Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 15:48

Ohhh, I so commented, XD I hate it when people don't do their research. It's disgusting. How the hell did you ever get your degree without research?!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 15:50

LMAO we posted at the exact same time.

I'm thinking she looks pretty dumb about now. ^^

*High Five*
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 15:54

Oh buuuurn! Random internet reporter fails!

We so rock!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 24 May 2009, 16:00

Made my thoughts known as well. And did you see which show she was gonna miss? :lol:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 16:04

Oh yeah. Worst Week? Really? That show was awful. And I can say that without being an ass because I saw the pilot and half the second episode. I couldn't physically sit through the damned thing, jeeze!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ? » 24 May 2009, 17:26

This is my first post. I loved Eleventh Hour.

:idea: I have an odd suggestion to make. We all know that emails are numerous and free, and that snail mail is kind of slow. I had the idea of overnighting a few letters to the proper persons of interest. Some people initially look at DHL, FedEx and UPS packages with more weight then a normal USPS letter. If you add a polite request for a response and provide a self addressed stamped envelope, I predict that you would possibly receive a personal response. A good person to start with is SG.

You should take this only for what it is, a suggestion. I have been known to give really bad suggestions in the past :oops: . I do not take anything personally on internet message boards.
"?"
?
Kindergartener

Postby luvinx » 24 May 2009, 17:33

That is a very good suggestion. We will definitely add that all into the mix and, at the very least, we can make sure we go ahead and do that along with everything else.

Welcome ?, and please post often. This is a fun bunch of folks. :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 17:46

Welcome! ?

Great idea about the letter!

As for SG, the girls here are already in pretty close contact with him! He's a fantastic guy and supportive of our efforts. :D

Peruse the forum a bit to see some of SG's feedback, also look here:

http://brooligan.blogspot.com/2009/05/e ... elled.html

Welcome aboard!
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby scifiFr34k » 24 May 2009, 17:56

I'm currently writing a letter-ish thing to all the channels asking them to include this show. :mrgreen: hopefully.. we'll get a dent :?... *sigh*
scifiFr34k
Preschooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 18:28

Indeed! And welcome ? (your name is bloody awesome, btw!) and scifiFr34k (and I encourage off topic here so, yeah, discuss whatever, :3 Just... probably not in this particular thread, lawl. But I can split topics so whatevers)!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ? » 24 May 2009, 18:42

For once, I do not feel completely awkward for being behind on information. I am glad that SG is close to fans. I did read through some of the older listings, but I did not see that anyone had received a reply from SG until I posted my message.

I have a strong feeling about SciFi Channel (soon to be SYFY) being able to pick it up. The upcoming shows for SYFY are minimal and have short runs. There are several potential timeslots for EH to naturally fit into on SYFY. While SYFY is not exactly where I would want to see EH go, it is definitely on my short list of realistic channels. The Scifi Channel has picked up cancelled shows in the past.

I remain open and positive. EH always did well in the ratings. We have that.
"?"
?
Kindergartener

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 May 2009, 18:50

The only true difficulty I foresee with SciFi (I refuse to spell it with y's, that's just ridiculous...) is that it tends to have a very limited budget as far as many of it's shows and original movies are concerned. And EH, like it or not, is a very high-budget show if the sort of thing we're used to seeing is to continue.

I'm definitely more minded to ABC, TNT, and USA. Particularly ABC, given that it's a broadcast network with good, solid shows (Castle, anyone?) that appear to be well-funded, Ditto TNT and USA on the solid shows and funding, although the fact that they are purely cable based channels - and, if I am not mistaken, American channels - that might make the series less (legally) accessible to some of our overseas fans.

Either way... any inroads we can make with any networks for EH's return are good news. It's too good of a show not to air, and that's all there is too it.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 18:54

Stargate had a pretty big budget - it cost 5 grand to show someone walking through the gate and, well, they did that lots. And that's only a small portion of the budget costs, XD

But, yeah, EH would have a waaaay higher budget... and I don't think they can pull off the trees like Stargate did, XD

But, yeah, getting it on ABC would be what I'd want - I get American network channels but I certainly don't get American cable channels... though, one of my friends does... hmmm... I know that she definitely gets USA since she watches Psych... and whichever channel Supernatural is on.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 24 May 2009, 19:00

Guys, I think it is pretty safe to say that we can begin in earnest to contact any and all networks/cable channels. I think many of us were waiting to see how SG reacted and it seemed to me that he was more than positive about our efforts. ;)

So, the 'gate has been open', so to speak. Email and send letters to any and all of addresses. In this case, the more the better.

As for the JB letter, we will all do that one together, as SG suggested. We will work on that one and I will get back to you guys about it. We need to chat about it a little more, plus Famke and I need some time to compose it.

Until later. :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 19:10

Welcome ?! And scififr34k I'm so glad to see you here and jump from the CBS forums! Thank you for following us!

I checked that 'article' about this lady that definitely knows nothing about television and I posted my comment. Now, I hope that with all of our support for the show she goes back to her computer, download the EH episodes, comes back and takes her words back. If not, she's a total fool anyway for not doing the proper research.

I say we hit every network we can, except for CBS of course. God, my mother taught me not to wish anyone bad but I really wish their new shows stink and make them regret cancelling EH and well, WaT as well, evern though I had stopped watching it.

As for budgets... I'm sure the writers will find their way to keep several episodes in one location for example to keep the show going and out of trouble.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby Famke » 24 May 2009, 19:23

scifiFr34k wrote:I'm currently writing a letter-ish thing to all the channels asking them to include this show. :mrgreen: hopefully.. we'll get a dent :?... *sigh*

Oh we will! Thanks for pitchin' in!

? wrote:I remain open and positive. EH always did well in the ratings. We have that.

That's right.

ObsidianJade wrote:Either way... any inroads we can make with any networks for EH's return are good news. It's too good of a show not to air, and that's all there is too it.

I so agree!

luvinx wrote:As for the JB letter, we will all do that one together, as SG suggested. We will work on that one and I will get back to you guys about it. We need to chat about it a little more, plus Famke and I need some time to compose it.

Workin' on it as we speak...oh and SG said we should send one to Warner too yeah?

onepercentclub wrote:I checked that 'article' about this lady that definitely knows nothing about television and I posted my comment. Now, I hope that with all of our support for the show she goes back to her computer, download the EH episodes, comes back and takes her words back. If not, she's a total fool anyway for not doing the proper research.

She's getting bombarded now...Heh...does it make me a bad person that it pleases me so? :twisted: :lol:
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 19:24

Serves her right! People should do their damned research, lawl!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 19:28

Famke wrote:Workin' on it as we speak...oh and SG said we should send one to Warner too yeah?

She's getting bombarded now...Heh...does it make me a bad person that it pleases me so? :twisted: :lol:

Yes, Famke, Warner should get one of the letters.

And no, it doesn't make you look like a bad person. Quite the opposite. That's what she deserves for speaking bad about EH. And for coming in our way :twisted:
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 May 2009, 19:37

Indeed. One should not go up against the fan collective. It is... futile.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 24 May 2009, 19:53

I'm seriously thinking of emailing her... But I'll think about it twice. The anger might cool off after thinking it several times ;)
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 24 May 2009, 23:46

Ok, guys. This would be one of my famed Update posts. I will make these posts in GREEN so they will stand out. And to thrill Nikki.

Few things:

(1) I have updated the first page. It now has all the contact info on it for each network/station. As of now, you all have 'the green light' to go and do as much as you possibly can. That first page can serve as a kind of worksheet that you can follow in order to know what to do and where to send it. I really don't know what to say other than do the best you can. Perhaps try and do one station each day. And, in the interest of time, try and draft one letter to keep as your main message. You can always add/delete depending on who you are sending it to. Sound good?

(2) In light of SG's letter, we are going to draft one letter to send to Jerry Bruckheimer as well as to Warner Brothers. (To those of you who have been active in this campaign and on this site, please PM me and I will send you a copy of his email. Please do not share it with anyone else. To anyone that is new, please understand that this was a private email, and I can share it with you should you become an active member here. I can let you know, however, that it was a very positive letter, and we are going to proceed with the Campaign. ;) )

Famke and I will be drafting the letter and then posting it here to see what everyone thinks. Once everyone agrees it is ready, we will send it to JB (and the one to WB) via FedEx. In the meantime, we would like to arrange to have everyone's signature be on the letter. You can create a signature using whatever software you have available on your computer, and then email it to Nikki at nikki@anovelconcept.net. We would like everyone who would like to sign the letter to send in these signatures by next Saturday, May 30th. We would like to send out the letter the following Monday. If you cannot make this, please let me know and we can figure something out.

(3) We are searching for Jackie. If you are here, please let us know.

I am sure that I forgot something, but I can always come back and edit, now can't I? Talk to you all later.
:D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Famke » 25 May 2009, 08:11

Oh I see green! :mrgreen:

Niiice! thank you for all the work Kellie updating the info on the main page, now it will be easier for everyone to write those letters!

About the signatures- If you don't know how to get your signature on a file for Nikki here is an easy way:

If you have the Windows, open the Paint program and just click the pencil, use your mouse to sign your name, then save the image. Done! (Well...after you try to write with your mouse 20 times and your signature still looks like a 2nd Grader's. XD)

You guys are all awesome!!! Lets get those letters going!

Edit: ZOMG! I got my own email from SG! :D Nothing long like Kellie's- just a compliment.

Ahhhh! I'm on cloud 9 now. XD

Great to see his appreciation and support yeah!?
Last edited by Famke on 25 May 2009, 08:42, edited 4 times in total.
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby kaylou1959 » 25 May 2009, 08:16

I am so totally bummed that CBS decided to cancel this show. I usually only watch CBS but I am willing to switch to another station if I have to. I started watching Eleventh Hour midseason and fell in love with the charaters. Whatever I have to do to keep Eleventh Hour on the air I will do.
kaylou1959
Preschooler

Postby Famke » 25 May 2009, 08:19

Awesome Kaylou! and Welcome- we need you!
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby Kahlan » 25 May 2009, 08:54

I was shocked when I got the news that CBS has cancelled EH.

I'm actually from Russia so let's say I saw this show in a way not very good. :roll:

And I don't know if my voice will mean anything, but I'll give it. Because I fell in love with characters from the very first episode. And right after this show I loved Rufus.

I'm with you
Kahlan
Preschooler

PreviousNext

Return to The Show