The Hood/Rachel Dynamic

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

The Hood/Rachel Dynamic

Postby æthre » 22 Apr 2009, 20:53

Or, as 1% likes to put it, The H/R Shipper Club! :3

Sooo, Medea kinda cemented the whole 'okay, we can totally ship this now' deal, did it not?
-Nikki
æthre
President

Re: The Hood/Rachel Dynamic

Postby onepercentclub » 22 Apr 2009, 20:58

Oh yes it did!!! And that's why we have the H/R Shipper Club, don't forget!
Their dynamic is great and their chemistry is greater. The admiration and respect they have for each other is nice to see and I'm sure their partnership/friendship can and will grow into something more.
For now, it's fine where they are.
And, don't you all love those little conversations they have? In a way they tell you a little bit of the characters and they're getting to know each other.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 Apr 2009, 21:03

Yeah, I'm with you on the friendship/partnership thing. I wanna see more of them being friends before we get into any really shippy stuff!

And their little conversations are brilliant! It's amusing the things they tell each other... like how Hood went to his prom in a peach tux! (It was peach, right?)
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 22 Apr 2009, 21:07

Yes!!! It was peach :P but he must've looked hot in any color.
We've learned so much from those conversations, like Hood's preference for books over sports, Rachel's father and liking the rain, oh! And those jokes are just amazing, the trust is building.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 Apr 2009, 21:11

Naaaah, I see him more as Chuck-cute as a kid than his current hotness, XD

Y'know, in high school, I don't think Rachel and Hood woulda liked each other. For some reason, I totally see Rachel being the sort to totally ignore Hood back then. Quiet geeky guy? Probably not the sort of guy that someone like Rachel would have paid attention to!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 22 Apr 2009, 21:24

Yeah, you're probably right. I agree with you, they wouldn't have liked each other. But I wonder what kind of girl Rachel must've been. Popular, book worm?
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 Apr 2009, 21:35

Totally a jock of some sort. But obviously a smart one in disguise, XD

Either that or she was one of those bad girls/rebels. Since, y'know, she didn't go to the prom and her dad seems a wee bit crazy...
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby luvinx » 22 Apr 2009, 21:37

Hottie kickass girl, I think. :lol:

As for the 'ship....Lu knows that I was 'shipping well before I should have been. :oops:
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 22 Apr 2009, 23:21

luvinx wrote:Hottie kickass girl, I think. :lol:

As for the 'ship....Lu knows that I was 'shipping well before I should have been. :oops:

Yes you were!!! However, it wasn't that hard for you to convince me, was it :lol:
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 22 Apr 2009, 23:35

I was trying not to ship... and then there was Medea.

Oh well, I was losing the not-shipping battle anyway. Well, other than my want for moar UST. I <3 UST.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby xFrEAKk » 24 Apr 2009, 15:34

LOL I've already considered them a couple since the first episode... (definitely shipping before I was supposed too! :lol:)

Rachel woulda been one of the (hottie kickass!) smart, popular ones, with all the jocks following her. :D And Jacob would be the smart guy that doesn't hang out after school, but just goes home to do homework and experiments :P)

You know, I wonder why Rachel didn't go to her prom... I would've expected her to be the type of person who would definitely go, eh? :o ) And for Jacob vice versa.
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 Apr 2009, 16:10

That's why I have the alt rebellious teen theory.

Shipping from the first episode, Kalli? Smoooth. Sure, I knew that it was highly probable that they'd be paired together later on in the show, but I wasn't shipping then!
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 Apr 2009, 20:16

(laughs) I, of course, was shipping from the 'panic button' moment in... that was in the first episode, right? (pummels memory) I keep thinking about the expression on Hood's face and somehow equating that with a little boy pulling girl's pigtails when he likes her. I still think he 'sat' on the button on purpose.

~ Jade

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 24 Apr 2009, 23:03

ObsidianJade wrote:(laughs) I, of course, was shipping from the 'panic button' moment in... that was in the first episode, right? (pummels memory) I keep thinking about the expression on Hood's face and somehow equating that with a little boy pulling girl's pigtails when he likes her. I still think he 'sat' on the button on purpose.

~ Jade

The panic button scene is very good, but I didn't like Rachel running around in that robe. But if you were shipping from there, don't we have a winner? Or Luvinx and Xfreak win too?
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 24 Apr 2009, 23:52

The robe thing is cuz in the original script Rachel was getting it on with one of the (six million) guys who hit on her in that episode.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby xFrEAKk » 25 Apr 2009, 07:16

I found the robe thing amusing :P.
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby æthre » 25 Apr 2009, 10:45

Same here... but I found it more amusing from a writer/critic standpoint than anything, XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 25 Apr 2009, 19:31

I did think the robe was entertaining, although it showed a distinct lack of forethought on Rachel's part. If you're gonna be a bodyguard and at beck and call at all hours, wear something appropriate at all hours!

However, you do notice that by the time 'H2O' rolls around, she's sleeping in those flannel pj pants and a tank? Very good for running around in. (And the waistband of the pants makes a handy place to stuff your gun, too!)

However, I am very glad they cut the sleeping-with-random-guy part out of the script. That would have sent the wrong message entirely. The "Mr. Shoes" thing at the beginning of... Miracle? - though, that was hilarious. (Actually, that's what prompted A Woman Scorned!) Show of hands, how many other people were just waiting for Hood to ask, "Um, Rachel, who's shirt are you wearing?"

~ Jade

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 25 Apr 2009, 22:11

*raises hand*
I agree Sarah.

I also agree that the panic button thing seemed a little too convenient on Hood's part....perhaps he was "tugging on her tails". :D And I am glad that she learned to dress a little less, um, scantily.

She should save that FOR Hood. ;)
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 26 Apr 2009, 02:29

Oh god yes, that bit with the guy in her apartment was great! And it took so long for Hood to realise that she had company! I mean, c'mon, it was totally obvious from just the shirt!

I like the fact that she was comfortable enough with him to change clothes in front of him, though!

On the other hand... how long did she go bra-less for?
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby xFrEAKk » 26 Apr 2009, 07:29

Omg, ya, bra-less. I was like, "What the hell..." Running around like that I don't think is very ..... comfortable... XD

*Raises hand* I agree with Sarah and Kel. :P

Jacob: "Um, Rachel, who's shirt are you wearing?"

Rachel: *Looks at him with her "Are you stupid?" Look* "Hood, You don't recognize it?"

Jacob: "Uh..."

Rachel: "It's your shirt, genius."

Jacob: "Uh...huh..... Okay..."

Obviously, that's not how it would turn out.... (Aw too bad. I mean, what about Jacob?! :lol:)
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 Apr 2009, 19:29

Or, "Um, Rachel..."
"What, Hood?"
"Whose shirt is that, exactly?"
(with her back turned, changing) "Some genius you are." (smiles and leaves it at that)

Also... didn't she put on one of those cami-tanks under her blouse? Those will generally have built-in shelf bras, not great in the support department, but you can get ones that have underwires as well. So she may not have been going braless; they just couldn't show her putting on a regular one, I imagine.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 26 Apr 2009, 19:43

Hmmm... I don't know... I suppose I'll have to watch it again and see. Oh, the torture!

She puts on a long sleeved shirt-thingy... so no cami-tanks.

God I love how Hood just stares at her. It's not even a shippy stare, he's just looking at her, clueless.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 Apr 2009, 19:50

Well, there goes that theory. It was a good one, though. Drat.

(nods) I love Hood's 'huh?' look. He's cute when he's clueless. Just as well it doesn't happen that often, though. If he were that confused all the time, the world would have ended by now.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 26 Apr 2009, 19:53

Yeah, fortunately his cluelessness seems to only extend as far as human relations... particularly the one involving Rachel. Silly man <3
-Nikki
æthre
President

Next

Return to The Show