1x18 Medea

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

1x18 Medea

Postby onepercentclub » 05 May 2009, 22:55

Do I need to say something about this episode? Hell, yeah!

Hood and Rachel investigate the case of a woman who claims that The FBI Deputy Director has taken the child she bore with him.

The episode is full of great moments, angst and the best of the Hood/Rachel dynamic... Or should we call it from this episode on the H/R relationship?

Hood has a hard time seeing Rachel kidnapped and being a suspect for the FBI. Fortunately, Felix helps him out and together they find a way to give the woman what she wants.

I liked to see this side of Hood, when he gets all angry and demands something. Hood was convinced Sophia was right and that was done to her was unfair. Besides, he was desperate to get Rachel, for obvious reasons and because she knew Sophia could be dangerous.

The diner scene was nerve-wrecking. Hood begging Rachel to stay awake, suffering with her, encouraging her to not give up and hold on was excellent. The look on his face while the doctors are working on her, only tells us how much he's beginning to care for her.

My dear friend (and EH soul mate) Kel was right. Hood's only relationship with a woman is Rachel. The end scene is very promising. I never thought Rachel liked her job this much. She admires Hood and Hood admires Rachel as well. But Hood was willing to let her go because if she hadn't survived, he probably wouldn't have survived either. And Rachel's answer was very satisfying for Hood. She might miss her apartment and her classmates at Quantico might not find her job interesting, but if someone else was in her shoes, she would be 'jealous as hell'.

Something will stay with me forever. The 'poisonous pancakes' comment. Go Rachel!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Re: 1x18 Medea

Postby æthre » 05 May 2009, 23:08

Other than all the obvious shippiness, I love Hood's rather... involved plan, XD His mind works strange ways under stress.

I love the scene where he's in Sophia's apartment and waiting her call. And how Rachel basically takes control of her own hostage situation. Seriously, I don't think the hostage should be calling the shots...
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 05 May 2009, 23:09

Yes, it was a good scene and it all seemed so easy for Rachel, to control Sophia like that.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby xFrEAKk » 06 May 2009, 19:33

This episode is my life. Literally. <3 I've watched it, what, 18 times now? I memorized and can re-enact the Pancake Diner scene.... <3 I love Jacob, and Rachel, and Jacob/Rachel..!! :lol:
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 06 May 2009, 21:18

The Diner scene is ridiculously awesome! It's so full of angst and shippiness.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 06 May 2009, 21:22

I have to admit....I have watched that scene waaaay more than is probably advisable. It is always so shocking to see her rip the bolt from Rachel's leg and to watch as H/R cling together in shock. It is just.....WOW!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 06 May 2009, 21:27

When I saw that scene, Sophia pulling the bolt out of Rachel's leg, it was awful, it was shocking, I had to cover my mouth.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 06 May 2009, 21:30

Me too. But now I watch it to see the 2 of them. Their chemistry explodes in this scene because of the way they both react to the bolt coming out. They are so 'in sync' with each other.

Thanks to the story, I had to watch it several more times yesterday. :D
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 06 May 2009, 22:08

Yes, their chemistry is awesome here *sighs*

Well, I can't wait to read that story my friend!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby æthre » 06 May 2009, 22:22

Yeah, I definitely omg'd at the part where Sophia rips out the bolt.

Though when she was shot, I spent the entire time going 'omg, that's a fucking crossbow!! CROSSBOW! How win is THAT?!'

Priorities.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby xFrEAKk » 07 May 2009, 06:22

I practically screamed with them when that bitch ripped out the arrow! Omg, I've watched that scene probably more that 25 times.... (Wow I need a life) and I can never get over feeling Rachel's pain! I'm uploading the scene on Youtube right now, and hopefully it works ('cause I had tried three other times prior to this one, with fail.) :lol:
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 07 May 2009, 16:26

xFrEAKk wrote:I'm uploading the scene on Youtube right now

Thank youuu... those of us not able to (or comfortable with) pirating episodes are feeling a definate lack of H/R-ness lately. Which is probably why I'm so stuck with 'Revenge is Sweet.'

Also, suffering through a painfully unreliable internet connection right at the moment. :twisted: Comcast makes me so MAD!!!

Post a link if you get the YouTube thing to work, yeah?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 07 May 2009, 17:01

My theory on pirating EH is this...

They're not airing it. It's not on DVD. They're not offering it on Hulu... Really, it's a sign of devotion!

XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby onepercentclub » 07 May 2009, 20:19

Kalli, I think it's amazing that you're uploading it on YouTube. There isn't much of EH there so you should do it.
Oh! You could post the 'you fold a map like a girl' too!
:D
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 07 May 2009, 20:34

It is a very good idea for the campaign, too. So many fans are asking where they can see the eps and such. It would be nice to be able to show them some of the clips, at the very least. It didn't take much with all of us to get hooked, right?
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 07 May 2009, 20:39

I agree!!! And no, it didn't ;)
Kalli should upload all those little conversations we all love and made us, well, obsessed with this show and the dynamic.
Kalli you let us know!!!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 08 May 2009, 18:37

aethre wrote:They're not airing it. It's not on DVD. They're not offering it on Hulu... Really, it's a sign of devotion!

(laughs) Works for me. And hey, we'll all still get the DVDs, right? We're just looking for our fix in between, 'cause really, those dinky little clips they're posting on CBS.com are not enough. The resolution is crap, for one thing.

We love you Kalli~!

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 08 May 2009, 18:56

I'm good at justifying things! Which is vaguely hilarious because I couldn't give a crap that I'm stealing tv. I mean, wow, people have been stealing tv since practically the dawn of tv. It's socially acceptable by this point after all.

I can't wait until pirating becomes socially acceptable... Well, more than it already is. And outside of the internet circles. XD
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby xFrEAKk » 09 May 2009, 11:06

Thanks guys! <3 If there's a scene you want me to put up, just let me know, along with the episode it's in. I'd be glad to upload anything. :D

(BTW, the clip hasn't worked yet, I'm still trying though. I won't give up! :lol:)
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby luvinx » 09 May 2009, 14:01

Kalli, just upload as many as you can. All the "greatest hits" we all talk about. The more clips you upload, the more exposure we can get for the show. Plus, we can put a link for the Campaign with them all! :D

I was watching this ep (for a change) and I also think that, at the end, in the truck, Rachel says something along the same lines as what Hood's wife might have said when she was sick and dying when she says "if it doesn't work out....it's not your fault....you can't fix everything." Just look at his face. He looks haunted.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 09 May 2009, 17:17

luvinx wrote:Rachel says something along the same lines as what Hood's wife might have said when she was sick and dying when she says "if it doesn't work out....it's not your fault....you can't fix everything." Just look at his face. He looks haunted.

(nods) I had the same thought... there's a line like that in my story, 'Wonder.' But, after all, what else are you going to say to the poor guy? He thinks he can save the world if he's just brilliant enough.... and it hurts him so badly when he can't.

Wow, I'm sitting on a bodyball while I type this (one of those big inflatable workout balls) and it's an interesting experience. But hey, it's fun. Sort of. :D

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby xFrEAKk » 09 May 2009, 18:09

Omg, when she said that, it like, broke my heart. :cry:
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 09 May 2009, 18:28

Mine, too. She's trying to save him from himself, she knew he would feel guilty no matter what happened.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby xFrEAKk » 10 May 2009, 10:40

Mm hm, and did you notice that what she said hurt him, all he could say was, "Just hold on." Poor Jacob :cry:
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Postby xFrEAKk » 10 May 2009, 13:51

Hey, I finally got the Pancake Diner scene up!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fDS2jdziA60

Quality's not amazing, sorry :P!!! Man, I musta watched this scene over a thousand times... :cry:

BTW, can you guys list the scenes you want uploaded on my thread? I can't remember with ones we want. (I know, I'm pathetic! :x )
xFrEAKk
Grade Schooler

Next

Return to The Show