Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Postby luvinx » 21 May 2009, 19:30

I forgot to mention earlier. Write out your responses beforehand and save them somewhere. It will save a lot of time since we will be emailing so many places. We can always adjust it or add to it in order to customize to whoever we are sending. And, if you are already doing this, or have done this, just ignore me. :oops:

I also do think it would be a good idea to try and customize to each place you send. Even if it is only a sentence or 2. For example, sending an appeal to ABC will be different from an appeal to SciFi. Making EH attractive to a network will take a different approach than making it attractive to a cable station. But the main message will remain the same. Highlighting all of the things that we have all discussed before on why this show is so wonderful. And why it needs to continue. It really is an important show in a world where reality, mindless TV is becoming the rule and not the exception on our screens. We need intelligent, thought-provoking programming. Period.

Whenever you guys want, feel free to throw out ideas or show others the types of messages you are sending. It will be helpful to those who are stuck and can also serve to unite us in what we are all attempting to say and do.

Everyone ok with that?
Last edited by luvinx on 27 May 2009, 08:40, edited 2 times in total.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Famke » 21 May 2009, 21:07

OK Kel, I will show you guys the letter I am sending.

This is my basic template for letters sent through the mail.

May 21, 2009

Mr. Michael Wright
Executive Vice President, Head of Programming
TNT
1010 Techwood Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30318

Dear Mr. Wright,

I would like to take this opportunity to bring to your attention what could be a great opportunity for TNT. As I am sure you are already aware, the program Eleventh Hour was canceled by CBS. Logistically this was a very poor decision, as the program fared higher in the ratings than a multitude of programs that have been renewed on many different networks. This is a television program that has finally raised the bar, giving intelligent people something relevant to tune into. There is a very large audience out there growing increasingly tired of mindless programming that features only gratuitous violence and sex. Eleventh Hour is the show we want to watch.

What makes the show so successful is obvious: it is a collaboration of several impeccable talents.

Both Rufus Sewell and Marley Shelton are extremely talented actors. As the two main characters, both were immediately embraced and have been increasingly loved by fans as the kooky Dr. Hood and his uptight FBI handler, Rachel Young. Rufus, in particular, is a stellar performer and leaves viewers wanting more. The many years of high acclaim and awards he has received, both in film and theater, does not even begin to showcase the high caliber of this actor.

Stephen Gallagher is another reason for the quality and success of Eleventh Hour. As the brilliant creator of the series and also one of it's main writers, we are guaranteed exciting, relevant episodes that actually make people think. Nothing is more satisfying than having actually gained insight and intelligence after viewing an Episode of Eleventh Hour. The involvement of Jerry Bruckheimer Films as the production team, adds the final polish to this stylish show.

This collaboration of talents is the reason Eleventh Hour held onto twelve million viewers every week.

Allow me to elaborate a moment on the steadfast, intelligent viewers and fans of Eleventh Hour. Months ago a few flagship viewers gathered literally thousands of fans, forming an organized front to insure the safety of Eleventh Hour: The Eleventh Hour Renewal Campaign. Literally thousands of people rallied around the show pouring heartfelt letters to CBS daily.

These are very intelligent people, in the course of only one day, I discovered at least three of my fellow Renewal Campaign members are university science undergraduates. I myself am college educated, and I think I speak for many when I make the request that a network carries a show that we, all twelve million of us, would like to watch. It is perplexing as to why CBS blatantly ignored what it's viewers wanted. It defies logic.

We turn now to you.

Please consider picking up Eleventh Hour for a second season. We are certain the program will be a great fit: a quality program on a quality television station.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read this request. I have no doubt that Eleventh Hour would be a success and a great asset to TNT.

Sincerely,

Famke
Fan and Loyal Viewer of Eleventh Hour
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby vmaciv » 21 May 2009, 21:15

That is quite a letter. I will be writing to the others on the list. I hope it works. I miss the show every Thursday.
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 21 May 2009, 21:16

Famke!

That was fantastic!! Bravo!! What a wonderful piece of writing. You said it all. I am so thankful that you posted that. It is exactly what we need to say. Thank you for the inspiration on behalf of all of us.

Just....wow! :!: :!: :!: :!:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby vmaciv » 21 May 2009, 22:00

I have one question do we know if Jerry Bruckheimer will stand behind the show. I could not find an email address but of there is a mailing address, I would like to see if he would answer that question.
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby onepercentclub » 21 May 2009, 22:58

Vmaciv, Stephen Gallagher mentioned that he and JB were 100% behind the show. And Mr. Gallagher mentioning that he would 'sniff' any opportunity on another network makes me think they can find a way and they still have hope.

Famke, your letter is so freaking AWESOME! I don't think I can top it.

It'll be very very good if we can make more people send those letters. And the mails.

Ask everyone you can please. Famke, anyone you know in the science community could help us?

P.S. I wonder if a network would've picked it up had it been canceled earlier... I don't see why not.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ellie70 » 22 May 2009, 01:47

Famke, that is a great letter and says just about everything. I will do the same soon but I have 3 more exams to do over the next 2 weeks so I will be in and out of here myself.

Well done to everyone for showing such tremendous support for EH. You are great people!!!

I am an undergraduate of Ecology and Conservation. I study subjects from conservation genetics to forest ecology to how many species of cockroach exist in the Indonesian rainforests.. It is a fascinating world that we live in and that is why EH attracted me so much. The subject matter put certain twists on most things that my degree covers and I loved that, because it made me think!! I have a very inquisitive mind and I am constantly asking questions!!

BRING BACK EH!!! I have withdrawal symptoms!!!
ellie70
Kindergartener

Postby onepercentclub » 22 May 2009, 11:48

God, I'm still very upset about this! I don't know if I'll evver get over it! There's nothing good on tv anymore!

Anyway, let's get to work. Let's send those letters now.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby Famke » 22 May 2009, 11:54

Thanks everyone- it helps to know the letter makes sense! :P

I sent over a dozen emails last night and will be writing out TONS of letters today- Hurray for 3 day weekends!

onepercentclub wrote: Famke, anyone you know in the science community could help us?

Ha! Actually the people we should be asking are the three "scientists" that I referred to in my letter. We already have them right here fighting by our side:

Ellie, Tigerlilly, and Aethre

Oh...and I have far more extensive lists now of corporate contacts for all the networks and cable stations we have talked about.

Contact me if you are interested.

...and I agree with Ellie: Everyone here is awesome!!!!!

Edit:
Actually, I will place a bunch of links to the info...

http://www.turner.com/about/corporate_officers.html

http://www.disneyabctv.com/bios/bio_sweeney.shtml

http://www.hoovers.com/sci-fi-channel/--ID__138816,OID__1755179,target__company_executive--/free-co-samples-index.xhtml

http://www.bizjournals.com/gen/company.html?gcode=D607D50E67A94F5BA56FE04270DE0AE2&market=bizjournals

http://www.bizjournals.com/gen/company.html?gcode=5086F949ECC441609B18FC1B887E855B

http://biz.yahoo.com/ic/103/103359.html

http://www.nbcuni.com/About_NBC_Universal/Executive_Bios/
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby ellie70 » 22 May 2009, 15:27

Wow, Famke!! You have been so busy! That is amazing....fantastic work! I feel quite guilty as you have done so much whilst my head is stuck in books and revision notes.

I will do as much as I can very soon to help. Keep your chins up everyone and don't despair, we will have EH back, one way or another!!
ellie70
Kindergartener

Postby meary cat » 22 May 2009, 18:14

i hit save instead of submit or whatever so i have to do this again!! i was glad to have a new place to go about our show!! i bet cbs misses all our posts about it already!! talk about a mass exodus!! its probably a ghost town there!! heehee!! that hit them where it hurts!! i guess 12 millon viewers is nothing to them!! i sent the usual emais to the places you suggeted all week like abc and fox and tnt too . hope it helps!! i have nothing to do for the holiday so i will be here often to see whats happenning!! hope their is no hard feelings for anything we carried over from our last site. ELEVENTH HOUR IS AWESOME!! i'm in eh withdrawal!! nothing on thursday nights now!! meary
meary cat
Preschooler

Postby æthre » 22 May 2009, 18:21

Disturbingly, for me, a few of the shows I watch got transfered over to Thursday... so now I only watch tv on Mon and Thurs it seems. And, yet, Thurs is still nowhere near as awesome as it was with EH T.T

Life sucks.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby meary cat » 22 May 2009, 18:36

aethre wrote:Disturbingly, for me, a few of the shows I watch got transfered over to Thursday... so now I only watch tv on Mon and Thurs it seems. And, yet, Thurs is still nowhere near as awesome as it was with EH T.T

Life sucks.
i have nothing to watch most nights now!! so it is realy boring for me!!! that really sucks!!
meary cat
Preschooler

Postby vmaciv » 22 May 2009, 19:40

I was reading an aritcle posted on Rufus Sewell IMDB page about 11th Hour DVD for the BBC version like I really care but the interesting thing was the article mentioned that there were rumors that the show could be picked up by another network. I almost became hysertical. Does anyone with more insight than I have know if someone is really doing this besides we bunch of finantics. I am sending letters every night now but this really gave me some hope.

Eleventh Hour - DVD Review - BBC
May 22, 2009

XHello there! If you are new here, you might want to subscribe to the RSS feed so you won't miss any RU? fun.
The American version of Eleventh Hour apparently only made it one season, though there are rumors of it getting picked up somewhere else. The Rufus Sewell led version was pretty good, and the show seemed a dream enterprise for CBS audiences, but it looks like it’s done.

This is part of the article on the IMDB page.

Edit (Nikki/aethre): Please use the edit button in the future. But don't worry too much about it - I can do this as much as I want <3
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby codonnell » 22 May 2009, 19:48

I can't believe it was cancelled. My favorite show, it is about time some new topics were covered on TV instead of just crime shows and comedies. I dont understand why it was cancelled.This show and Fringe on Fox are exactly alike and Fringe is still on, so what happened?
codonnell
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 22 May 2009, 19:57

vmaciv wrote:I have one question do we know if Jerry Bruckheimer will stand behind the show. I could not find an email address but of there is a mailing address, I would like to see if he would answer that question.

Hello! Awesome question. Lu answered it perfectly, but I wanted to give you the mailing address for JB. I do think it is a good idea to send a letter to him at this time, even before we hear from SG.

So, guys, here is your mission, if you choose to accept it:

START emailing TNT, ABC and SciFi. Also, send letters to these places in the mail. Lastly, let's begin sending our letters to Jerry Bruckheimer. This way, if SG is in communication about JB about all of this, these letters will arrive and confirm that we want it back, and we want it back bad.

Jerry Bruckheimer TV
4000 Warner Blvd.
Bldg 36, Rm 123
Burbank, CA 91522

Sound ok? We need to start somewhere anyway, and I think these 3 things are a good start.

ellie70 wrote:Famke, that is a great letter and says just about everything. I will do the same soon but I have 3 more exams to do over the next 2 weeks so I will be in and out of here myself.

Ellie,

You get those exams done first, ok? Then you can come here and do your thing. Do not worry about anything here until you get that done first. Alright? We will be here. :D

Kel

Edit (Nikki): Kel, you too? You do know that the quote tags are
Code: Select all
[quote="name"][/quote]
, right? And you can c+v from the topic review thingy below the posty thing, right? XD

meary cat wrote:i hit save instead of submit or whatever so i have to do this again!! i was glad to have a new place to go about our show!! i bet cbs misses all our posts about it already!! talk about a mass exodus!! its probably a ghost town there!! heehee!! that hit them where it hurts!! i guess 12 millon viewers is nothing to them!! i sent the usual emais to the places you suggeted all week like abc and fox and tnt too . hope it helps!! i have nothing to do for the holiday so i will be here often to see whats happenning!! hope their is no hard feelings for anything we carried over from our last site. ELEVENTH HOUR IS AWESOME!! i'm in eh withdrawal!! nothing on thursday nights now!! meary

Welcome! So nice to see you here. CBS does not deserve is over there. Plus, this site is just waaaay better. Thank you Nikki! ;)

Thanks for all your help and keep it up! :D

Edit (Nikki): dammit, I got ninja'd with an EDIT. Man I suck, XD
Last edited by luvinx on 22 May 2009, 22:00, edited 1 time in total.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 May 2009, 20:19

Ha, not a problem Kel! It's pretty fun admining a forum again.

On that note... I'd just like to remind you guys to use the edit function... I have absolutely no problems with merging your posts and such, but, hey, just try not to do it? Thanks!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 22 May 2009, 20:19

codonnell wrote:I can't believe it was cancelled. My favorite show, it is about time some new topics were covered on TV instead of just crime shows and comedies. I dont understand why it was cancelled.This show and Fringe on Fox are exactly alike and Fringe is still on, so what happened?

Welcome! EH didn't make it because CBS is a very greedy, short-sighted network. But we got work to do, so I won't waste any more time with that three letter evil.

If you have any questions or ideas, please let us all know! And thanks for coming! :mrgreen:

Edit to say:

Famke, you rock. All this info! I am gonna wait until we have a full game plan going on (probably after this long weekend) and then merge most of the "work" onto the first page. I want to see how it all looks first before I add it all so it does not get too confusing.

Also, vmaciv....it sure would be nice if that is NOT a rumor and something is cooking somewhere. Either way, we can keep all this up and, at the very least, nudge it along. ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 May 2009, 20:31

It's possible that the network switch thing was, um, prompted by, uh... us.

As for Fringe vs EH... Nah, Fringe is science fiction. EH is science fact (well, as close as mass media can get). I love both shows, though!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 22 May 2009, 20:33

aethre wrote:It's possible that the network switch thing was, um, prompted by, uh... us.

Meaning the rumor is from us? Well, either way, we are creating buzz of some sort. I guess I will take that.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 May 2009, 21:07

Yeah, people have a remarkable ability to misread statements and I wouldn't be surprised if someone thought that we were saying that EH is going to be on another network.

But, yeah, that does mean that the word is getting out!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby Famke » 22 May 2009, 21:08

luvinx wrote:
aethre wrote:It's possible that the network switch thing was, um, prompted by, uh... us.

Meaning the rumor is from us? Well, either way, we are creating buzz of some sort. I guess I will take that.

Haha!!! I was thinking that same thing. I have a feeling we are the rumor mill. :P

...and I am happy to help Kel- I would rather be trying my hardest to save this show than just moping around and complaining about it. (though there is always a time and a place for the moping and complaining...)

I hate you CBS.

On a happier note....I MAILED 39 LETTERS TODAY!!!!!!! :mrgreen:
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 22 May 2009, 21:17

39 letters, Famke? That is awesome!!!

I feel like I am behind...

Let's keep sending those letters and those emails to those networks and wait for what Mr. Gallagher hast to say.

I'm thinking he's probably away for the week and he might come back on Monday.

Please, get more people on board.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 22 May 2009, 21:24

FAMKE! You stud-let. You know I love you! :P
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Famke » 22 May 2009, 21:25

Yes!!! We need more people!!!

All of you reading this thread and wondering if an email or two from you would really make any difference.... the answer is YES!

Log in, say hi, and join us to bring back the best show on T.V.!!! It's great fun actually.

HEY. Did you guys see the kudos that dvikb got over on the Stephen Gallagher blog!?

If not, check it out:
http://brooligan.blogspot.com/2009/05/eleventh-hour-were-cancelled.html

...HAHA!!! I just saw your post Kel, you know I love you more. :D
Famke
Grade Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to The Show