Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Postby onepercentclub » 20 May 2009, 15:42

Oh dvikib, you have a very good boyfriend, supporting you like he did.

Let's wait then 'til we hear from Mr. Gallagher. I really hope he's away thinking of the show.

I don't want to give it up yet.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ilive4jeanz » 20 May 2009, 16:29

I'm so happy everybody is pitching in, and I also in, no matter what . Who ever wrote that letter is a genius, and I hope our resurrection campaign works better than any other. I've never been so depressed over a canceled show, I'm actually on the verge of tears, I'm so sad :cry: I really hope this all works , and like I said, I'm behind us all no matter what let's do this together :)
ilive4jeanz
Preschooler

Postby onepercentclub » 20 May 2009, 17:01

Hello ilive4jeanz! Welcome to Planet Hood!

I was on the verge of tears about not having to watch this awesome show.

But hopefully, we can make this work.

This isn't over yet. I don't want to give up.

Please help us! And stop by regularly.

Thank you.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 20 May 2009, 17:09

And, hey, check out the other threads on these forums - there's more to it than just the EHRC (even though it is tres important)!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 20 May 2009, 17:16

Nikki is right. Your opinion is very important ;)
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby Famke » 20 May 2009, 18:39

Hello and welcome ilive4jeanz!

It was our amazing flagship Luvinx that wrote the letter...and yes she is a genius.

Speaking of genius. WOW Tigerlily and Ellie- a university scientist and a science undergrad! That just speaks volumes for the quality of the viewers that are interested in Eleventh Hour.

CBS just couldn't wrap their brains around the show I suppose. It was too valid.

Not enough gratuitous sex and gun fire.... :| ok...enough of that....no more wasting my energy on CBS.

Glad to see so many on board!!!!

:D
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby ilive4jeanz » 20 May 2009, 18:42

Thanks for the welcome! :D I really appreciate this whole thing, and I'm trying to join all the Eleventh Hour sites I can find in order to give all the help I can :P Well , I really hope the letter our genius wrote will work :mrgreen:
ilive4jeanz
Preschooler

Postby dvikib » 20 May 2009, 20:31

If anyone is interested in venting their discontent with a poll (maybe a pole over the heads of CBS would be more like it), Zap2it.com has a poll about which canceled CBS show shouldn't be MIA.
Of course it won't change anything but I did enjoy casting my vote for Eleventh Hour.

http://blog.zap2it.com/frominsidethebox ... e-mia.html
dvikib
Preschooler

Postby æthre » 20 May 2009, 20:45

I voted too, XD EH <3
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 20 May 2009, 20:55

I voted! Thanks dvikib. Put a little plug in there for our Campaign as well. Did everyone notice that there were an awfully lot of fans upset about EH? I think more and more will come out now who were clueless about this possible fate. We have got to get to them now.

Every time we have an article or poll or whatever that we find, we need to put the info in there about the Campaign. If you guys wants, just come here and give me the link and I will do my thing. Sound ok?

As for SG, no word yet. Perhaps he took a day and went off somewhere or got drunk. :lol: Poor guy. I think that we can wait a day or 2 for him and then decide what we all want to do. Let me know how you all feel about that.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 20 May 2009, 21:02

Yeah, just wait a bit... I mean, we're all obv. pretty attached to our computers, but the rest of the world isn't as fanatical, XDD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby vmaciv » 20 May 2009, 21:27

Hi All

I have sent an email to all the individuals listed for ABC. Will do the rest tomorrow. Does anyone know if Mr. Bruckheimer has a website. I would like to post there. I'll try to find it tonight. I hope we can bring the show back. I miss it already.

You guys are great!!!!!
vmaciv
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 20 May 2009, 21:34

vmaciv wrote:Hi All

I have sent an email to all the individuals listed for ABC. Will do the rest tomorrow. Does anyone know if Mr. Bruckheimer has a website. I would like to post there. I'll try to find it tonight. I hope we can bring the show back. I miss it already.

You guys are great!!!!!

We have a mailing address for JB and Warner Brothers. I will locate that and post it on the first page in the next day or so.

And you are so great too! ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 20 May 2009, 22:10

Things happen for a reason.

Maybe EH doesn't belong to CBS because if it had gotten renewed we could've probably be facing the same thing next year: Begging for a renewal for Season 3.
Maybe if another network picks it up we won't have to go through that again, because they will see the quality.

As for Mr. Gallagher, I'm sure he's taking a break from all this and I'm sure he must be very upset.
We hope he comes back soon with new hope.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ellie70 » 21 May 2009, 02:34

I emailed the companies at the head of this campaign yesterday. As far as Stephen Gallagher is concerned, I hope he's ok and getting his head together; it musy have hit him like a sledgehammer when he got the news of cancellation. I have just posted my comment over at CBS (the poll on MIA's) and hope they take note. We will not give up on EH; there has to be a way of getting it back out there. Onwards and upwards people!!
ellie70
Kindergartener

Postby rueful2 » 21 May 2009, 07:57

Hi, everyone. Just jumping over from the Rufus Sewell fan forums to say thanks for putting up the good fight.

I voted in the zap2it poll linked above. Without a Trace is winning by a lot now, but maybe we can pull EH closer. I wonder if it's like their other polls, where you can vote once a day.

I'm really disappointed by the cancellation, but unfortunately not surprised, since CBS has been my nemesis for some time. I am dating myself (and leaving myself wide open to cries of, "Get over it woman!") but I still remember a show from the mid 1990s that was hyped to death by CBS before it started, called "EZ Streets." I watched the pilot and was totally fascinated. I watched the first regular episode and was blown away. And then....that was it!!! Cancelled by our friend Mr Moonves after TWO EPISODES! For more than a decade, I never tuned into a new CBS show until it was already a hit (and then very few of them at that) and I could be sure it wouldn't be cancelled immediately. Until Eleventh Hour. I started with the pilot and went on from there. In my opinion, there were sometimes problems with the dialog and plot, depending on the episode writers, but never with the actors or with the characters, who had so much potential and were well developed by the end of the season. The show has improved vastly and would only have continued to show growth in a second season. 12 million viewers can't be wrong, can they?

Luvinx, you were asking about other site mentions of the cancellations, and I wanted to tell you that TV Gal over at zap2it also asked readers what cancellations they were disappointed by (although she doesn't mention EH). So if you want to add a campaign link there, here it is: http://blog.zap2it.com/tvgal/2009/05/ugh--this-week-is-emotionally-exhausting-isnt-it---we-have-our-highs-yay-chuck-is-coming-back-abc-gives-better-off-te.html

Thanks again, everyone, and I'll check back in to see whether Mr Gallagher says he wants to make a go of it or not.
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 21 May 2009, 08:16

Thanks rue, I will go post something now.

I will be back on later today, guys. Keep up all the good work. :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 21 May 2009, 08:37

Famke wrote:Hello and welcome ilive4jeanz!

It was our amazing flagship Luvinx that wrote the letter...and yes she is a genius.

Speaking of genius. WOW Tigerlily and Ellie- a university scientist and a science undergrad! That just speaks volumes for the quality of the viewers that are interested in Eleventh Hour.

CBS just couldn't wrap their brains around the show I suppose. It was too valid.

Not enough gratuitous sex and gun fire.... :| ok...enough of that....no more wasting my energy on CBS.

Glad to see so many on board!!!!

:D

Thanks! I am actually trying to get my PhD, so I don't have the degree to back it up just yet. I do get to do some pretty cool research though (and I get paid to do it). All in all, it's a pretty good deal. Oh, I loved using the feedback link to vent to CBS. It was cathartic! Ok, I had better go - I'm at work :oops: . See you all on the board later!
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby Famke » 21 May 2009, 10:05

Wow that does sound really cool Tigerlilly!

Hey!!!! I see Rue! Yep keep voting on Zap2It!

OK I gathered up some info on the Television stations. This is for anyone that wants to send letters in addition to emails- I am going to when we get the green-light from Luvinx.

FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Kevin Reilly, President, Entertainment
P.O. Box 900
Beverly Hills, CA 90213-0900

FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Beth Miyares, Vice President, Current Programming
P.O. Box 900

FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
Marcy Ross, Executive Vice President, Current Programming
P.O. Box 900

FOX BROADCASTING COMPANY
James Oh, Director, Current Programming
P.O. Box 900

ABC Entertainment Group
Anne Sweeney, co-chair, Disney-Media Networks and President, Disney/ABC Television Group
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4551

ABC Entertainment Group
Stephen McPherson, President
Burbank, CA 91521-4551

ABC Entertainment Group
Mark Pedowitz, Senior Advisor to the Office of the Co-Chairman
Burbank, CA 91521-4551

NBC Studios
Jamila Hunter, Senior Vice President, Programming and Development
3000 W. Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

NBC Studios
Craig Plestis, Executive Vice President, Alternative Programming, Development and Specials
3000 W. Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

NBC Studios
Vivi Zigler, President, NBC Universal Digital Entertainment
3000 W. Alameda Avenue
Burbank, CA. 91523

TNT
Steve Koonin, President of Turner Entertainment Networks
1010 Techwood Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30318

TNT
Michael Wright, Executive Vice President, Head of Programming
1010 Techwood Drive NW
Atlanta, GA 30318

The Sci-Fi Channel
Mark Stern, Executive Vice President
21st Floor,
30 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY 10112

The Sci-Fi Channel
Dave Howe, President
21st Floor,
30 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY 10112

USA Network
Jeff Wachtel, President, Original Programming
21st Floor,
30 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY 10112

USA Network
Jane Blaney, Senior Vice President, Program Acquisitions & Scheduling
21st Floor,
30 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY 10112

NBC Universal Cable
Bonnie Hammer, President
21st Floor,
30 Rockefeller Plaza,
New York, NY 10112

Luvinx, perhaps these should be added to each network on the main page?

Thanks again everyone.
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby xFrEAKk » 21 May 2009, 11:31

WOW! I have been really busy and haven't been able to check it out here for a while, but... WOW Last time i saw registered users, it said "9". Now i see "22"! Kel, Lu, everyone, you guys are amazing! <3 I love you guuuyysss!! Actually I'm at school right now... :lol: *looks around* Shhh! Well I shouldn't get too off topic (heh.) I'll try e-mail the peoples... XD Later.... Okay I'll shut up.
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby luvinx » 21 May 2009, 11:58

Wow, Famke, thanks so much! That is amazing!!

I will add that later. I have a really busy day today with stuff I have put off, but I will be here tonight to do stuff at the latest.

Again, wow! :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby csifan1888 » 21 May 2009, 15:12

ok what else can i do to help the 'resurrection' of eleventh hour, i have emailed all the addresse
DR. CSI Sanchez
csifan1888
Preschooler

Postby æthre » 21 May 2009, 15:52

Ha, I'm actually a chem/computer science undergrad myself, so that brings the science count up to three, I believe. AND I'm currently working in a gov't lab researching... mold. Yeah, not too exciting, but at least it's mold toxins. (And, yes, I know that that's a micro field, not a (physical/analytical) chem field, but, well, despite my complete and utter lack of formal bio training, I'm pretty familiar with micro lab techniques.)

omg I got a mosquito bite. wtf? I went YEARS without getting one (ie, by avoiding the outside at all costs during the summer... no, I'm not paranoid of West Nile, I just hate mosquito bites) and now I got one sometime in my walk from the HC building and my car and my car and the dorm!? I live downtown, jeeze! There is no plant life!

There was no point to this post.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 21 May 2009, 18:43

Ok guys, no response from Mr. Gallagher as of yet. I don't think that it means anything bad, only that he is away or busy. As much as I want to get a jump on all of this, I know that this upcoming weekend is a busy one for many people.

My thoughts are this: we can begin to email TNT, ABC and SciFi. But hold off on the rest. This way, we can still wait for SG's thoughts, but still get a jump on a few of the more promising channels. Kinda 'plant the seed' per se. It will also give everyone the freedom to do some other things for the next few days.

I will be in and out, but I will check in regularly if anyone needs me to do or see anything. I have just put too much off for the last few weeks and need to attend to them.

Please let me know if anyone wants to do something else or disagrees with me or whatever. I am very flexible. I just want to find a balance between Real Life and this Campaign. I want you all to realize that this phase of the Campaign is going to be undefined. There will not be a "May 20th" to let us know where we are at. This is something that can take some time. And energy. And perseverance. We will most likely not get any immediate responses, even if our messages prove to be a success. So we will just have to hang in there and communicate with one another and be willing to be flexible. Since it will take time, it will be understandable when Real Life gets in the way and we will just cover for each other and do whatever we individually can.

Sorry for the Pep Talk. I just want everyone to understand and realize where we are at and how this is different.

Any questions or concerns, please let me know.
Last edited by luvinx on 27 May 2009, 08:39, edited 1 time in total.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Famke » 21 May 2009, 18:51

Wow 3 scientists in the campaign now....and counting I'm sure!

OK Kel, I will start with those three.

I will be in and out, but I will check in regularly if anyone needs me to do or see anything. I have just put too much off for the last few weeks and need to attend to them.

OH man I can relate, the last week has been crazy.

See you soon!
Famke
Grade Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to The Show