Rufus Sewell

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Rufus Sewell

Postby luvinx » 14 Apr 2011, 14:57

I do vividly remember having that steamy conversation. :P
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 14 Apr 2011, 22:06

kygal wrote:Rufus to play lead vampire villian in Abe Lincoln Vampire Hunter. Due out June 2012. Would not mind a neck nibble from this vamp!

Hell yeah!!!! :lol:
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 16 Apr 2011, 06:27

Darn, a tweet has mentioned (not sure how reliable) he will play evil...not sexy. If its Rufus, I am sure I will find his evil sexy! Shame on me! Its a period piece so who knows what he'll look like as a vampire. I can certainly picture him as a sexy modern vampire...evil or not!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 16 Apr 2011, 08:28

Ugh, I just saw some articles that said that too. :( That may mean he will have so much yucky makeup on, we will not see that gorgeous face at all.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 16 Apr 2011, 19:41

I don't honestly think that Rufus is capable of playing a role and not exuding sex appeal, though. Probably less to worry about than you're, er, worried about.

I am tired and incoherent. Pardon me, please?

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 18 Apr 2011, 05:11

Being the rabid Rufus fan I am I ordered the book. Found out the Rufus role of Adam the vampire leader is written in for the film by the book author. Just my luck. He remains a mystery!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 19 Apr 2011, 11:04

Of course Rufus will be sexy and evil as the vampire leader. Evil is often sexy and seductive. Vampires especially have a long history of seducing their victims. So, yes, Rufus will be sexy, evil and very, very good as a vampire.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 19 Apr 2011, 11:42

None of today's vampire writers have apparently *ever* read the original Dracula. Or if so, they refuse to acknowledge it. Stoker's villain was not what anyone would have deemed attractive.

Not that it matters. I'll take vampire!Rufus over Stoker's vampire (or Meyer's, for that matter) any day of the week. Would much rather be munched on by tall-dark-and-dreamy Rufus than the older, unattractive and heavily-mustached man that the Count is described as. Or a tall, bronze-haired perpetual teenager that looks like an anorexic heroin addict, :roll:

/vamp!rant

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 20 Apr 2011, 04:37

LOL. I agree with you! My daughter will argue that point...she is 16 and "in love" with that "Edward guy". The ignorance of youth!!!!

Thought it was interesting that her middle school class went to the play Dracula on a field trip a few years ago. They read it in class. I guess it is considered a classic.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 20 Apr 2011, 07:00

Sarah, Sarah, Sarah -

I have to protest! You need to go back and re-read your Dracula. Even Jonathan harker admitted that the man had a charming and courtly air. (Well, he thougth that before Drac left him to be killed by his 3 brides). And Bram Stroker based the character of Dracula on Sir Henry Irving (who was a pretty good looking guy) - he hoped Irving would play Dracula on the stage.

And remember how the little children described vampire Lucy as the "bloofer (beatutiful) lady?" Vampires have to be seductive and charming in order to persuade their victims to let them get close enough to bite them.

I heartily recommend the movie version of Dracula starrig Frank Langella. THAT is how I see vampire Rufus.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 20 Apr 2011, 07:13

I have actually been looking for my copy of Dracula, but it seems to have disappeared under a pile of Laurell K. Hamilton and old Ann Rice novels...... :oops:

I like my vampires pretty, too. I just prefer them with a little, uh, substance. (hides her perv!hat behind her back) And I will submit that 'charming and courtly' does not necessarily equal 'attractive.' I wasn't aware he'd been based on Irving, though.

And as for Edward - gods! If you can stand Meyer's writing long enough to actually read the books, he's a manipulative SOB that boarders on emotionally abusive. Mind, Bella's a whiny little chit, so they kind of deserve each other.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 20 Apr 2011, 16:42

I have never been able to stomach more than the summaries of the "twilight" novels. As for Dracula, sweetie, you need to remember, the primary sex organ is the brain. So, yes, courtly and charming DOES equal attractive. Had a dean here who was so charismatic that you totally forgot the moment he opened his mouth that he wasn't much to look at. Substance over style every day!
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 20 Apr 2011, 19:21

You girls scare me with your Drac knowlege! I am out of my league with you two! I do love the Frank L version!

Mind you...its MY 16 year old Sarah who loves Twilight! I didnt read the books, but she did. I did wear a stupid "I Love Vampires" shirt to the midnight premier with her. I consider myself a fun mom, even if she doesnt.

I do look forward to Roof as a vamp!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 23 Apr 2011, 19:16

EHfan wrote: ...you need to remember, the primary sex organ is the brain. So, yes, courtly and charming DOES equal attractive.

So of course, you would still be attracted to Rufus if he were.... oh, bald, ninety years of age, and a hundred pounds overweight. Because he's just that charming.

And I have read Twilight, mostly because I needed solid data to criticize it. Quite frankly, it's only my deep and abiding love for books that has kept me from burning my copy of the series. It is as bad as you've heard, and then some. The characters have very little to recommend them on the basis of personality, the books very little on the basis of writing or plot, and I will reiterate my earlier opinion of Edward-in-the-movies as an anorexic heroin addict.

And you're a great mom! You'd have to be, if you're willing to sit through a torture session like that movie simply for the love of your child, :lol: .

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 24 Apr 2011, 10:04

I think I tolerated Twilight better than the High School Musicals and Jonas Bros concerts. What we do as parents! I did get my copy of Abe Lincoln Vamp Hunter...just havent started it yet.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 24 Apr 2011, 18:51

Should I be ashamed to admit I actually liked the first HSM movie?

Then again, I like Glee and American Idol, too. Perhaps it shouldn't come as a surprise.

(surreptitiously adds Abe Lincoln, Vampire Hunter to her Amazon order)

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 25 Apr 2011, 04:37

Really I did enjoy it all because my daughter enjoyed it so. I have the best of both worlds...a son and daughter. So I really get involved in some interesting things! Remember that the Rufus caharacter of Adam is not in the book. I do plan to read it anyway... just cause!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 08 May 2011, 16:55

Yes, Sarah, I will still find Rufus alluring when he's ninty and balding, because he will still be funny and charming! But then again, I'll be 100, so yeah maybe it's not that much of a surprise!

Susan, what did you think of ALVH? I thougth it was a great book. Glad that it's the author who wrote the screenplay, I'm looking forward to it more now cause it will be an interesting movie, not just a Roofing opportunity!
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 09 May 2011, 04:36

Hate to admit that I have not started the book. I had planned to start it when dad was in the hospital. Things have settled so I plan to start it asap.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 11 Jul 2011, 14:22

Dont forget to watch or set the dvr to Zen on Masterpiece PBS Sunday 7-17-11 at 9 pm EST. No Rufus fan will be disappointed. Heres an interview and some clips! He talks about being offered better roles in tv and theater than films. Warning...he looks fine in a suit!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAiBkMURrLk
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 22 Jul 2011, 05:57

Did anyone watch Zen? If so...what did you think?

Another episode on Masterpiece Mystery this Sunday. Its better than the first one!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 29 Jul 2011, 04:25

Last episode (best one) of Zen on Masterpiece Mystery this Sunday! Got to admit he looks great in a suit!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 29 Jul 2011, 09:55

I did get a chance to watch the first one. Pretty good, and his acting, as always, was great. The part in the cave was so uncomfortable and freaky to watch - a testament to his acting. I couldn't breathe. Only problem: he is a "good guy" in this and since it is RS, there are many times where I could "see" Hood and it made me sad all over again.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 31 Jul 2011, 05:58

Glad you enjoyed it! The best ones on tonight. I know just what you mean. There are times an expression or look reminded me of Jacob Hood. I have enjoyed this more than anything else he has done since EH. I kind of like the good guy-crime fighting role!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 29 Oct 2011, 04:50

Happy Birthday Rufus!
kygal
Middle Schooler

PreviousNext

Return to The Show