New Season Blues

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

New Season Blues

Postby EHfan » 25 Sep 2009, 05:49

Anyone else spend last night reading EH fanfic? Face it, in a just world we would have all been watching the season premier of our show, let's hope that we get some good news soon.

The thing that ticked me off the most so far this season? An article in the Washington Post hailing the success of the show, The Good Wife. It came in second in the 18-49 demographic, did NOT win it's time period overall, and had 14 million viewers (down 5 mil from NCIS-LA which preceeded it).

Heck, EH had numbers just as good if not better than this and was barely mentioned by the press. I'm not waiting for the numbers for the Mentalist. I'm willing to bet that last year's #1 new show will be posting EH numbers this year.

EHfan
aka Joyce
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Re: New Season Blues

Postby luvinx » 25 Sep 2009, 08:58

I was right there with you Joyce! Last night was tough, especially considering the show that followed CSI. (I just can't say the name right now.)

It is amazingly unfair, and EH was robbed all the way around, as we were. 14 million, eh? I bet half are former ER folks who are just checking in on JM....period. And where are all those retentionists now? Down 5 million? EH would have been blasted!

Unfair is the perfect word here. What a rip!

As for that Show-That-Will-Not-Be-Named....I can't wait to see those numbers drop!
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 25 Sep 2009, 09:35

(is ignoring CBS so thoroughly she wouldn't notice if it vanished from the face of the Earth tomorrow)

Depressed... depressed... depressed. And I haven't been able to write anything EH-y for months now. I may have to take a page out of Nikki's pirate manual after all, just to see if I can't get my EH mojo back.... For better or worse, I was the most prolific author in that category.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 25 Sep 2009, 11:24

I've been sad too and it's just awful. And you know, check last night's ratings for CBS. They're not as good as they expected and to be honest and don't think they're getting better any sooner.

EH was robbed, I still insist that if it had had a second season, it would've started out with great numbers.

But some people are just so blind to see, that they watch The Mentalist.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby EHfan » 25 Sep 2009, 13:01

Sarah,

I'm with you on the depression thing. But I do so hope that you can get your mojo back to write moe EH fanfic. I always enjoyed your stories. I'm working on one myself and it really does ease the pain. Plus, think of it this way. An acitve fandom might be just the thing to convince some network to revive the show.

EHfan
aka Joyce

P.S. I find it helps to watch the clips on YouTube
EHfan
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 25 Sep 2009, 15:21

Glad to know I am not the only one who is sad this week...I just watched a silly movie on cable last pm. We have been robbed...EH SHOULD have been on last night...just makes me sick. I have really not watched much this week.

One funny thing though...I ordered -off amazon -the 2008 fall tv guide weeks ago that features EH and Rufus. It came in the mail yesterday...EH DAY. From what I read it seems they made many last minute changes to the script and even changed the pilot (which most already know) since the test audience seemed upset about the fetus/jar story. Rufus stated he had to re learn lines all the time. Marley also said how fun and good looking Rufus was. They both let on that the characters chemistry was great and hinted that they did not want to look to far ahead but sparks could ignite in the future with these two. These are not the exact words since I do not have the article in hand. So much potential here....Lets bring this show back!!!!!!!!!

Still mad and never understood the no rerun thing though.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 25 Sep 2009, 15:28

Sweet! Does Amazon have any more of those?? I'd love to get a copy for myself. And the no-rerun thing was just CBasS being... well, asses.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 25 Sep 2009, 16:00

When I ordered this there was only one...now not available...but may want to keep checking or check e bay...I just put in Rufus Sewell on amazon and it was there. Interesting article...maybe it can be googled...I am not very computer smart. I thought both actors were in this show for the long haul is the impression I got . HATE CBS.
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 25 Sep 2009, 16:06

kygal wrote:I thought both actors were in this show for the long haul is the impression I got . HATE CBS.

They were! I think it was the "being kicked repeatedly in the gut by CBS" thing that may have soured them a bit; personally, I don't blame them for wanting to look like they didn't feel like that in the first place. Like SG said, it had to hurt especially bad to be part of something great....have it even DO WELL....and still get canceled.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 25 Sep 2009, 18:54

Aesop.... Fox and the Grapes, anyone?

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 25 Sep 2009, 22:36

Last week I was thinking how close EH second season premiere would've been and how anxious and excited I would've been to come home and watch the episode.

Damn CBS and I really hope they have a course on them that they will never have a hit show again. Just for cancelling what could've been a great one.

I wonder if EH had been in TM's time slot, who would've been the hit show? They were not even fair. TM had a 9pm time slot, EH had a 10pm. If they had wanted, they could've even switched them just to know. But well, we know now that they don't think, since they don't have brains. Jackasses...
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby kygal » 26 Sep 2009, 06:11

There were so many things they could have tried to do to help this show out. Makes no sense to pay that kind of money for a show, order more, hold it for NCAA basketball (well I am a Basketball fan) put the finale against the last ever ER. With the numbers it had it deserved AT LEAST a second season. Adjustments could have easily been made...yes even try another night. WithOut A Trace was after CSI at first then they moved it and it lasted years after that. I saw that Numbers is in its 6th season...no offense but this show has never been in the top 20 in ratings. I just dont understand...but I guess I have a brain.........
kygal
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 26 Sep 2009, 13:38

kygal wrote:I just dont understand...but I guess I have a brain.........

Ah ha! Therein lies the problem. Viewers with intelligence. We are doomed.

onepercentclub wrote:I wonder if EH had been in TM's time slot, who would've been the hit show?

I have no doubt who the bigger hit would have been, Lu....no doubts whatsoever.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 26 Sep 2009, 18:50

An earlier timeslot and a bit more promotion? EH could have been pulling... oh, I dunno, 18-20 mil/viewers an episode? Probably more, that's just a guesstimate.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby luvinx » 26 Sep 2009, 21:47

And a great guess it is, too. I agree.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby onepercentclub » 26 Sep 2009, 22:40

Me too... Remember how we talked about you guys watching the show and be chatting about it at the same time? Of course I would've been just reading your conversation until I downloaded it. Damn it, it sounded like a great a idea... I really wanted that :( I still want it.
onepercentclub
Middle Schooler

Postby luvinx » 27 Sep 2009, 09:43

onepercentclub wrote:Me too... Remember how we talked about you guys watching the show and be chatting about it at the same time?

I have been thinking about that a lot over the last couple of weeks. And how so many people did not even have to do a thing but wait for their show to come back and watch the premiere. Us, on the other hand, had to fight tooth and nail from almost day 1 to keep our show....and we are without. That "unfair" word is creeping about again.
luvinx
High Schooler

Postby æthre » 27 Sep 2009, 10:24

If you're going to torrent EH, I recommend doing it soon cuz I'm pretty sure a lot of the episodes aren't even available for download anymore. No seeds. And my up speed is WAY too slow to seed anything.

Soon, the show won't even be on the interwebs. Time, and lack of publicity, is the best way to remove something from the internet. Stupid recording industries don't seem to get that.
-Nikki
æthre
President

Postby rueful2 » 27 Sep 2009, 10:50

Why can't they just release a DVD! It's like they're pushing people to illegal downloads. HATE THEM!
rueful2
Middle Schooler

Postby ObsidianJade » 27 Sep 2009, 12:57

æthre wrote:I recommend doing it soon cuz I'm pretty sure a lot of the episodes aren't even available for download anymore

What the crap? You've been torrenting cartoons that even I've barely heard of, and yet they dare to pull EH?? (shakes head) Beam me up, Scottie. There is clearly no intelligent life in charge of this planet.

ObsidianJade
High Schooler

Postby kygal » 02 Oct 2009, 15:56

Seems like there is something missing from my life every Thursday night at 10pm...now I just go to bed.........
kygal
Middle Schooler

Return to The Show