Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Postby luvinx » 19 May 2009, 21:18

Welcome!

As you all know, CBS was short-sighted and did not renew Eleventh Hour. As fans, we decided to continue on with our Campaign by appealing to other networks as well as cable channels to pick it up. We can be pessimistic and wonder what the odds are for this to work. But I know that the odds are zero if we do not try. And I know from working with many of you before that we are all people who do whatever we can for something we believe in.

Please note that we have added a thread called "Contact Calendar" which can be found above the "Forum Rules" under the Announcements, and is visible from any forum you are in. Before sending your emails/letters for the day, please coordinate your efforts with the rest of the group and check the thread to see what network to send to according to the date.

Since it is impossible to know which network is more likely to pick Eleventh Hour up over another, we will attempt to contact as many as possible. Is it ambitious? Yes. Is this show worth it? Yes!

Suggestion: It is a good idea to compose a thoughtful letter ahead of time which you can then modify slightly with each network. When I say modify, I mean personalize it to the network in question in order to illustrate why EH would make a good fit in their schedule. Try and make your appeal sound attractive to them as best as you can. I have a template set up for each one, and my last paragraph is unique to each network. For example, with TNT, I used their tagline "We know drama" to appeal to them why EH is a good fit for them. That kind of thing. But, ultimately, just do the best that you can! Anything you can do will make an impact.

Also, when you can find some extra time, try and read through this entire thread. It will give you an idea about what we have been doing, where we are going, and why we are all so passionate about this show and want it to continue.

Finally, I will be posting any updates for the Campaign in the "Contact Calendar"thread. Please do not post anything in that thread. Instead, please use this thread to discuss the Campaign, ask questions, post ideas, etc.

If you need help with any of this, please feel free to PM me or post any questions in this thread.
Let's get to work! ;)
Last edited by luvinx on 13 Jun 2009, 10:33, edited 44 times in total.
luvinx
High Schooler

Re: Eleventh Hour Resurrection Campaign

Postby Famke » 19 May 2009, 21:36

.....and she's off....out of the gate like a rocket!
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 19 May 2009, 21:38

Updated the main page of the pH site to reflect the move!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 19 May 2009, 21:39

Hey,

Email addresses for ABC bigwigs are as follows -
stephen.mcpherson@abc.com,
anne.sweeney@abc.com,
ellen.archer@abc.com,
tim.mcneal@abc.com,
alex.wallau@abc.com
preston.a.davis@abc.com,
albert.cheng@abc.com,
jewell.engstrom@abc.com, and
jim.hedges@abc.com

They can also be contacted by phone at 1-818-460-7477 (within the USA): Follow the prompts and leave your 30 second message on the hotline answering machine.
Press 1 for "ABC Television Network"
Press 2 for "Leave Comment"
Presss 2 for "Prime time shows"

or by mail at
ABC Inc
500 S. Buena Vista Street
Burbank, CA 91521-4551
USA

Thank you all for your support!!!

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 19 May 2009, 21:50

Thank you all for this!
And the emailing begins!!!!

I have an idea. We should have an specific subject for every email we send, something like 'PICK UP ELEVENTH HOUR' or 'BRING BACK ELEVENTH HOUR'

What do you think?
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 19 May 2009, 22:00

As long as it works!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 19 May 2009, 22:02

I say we should use 'BRING BACK ELEVENTH HOUR'
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby dvikib » 19 May 2009, 22:42

I feel like I've lost a close family member. I've never been depressed over a cancelled TV show before - disappointed but not depressed!

I actually consider Eleventh Hour more cutting edge science than sci-fi. However, since I have been checking ravenously for news on the show, I have seen a lot of sci-fi websites that have keen interests in the show and comparisons to The X Files. IMBD labels EH as drama, sci-fi, and thriller (also horror which is ridiculous). Maybe we should also contact the Sci-fi Channel (like USA, it's owned by NBC) :?:

SCI FI CHANNEL
If you have suggestions or comments for our Programming Department about the SCI FI Channel or any of its shows, please contact:
feedback@scifi.com
dvikib
Preschooler

Postby æthre » 19 May 2009, 22:45

I'm currently hating on SCIFI for their 'brilliant' move to rebrand themselves as 'SYFY'. No joke.

But, eh, their programming is pretty closely mirrored on Canada's SPACE channel, so that beats out TNT and USA in my books, XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 19 May 2009, 22:51

Awesome, dvikib! I will add that to the first post as well. And I am so glad to see you here! ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 19 May 2009, 22:53

Hey dvikib, thanks for you post and for that information!!!!

And I too, feel like I've lost a family member. It may sound ridiculous but it's true. I think I saw EH more often than some of my relatives.

We will make this work. We will make this happen.

And we'll hit the Sci-Fi channel too.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby dvikib » 19 May 2009, 22:55

Aethre - You're so right about the silly name change for Sci-fi - I forgot! Oh well, their website is still scifi.com and they referred to the channel as Scifi in their feedback section. Hopefull, their programmers are smarter than that!
dvikib
Preschooler

Postby ellie70 » 20 May 2009, 02:05

Here I am, ready for action!!
I don't know about EH showing on a sci-fi channel, because it isn't science fiction, it is all based on science fact. There will be a channel out there that will take on EH, the show is far too impressive to be ignored.
I had a good sleep last night luvinx, so my energy is renewed and restored...can't wait to get stuck in!
ellie70
Kindergartener

Postby onepercentclub » 20 May 2009, 02:24

Hey, welcome ellie70!

You're ready and so are we. We need to get this going.

To be honest, I'd watch EH on any network. Just to have it back will be just great.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ellie70 » 20 May 2009, 03:04

Thank you onepercentclub!!

I am ahuge admirer of Rufus Sewell and love the character he created in Dr.Jacob Hood. Hemust return!!
ellie70
Kindergartener

Postby luvinx » 20 May 2009, 08:11

Ok, guys, this is what I sent to SG:

Mr. Gallagher,

First, I want to thank you for bringing Eleventh Hour to us. It is a wonderful, relevant, intelligent, witty and thought-provoking show, and I really cannot say enough about it.

I am contacting you directly on behalf of its many, many fans. We do not want CBS to unilaterally take this show away from us. We still have much fight left in us. However, we do not believe that CBS is receptive to its viewers, or, frankly, worthy of Eleventh Hour any longer. There would be no point in contacting them any further. That is why we wanted to speak with you.

We believe that other networks and/or cable stations would be more than happy to have Eleventh Hour as theirs. And, as its fans, we will be more than happy to let them know that millions of fans come with it to their station. We have already gathered information to contact all the other networks, as well as cable stations such as TNT, USA and SciFi. We could contact British TV as well if you think that is an option.

We wanted to talk to you first regarding all of this. We wanted to see how you felt about it. How the actors may feel about it. How Mr. Bruckheimer may feel about it. It is important to us to know how you all feel before we proceed. And we know that something like this will take time. We may be passionate, but we are also realistic.

Do you know if Mr. Bruckheimer would be willing to remain behind EH when so many of its fans are? I know that he has 2 new summer shows coming out on TNT this year. Is it possible to get TNT to pick up EH? With you and Mr. Bruckheimer behind this, and all its fans contacting these stations with appeals for EH to be picked up, perhaps we can all make something happen?

We would also be more than willing to contact Mr. Bruckheimer ourselves to appeal to him directly. Is there a way that we can do that?

Please let me know your thoughts on all of this. We are all very serious and very committed. We just need some help.

Your fan,

Kellie Laibl

I hope it reflected what we all feel. I still have a pounding head, so it is definitely not my best.

I was also able to go to the sites I had previously posted the Campaign info on and make the updates regarding the new site and the new Thread link. Hopefully, people will hear the news of its cancellation and re-visit those sites.

I will be in and out today. My poor neglected son needs to get out. But I will definitely be back at his nap time to see what is up. And I will let you all know the moment I hear back from SG.

You all take care and keep your chins up.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby Famke » 20 May 2009, 08:28

WOW!

Kel, the letter is fantastic. You cover all the logistic details and come across as very prepared, with a well-thought out plan of action. I am sure Mr. Gallagher will be pleased and impressed.

I know I am!

I am working on my own letter this morning. I plan to really think it through before emailing it off everywhere.

I hope we get his response to your letter soon.

THANK YOU for your efforts!

Famke
Last edited by Famke on 20 May 2009, 13:17, edited 1 time in total.
Famke
Grade Schooler

Postby ellie70 » 20 May 2009, 08:45

Well done Kellie, very well written. I have PM'd you.
ellie70
Kindergartener

Postby onepercentclub » 20 May 2009, 09:24

Kellie, if that is not your best, I don't know what could be. Your message is very inspiring and very very good.

I wonder why Mr. Gallagher hasn't posted anything at his blog. I hope he's busy listening to other options for EH.

I hope he answers real soon and I hope we have good news soon.

Until then, get everyone you can to send mails. Seriously, ANYONE you can. Bribe them if you can, buy them a coffee, breakfast, a juice, a drink if possible. I know I will!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby tigerlily124 » 20 May 2009, 09:27

Hi there everyone! I just wanted to post my last feedback comment to CBS. Please let me know if I did a good job expressing myself here. I am glad to see that people are still trying. We fought the good fight guys - even though we lost. We linked our arms and with camaraderie as one of our best strengths, we tried our best. I was honored to fight alongside you all. Here is my message to CBS:

Hello CBS. I can't even begin to tell you how disappointed I am that you decided to cancel 'Eleventh Hour'. This is the second year in a row that you have canceled a show that I liked. But this one stings the most. I felt that it had the most to offer - a great cast, good plots, intelligent humor and application of science, and characters with a humanity beyond anything I have seen before in a show. I am not going to hurl insults - that would be pointless. I suppose that the principle reason I am writing this is that I wish to inform you that I will no longer be following new shows. I am a scientist at the University of Wisconsin, I work very long hours, and I simply do not have the energy to try to like a new show when, chances are, it will be canceled. I just do not have the energy any more. From now on, I'm sticking to books and movies. I wish you luck in your business enterprises and bid you good day and good bye. Cheers.
tigerlily124
Preschooler

Postby ellie70 » 20 May 2009, 09:31

Hi tigerlily!!
I saw your post over on CBS and yes, I think you did yourself and the rest of us proud. I am a science undergraduate here in England and I absolutely loved EH. Here's hoping that we can have it back again someday.

Elliex
ellie70
Kindergartener

Postby onepercentclub » 20 May 2009, 09:39

Hey tigerlily, welcome to Planet Hood!

You did a good job with your post. We're also emailing CBS and we're letting them know how stupid they are and what a stupid decision they have made by cancelling EH.

We are sending emails to other networks to try to get them pick the show.

It's very important you can get any friend you have to do that too.

We can make this happen.

Welcome again and come back anytime please!

Lu
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 20 May 2009, 09:53

Kellie, AMAZING work. I believe, after having read a few entries in his blog, that SG may be our best and strongest ally in the fight to bring back the show we love. Your letter was beautifully written and touched on everything I think we wanted to say. Well done!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 20 May 2009, 14:07

No emails yet, guys, but he may just be decompressing somewhere. This was his 'baby' and it had to sting that it wasn't renewed, even if it was a POS network like CBS.

I did have 2 email addresses, so I just sent the same message to the other one, just in case. And I will let you all know as soon as I do.

And thank you for all your comments about the letter....I think you guys are getting too easy on me!

Until later. :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby dvikib » 20 May 2009, 14:42

Kellie - that email to Mr. Gallagher was amazing in every way. You summed up our collective
feelings perfectly. I certainly hope your headache is better. I can't imagine how you were able to compose such a great message with a bad headache. My mind is pure mush when I get headaches. I woke up with a migraine this morning and I think the cause was the stress of not knowing...and then knowing the fate of my favorite show. My boyfriend is away on a business trip but he was
very supportive by phone with my sadness of Eleventh Hour being cancelled because he loved it too.
dvikib
Preschooler

Next

Return to The Show