Favorite Moments or Quotes

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Re: Favorite Moments or Quotes

Postby kygal » 18 Feb 2010, 05:24

One of the best episodes for all those fun/cute moments!
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 19 Feb 2010, 06:12

And compare this scene with the one in Savant, when Rachel tells Hood to stay in the car then, he's all, yeah, ok. Sigh, loved the way the writers developed the relationship between the two over the course of the season.

Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 21 Feb 2010, 20:08

I know, me too. They were earning each other's trust step by step, and with those little conversations that were short by big in content. That's how they were getting to know each other and their relationship was changing from being partners to becoming friends.

Again, damn CBS for the cancellation. I always thought of their relationship as very Mulder and Scully kind of. Those X-Philes know what I mean ;)

You know, another favorite moment of mine is when Hood is talking to the psychologist about how he has been dealing with his wife's death. That his grief doesn't involve crying on anyone's shoulders. And she asks him a very important question: What does it involve? And then a car stops by. And guess who steps out? Rachel and she needs him for a case, even when it's his weekend off. And then he answers "It involves this".

The episode is Flesh. Pretty nice!
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 22 Feb 2010, 05:55

Really love these "little moments". I think I missed some of them during the season but really picked up on them with the dvd. Really feel cheated by CBS because there was so much potential in storyline and character developement that just ended...no closure. All I ask for was another season or two or three or.....
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 14 Jan 2011, 23:16

Ha, almost a year after the last post...

The thing is CBS is the worst network. The season finale let the fans wanting for more. There were so many things to explore, the character needed development and the best thing was that they could evolve! And I just wanted to see Hood be apart of Rachel and miss her while she recovered. And of course: I wanted more of those little moments.

To be honest, Hood and Rachel were a couple that you didn't have on TV. With all the crappy couples like House and Cuddy, those from Grey's Anatomy and even Booth and Brennan (who may never get together), having Hood and Rachel in a new relationship, moving step by step, trusting each other, being mature, smart and having the chemisty that many lack... They were unique :(
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 15 Jan 2011, 07:31

I totally agree! They gave us such interesting characters with such great potential, to only take it away after 18 eps. The way it ended...I felt I had no closure. Still hate CBS. I think Rufus does to with some of his comments. Makes me think he was upset like the rest of us at what happened.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 16 Jan 2011, 00:07

I'm sure it was a shock for the actors as well. I mean, there you have a show with 12 million viewers, what the heck did CBS want? And I bet it was a question Marley, Rufus and even Mr. Gallagher asked. And yes, there was no closure. Ugh, there were so many storylines that we could've enjoyed and Marley's performance had improved highly towards the last episodes.

I wonder how many projects both Marley and Rufus had to postpone or cancel due to the series. I mean, it's not normal for an actor, movie actor that is, to commit to a tv series, I think. I'm sure they thought it was a good idea only if it was successful and it was! But then, it felt like they no longer needed them and they got cancelled. :cry:
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 16 Jan 2011, 16:57

onepercentclub wrote:With all the crappy couples like House and Cuddy, those from Grey's Anatomy and even Booth and Brennan (who may never get together),

Interesting that you should say this - just read in the paper today that the future of both House and Bones is in doubt, that the ratings for both are down sharply this year. Can't say that I'm surprised, both shows have jumped the shark as far as I'm concerned.

I agree - the Rachel/Hood dynamic was different, two individuals who were equal partners. Unlike the Booth/Brennen relationship, one of them wasn't emotionally stunted. Hood may have been quirky and still grieving his wife, but he was open to human relationships, he wasn't portrayed as damaged like Brennen.

I know Stephen Gallagher opposed a romantic realtionship between the two, but I think it could have worked.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 16 Jan 2011, 17:11

EHfan wrote:I know Stephen Gallagher opposed a romantic realtionship between the two, but I think it could have worked.

I agree. And look what we got even with him opposing this (as he should have, really, in the beginning). We got flirting and bonding and caring....all the anticipation and growth is what we all like anyway. Look what happens when all our favorite couples do finally get together anyway. Either the series tanks or the relationship itself was not half as good or exciting as its build-up or TPTB feel like they have to change these beloved characters now that the relationship is official....it never quite works out.

I think in EH's case, though, it could have reached a wonderful balance.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby EHfan » 17 Jan 2011, 13:58

I love how you put that:
onepercentclub wrote: We got flirting and bonding and caring....all the anticipation and growth is what we all like anyway

Because that's exactly what we did get - to watch the development of their relationship, from the almost hostility in Resurrection to the concern in Medea.
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Previous

Return to The Show