gratuitous sex or unnecessary violence.

Now enter Dr. Hood, the 21st century science sleuth in EH . He is ...someone we can relate to – genius classification notwithstanding.He’s driven by a strong moral compass. He is a scientist who wrestles with the power of science, embracing it with a sense of awe while tempering it with the reality there is an ethical question that, though often ignored requires answering. A recent episode examined human cloning – the technology was about to be used to replicate lost loved ones and as a source of human tissue from which to harvest. Clearly the dark side of the stem cell, genetic engineering and yes, cloning issue that we are embarking upon; these are happening today. The train has left the station in terms of the science – there is no turning back. What do we do with it, and where do we draw the line between miracle source of vital organs and the rights of life forms we have literally created? Though relegated (deservedly so?) to the conspiracy theorists, in the early stages of the novel strain of swine flu, there was concern it was genetically engineered. But instead of the adversarial and heated accusatory clashes between differing sides of the aisle on these technologies, which remain pervasive in political discourse, lack of serious coverage on these emerging issues persists. Eleventh Hour takes a more measured but no less instructive tone to the science – raising important questions that should be embraced in our schools and brought up in public discourse.

Which show is on the renewal bubble? Reality Barbie or Eleventh Hour – a show that covers issues we all should be talking about – the scientific advances that hold real promise for cure or raise critical concerns we as a society need to consider? Would it surprise anyone in our “looking glass” upside world that while idiotic “reality” shows continue to saturate the airwaves, hip, smart and intelligent shows like Eleventh Hour face potential cancellation..."

**************************************************************************************************************
Dr. McFee's post on Stephen's blog
https://www.blogger.com/comment.g?blogI ... 969&page=1
dvikib
Preschooler

Postby vmaciv » 22 May 2009, 22:14

Sorry about not being smart enough to use edit. I'll remember next time. I did not think we started the rumor and I think if it were in reference to us the article would have worded it differently. I am going to continue down the list of folks to mail. But I am really under the impression that something is afoot. I believe Jerry Bruckheimer had a partnership with Warner for this show and perhaps some one feels they can still get return on their money. In any case I am going to keep writing and do a little surfing on the net.

See you guys tomorrow. This is really awesome.
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby onepercentclub » 22 May 2009, 22:22

Yes, Warner Brothers owns EH as well as Without a Trace, Cold Case and The Mentalist, because I get to see all of them on WB here in Mexico.

Edit: dvikib I love that article that first time I read it and I love it now. Reality Barbie? Yeah, I guess those shows are what most people are expecting to be renewed.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 22 May 2009, 22:34

Dvikib - do you think that Dr. McFee would be interested in "joining" us in our efforts? In that I mean writing a statement for us that we could send along with our appeals to the networks? Or writing something to them herself? Let me know. I think it would be nice to have her be a part of this with us.

Vmaciv - hey, you never know? Things could be going on right now with SG, JB and WB that we could only dream about. But, whether we created the buzz or not....that there IS buzz is rather important. ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 22 May 2009, 23:17

You're right Kel, you're totally right.

Dvikib, again asking for your help. Kel's idea is awesome. Hope we can hear from it soon.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ellie70 » 23 May 2009, 03:57

How fantastic to have such comments from a notable scientist!! That can only help this campaign. Dr. McFee puts in to words my thoughts exactly and I'm sure everyone else's. The general public have a right to know what goes on in the scientific communities as we are all affected by their work and experiments by varying degrees. I am so excited by her comments and this makes me feel that EH has a good chance of coming back soon.

It all boils down to humanity, Dr. Jacob Hood/ Rufus Sewell has opened the flood gates on our intelligence and our own humanity for wanting a better world and our right as human beings to know the truth and make our own decisions.. The combinations of Stephen Gallagher et al has brought a magic formula in to being that cannot be ignored and we will not let it be so.

I am so proud of everyone in this campaign. You all give me a wonderful belief in human nature and a trust that quite honestly I was beginning to lose. Thank you.

PS I must just add that I also LOVE the music in EH, very sensitive and at times very beautiful..
ellie70
Kindergartener

Postby Famke » 23 May 2009, 11:16

WOW.

It really would be great if we could incorporate Dr. McFee's letter, or a statement from her.

Luvinx may I make a small suggestion?

My "home" site is the Rufus Sewell Message Board (as you very well know ;) ) Just yesterday, Rueful posted a link to "some fantastic person" on Youtube.

When I clicked the link, I saw it was to a clip xFrEAKk posted! (which I had not seen before...way to go xFrEAKk!) These clips of xFrEAKk's have GREAT advertising to the old Renewal Campaign. These clips will still be shared and watched all the time, and curious people will still follow xFrEAKk's links to the old Renewal Campaign.

The link takes you to the first page, so what I am asking is that you edit the very first page of the Renewal Campaign- sending people here! :D

Scroll to the last post of the page to see Rue's mention of xFrEAKk's clip:
http://rufussewell.proboards.com/index.cgi?board=work&action=display&thread=163&page=6
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 23 May 2009, 11:31

Oh, ja, you should totally post in massively huge letters on the top of your first post that we've moved, Kel.

That was a bad sentence.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby xFrEAKk » 23 May 2009, 11:55

ellie70 wrote:PS I must just add that I also LOVE the music in EH, very sensitive and at times very beautiful..

Yeees I thought I was the only one who noticed that. I reeeeaaaly love the music in the Pancake Diner scene, http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDS2jdziA60 at about 1:00 - 1:40, and that scene when Jacob's says "Okay Rachel, keep your eyes open, keep your eyes open, see if you can stay awake," man, that's my favorite moment in the whole season. Ahhhhhhh shippyness...!!
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby luvinx » 23 May 2009, 16:25

Guys, I have seen that some of you have PM'd me and I have read some suggestions on stuff I need to do. I will be back later to work like a dog, I promise. I just have a really busy weekend for some reason and I am out a lot. But there is always the nighttime, and, since I seem to be an insomniac again, WOO-HOO! :lol:

Anyway, SG sent me an email. YAY! However, it was cutoff and the next email was from him also saying his computer screwed something up and he has to write the entire message to me again and he was on his way out. SO, he asked if he could get back to me "properly" later. That word alone just made me smile and love him more.

I will let you guys know the moment that email comes in. But how exciting is it that we are back in contact? YAY again.

Ok, so I gotta go. But I will be back tonight! ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 23 May 2009, 16:28

Sweet, that's awesome! And, damn, computer troubles seem to plague everyone... Though I tend to work my way around mine :3
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 23 May 2009, 16:52

I told you Kel he was going to answer!!! Well, that is great news and let's see what he has for now.

And Kalli, yes, that clip from Medea is one of the best! And that moment, when Jacob asks (well, begs) Rachel to stay with him is so sweet and nerve-wrecking, I wonder if Hood was thinking about what he had been through with his wife's illness.

God, I want them back!!!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 23 May 2009, 17:08

Aye! We will never have enough EH!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 23 May 2009, 17:25

No, we won't!
But after 9 years of XF I still want to see more and yet I'm stuck reading fanfic ;)
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 23 May 2009, 17:53

Haha, yeaaaah, me too. Though currently I'm rewatching various episodes of Voyager... Yay macrovirii! XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 23 May 2009, 18:21

aethre wrote:Though currently I'm rewatching various episodes of Voyager... Yay macrovirii!

I remember that ep... I loved Janeway in it.

luvinx wrote:Anyway, SG sent me an email. YAY!

WooHoo!! I'm so glad he is back in contact, and that he plans a longer letter later (wow, alteration much?)

I've sent a bunch of emails out to various network people, but I'll keep at it until we hear the good news.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 23 May 2009, 18:25

Yeaaah, Janeway's awesomeness with a gun nearly as big as she is is why I watched the episode... Ohhhh it's a gooder! (Year of Hell now!)
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 23 May 2009, 20:13

Remember, guys, focus on 3 main things right now:

(1) Letter to Jerry Bruckheimer:

Jerry Bruckheimer TV
4000 Warner Blvd.
Bldg 36, Rm 123
Burbank, CA 91522

If we get him onboard, our task gets a whole lot easier AND our chances go WAY up. Period.

(2) Emails to TNT, ABC, USA and SciFI. You can send to the others as well, but these 4 are our main focus right now.

(3) Letters mailed to TNT, ABC, USA and SciFi. Again, letters sent to the others are fine. These are just higher up on the priority list right now.

Let's get to it, guys. I have a good feeling about all of this. :mrgreen:

Kel
Last edited by luvinx on 23 May 2009, 21:44, edited 2 times in total.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 23 May 2009, 20:44

I think USA is a good option as well. Not as high up as ABC, certainly - I believe they're our best bet - but USA is a decent network with good programing. And their tagline, after all, is 'Characters welcome.' And Hood certainly is a character...

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 23 May 2009, 21:25

ObsidianJade wrote:I think USA is a good option as well. Not as high up as ABC, certainly - I believe they're our best bet - but USA is a decent network with good programing. And their tagline, after all, is 'Characters welcome.' And Hood certainly is a character...

Good point, Sarah....as always. We can definitely put USA with the other three as a priority. :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Annie » 23 May 2009, 21:56

New here and my first post. Love EH since day one. I'd been following CBS forum for a while, but very disappointed about their shortsighted decision. I am usually a quiet person but I cannot be silent any longer. The campaign is such a great thing that I have to become part of it. Until one day EH is back on some network and wins the night over CBS, that would be a real sweet revenge. ;)

BTW, I am a Chinese and I am sure there are many Chinese EH fans out there cuz fans are sharing videos too. I now have almost complete season 1 on my computer (yeah!). Last few days, I sealed up my TV and kept watching EH on my computer.
Annie
Preschooler

PreviousNext

Return to The Show