Eleventh Hour DVD - but is it UK or US???

Anything related to Eleventh Hour goes here.

Eleventh Hour DVD - but is it UK or US???

Postby rightxhere » 27 Aug 2009, 19:10

I wasn't sure which thread I could stick this in, so I made a new one.

A friend posted on FaceBook yesterday with a link to a site called My Collects and I was quite excited as they have Eleventh Hour season 1 listed.

Here's the catch, the COVER ART shows our beloved Jacob and Rachel, but the blurb about the show is for the UK one.

If that's not strange enough, the four-episode event is listed as being on 7 DVD's. Now I could see why it would be 7 DVD's if it was the US version (perhaps), but the UK one...well, seems a bit excessive, no?

I don't know that they're even a legit site anyway, because they have seasons 1-4 of Third Watch on there too (yet officially only seasons 1 & 2 have been released), but I thought I would share the link just the same as it was of interest....or, sort of :)

At some point later in the year if we still haven't got the series released yet, I might get it anyway...and if it turns out to be the UK one, well that's okay as Ashley Jensen's a great actress and I have been finding the UK version interested as well (although not as good, but I'm totally a Jacob Hood girl, so heh!).

Oh, the actual link is here: http://www.mycollects.com/products/Elev ... -1689.html
rightxhere
Preschooler

Re: Eleventh Hour DVD - but is it UK or US???

Postby ? » 28 Aug 2009, 01:00

I strongly suspect that this is a fake. Followers on this website have tracked Eleventh Hour extremely well. There has been no official word on a DVD release yet. At least two of the descriptions on that site contradict each other. One says Wide Screen and the other one says Fullscreen. The Wide Screen format has been sold as Widescreen (one word) for many years. The American version only has 18 episodes. At an average of 4 eps. per disc for most television series, even with bonus features there should only be 5 discs.

A short lived British series that only ran for four episodes, Eleventh Hour returns Patrick Stewart to the small screen in the role of Dr. Ian Hood, a roving, troubleshooting adviser to the British Government who investigates science related crimes and conspiracies. A brilliant, daring professor, Hood has all the tools necessary for such an eclectic profession- he's a veritable scholar in all fields of science, possessing pronounced skills in analysis of both the seen and unseen, and he has an honest desire to uphold right over wrong. With partner and his Special Branch Scottish bodyguard Rachel Young Dr. Hood goes up against all manner of evils including rogue cloners, polluters and viruses on the cutting edge of modern day science.

On strictly an opinion basis, the artwork and packaging are questionable but can be accurate. Television shows are rarely produced using surround sound, and the dvds are rarely region free, except for very early programs now in the public domain. This seems to be either a bootleg or a rip-off. It is probably a bit of both on some level though. I would recommend that you save your money. Use a well known legitimate DVD shop instead.
"?"
?
Kindergartener

Postby rightxhere » 28 Aug 2009, 01:46

Thanks for your reply :) I was having a nosy around on their site after my post here, and started to suspect it was one of those sites that only sold copies that had aired on TV in China (as that's apparently their source).

To it all though, I say "Bugger".

On a similar note, does anyone know how soon after Jericho, and even Invasion (although I'm not sure if they were CBS shows also???) were released on DVD after they were axed?
rightxhere
Preschooler

Postby luvinx » 28 Aug 2009, 08:11

I am not sure about Jericho or Invasion, sorry. But I am pretty sure that, even though that above link there seems bogus, that the DVD is going to be released. I mentioned this in another thread, but I was able to 'get a hold of' Danny Cannon, an executive producer of EH, and he said it was coming out. I sent another message to him to see if he knew when exactly, and telling him about our Campaign, and I am awaiting his reply. He replied once, very nicely, so I am hopeful. I suppose he is a busy man, eh? :lol:

If I don't hear anything in a couple days, I will send along another message.
luvinx
High Schooler

Return to The Show